Effects - Don't feel Kratom euphoria anymore

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by mopithe14th, Jul 27, 2010.

1. mopithe14th

mopithe14th Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hi,

My first ever experience with Kratom was with the Thai strain; I chewed roughly 7.5 grams which gave me great euphoria for the first 5 times I had it. I had 7 day breaks in between each of my first 5 doses.

Since my first 5 times I have never felt any euphoria with it; I have tried using Grapefruit Juice but this didn't potentiate the effects. I do also use Codeine which might affect the opioid receptors? But I did have a four week break from all drugs. At the end of the break I started taking the Kratom again, but still no euphoria. I do also get the mild nausea on 7.5 grams.

Any advice to "get back" the euphoria would be great!

1. 3/5,
      Self-incrimination is against the forum rules. Please tell us about your friend or pet purple penguin. Read the Forum Rules.
      Jul 27, 2010
  2. kratom

kratom Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from ghana
    You might want to try adding some magnesium to the diet, this can help in resetting youourself. Also keep in mind that Grapefruit juice itself is not really useful, but the peel does contain psoralen, once consumed they form 6'7' dihydroxybergamottin (DHB) which is a potent inhibitor of the CYP3A enzymes. Due to the way the juice is sometimes made (by squeezing whole fruits) it sometimes contains the psoralen from the peel.

kratom added 1414 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

I was contacted to share a source for the knowledge ventilated above.
    Search for "Grapefruit Juice and Some Oral Drugs: A Bitter Combination"
    Vu, Minh Chau . University of California, Los Angeles. It explains more about the working principles of psoralen and the CYP3A enzymes

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
    1. 4/5,
      Useful answer and reference ! Thank you
      Jul 28, 2010
  3. DXMBunny

DXMBunny Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Its actually been so well experienced that its become basically a fact that, kratom seems to have a hit and miss usually 50/50 maybe slightly different per individual or tolerance, for euphoria. Plus the scenario seems to play a huge role. The same drab place doesnt seem to bring about euphoria, comfort and well being, yes. but its like swims normal euphoria is amplified by kratom.

It's a hit and miss thing, try again with same strain, different strain, different area, different scenario, different route of ingestion, other changes....

1. 4/5,
      great ideas for the OP to try!
      Jul 28, 2010
  4. hardtokick

hardtokick Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Nes to the post here. I tried kratom, the pimpda bomb sunday trying to ease cravings. Im 5 days from using 180 mg oxy and 120 mg morphine sulfate for two years. It seems to help with cravings but no high. However, tried bali yesterday and got a good euphoric rush

hardtokick added 2 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

With using that many opiates a day.....im missing the buzz. Im trying everything with krqtom! Any suggeations???

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  5. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from ireland
    Hi Hardtokick, welcome to the site.

I suggest you avoid extracts and enhance kratom products, especially those sold in head shop or legal high sites. They are over priced and often not as good a regular kratom leaf/powder bought from a reputable vendor.
    Have a read of the guide to buying kratom at the top of the forum.
    If you find a good vendor you will often find that good plain kratom is just as good gram for gram as some of those extracts.

Guide to buying kratom - https://drugs-forum.com/threads/200101

Another reason to avoid those products is they are sold in ways and along side dangerous research chemicals that bring negative attention to kratom which can result in a change in its legal status.

6. baselined

baselined Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Get kratom from a source other than the headshop.

By that brand name I know what kind of kratom you are buying, and its garbage. You are also spending 2-3x the amount you should. Take a look at the Kratom Buying Guide, it has lots of useful tips for finding a proper vendor.

It sounds like you are new to kratom, so it probably wouldn't hurt to take a look around the Kratom sub-forum. There is tons of information to read here, including that of kratom addiction, which I suggest you look at too, considering your past abuses.

If you are serious about quitting, and I know its tough, but you can't go seeking the high from kratom, it will only leave you wanting more, which will turn into either a kratom addiction, or lead back to the heavy stuff. You should only dose as much as it takes to ease withdrawals, without getting any euphoria.

Good luck, welcome to DF :)