Dose - Dose for Visual Hallucinations

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Guest, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    if i take an 8th will it make me hallucinate well, like id be seeing cartoons and shit?

2. Ebeneezer

Ebeneezer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well if it's an 8th of dried shrooms, you'll be pretty amazingly tripped out, however if it's an 8th of fresh, the simple answer is, no. It took me 25g of fresh to have mild hallucinations, such as curtains melting, pictures sliding around walls and carpet patterns blending, but nothing entirely like the lizard scene from Fear and Loathing. To be honest, if it's 3.5g of fresh, nothing will happen.

3. roisianna

roisianna Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I had open and closed eye visuals from taking 30g/1 ozof fresh psilocybe cubensis shrooms, maybe it's tollerance or maybe my source just has high quality shrooms, i'm not sure! Talking of the lizard scene from Fear and Loathing, i've been to a bar on New Years Eve (bcos it was New Year Eve it was really busy, which made it alot worse!) while tripping on shrooms and although i didn't see people as lizards (lol) i did get absolutely paranoid freaked-out terror and tripped out sweating, leaned against a wall waiting from my friends to get back from the bar - i deffinately had the fear!- the one noise droning of the lizard scene where everything looked sleazy and everyone staring at me like i was insane. Plus,i couldn't feel my clothes so i thought i was topless aswel lol - social shrooms are soooo bad!

4. icemaster

icemaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    totally depends on the shrooms, I've had ones where 5 grams dry only gave me a buzz, and I've had ones where 1 gram dry put me into God country. On average though I'd say 2-3 grams should be plenty.

5. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    What kind of shrooms are you talking about?

6. icemaster

icemaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    psylocybin, I don't know which specific genus they were

7. chronichick

chronichick Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ok.. i'm sure this is quite stupid of me and there must be a reason behind it...

but if you get a better high off dried ones.. why not dry the fresh ones out?

as for how much to take... well i've done em a few times but the most i did was 2g's.. i got f**ked up beyond belief (mind you i did toke and drank a tad)but i didnt really SEE anything.. well actually i did see a giraffe, but only for a min.. the restof the time it was kinna like looking thru a colidascope excepti could see everything around me... ahh screw it its too hard to explain without goin into imense detail.... umm.. i'd say do like..3g's at least if ya wanna be right messed

8. icemaster

icemaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    drying them just eliminates the moisture (which they are about 90% composed of); you'll still need the same number of actual mushrooms.

9. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Fresh mushrooms are always more potent, but the quantity you have to eat is almost impracticle. 30-40 grams fresh, and 3-4 grams dry will give you a very nice ride. Wanna see God? eat 5-7 grams dry. Just be warned, you need a sitter for doses that high. Safety first!

10. ziggy

ziggy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    commenting on the socialshroomin i agree with roisianna. i experienced them during a sublime coverband show at a bar and it was freaky. but it was good everytime i experienced brief periods of clearity. so i highly recommend no social shrooming to have a better experience. but i am yet to hallucinate on an 1/8 of shrooms. next time i am goin for a 1/4.

11. Jester

Jester Newbie

Reputation Points:
    psylocybin is the genus. As for the species, if they're picked, hell if i know, but if they're grown i'd assume they're cubensis.

Half of 1/8 should be enough if the shrooms are good. About the lizard scene, that was a metaphor. Since LSD and mushrooms are not so much about the visuals as they are about your reaction and changed interpretation of everything, in fear and loathing they had to find a visual way to represent the extream paranoia and percieved threat and alienness of everyone. A common misunderstanding about acid and shrooms is that they're primarily visual, whereas I find the visuals are more of a side effect. With those drugs, if you took enough to actually see people as lizards or see large humanoids that weren't there, you'd probably be so mentally uncomfortable that you'd short out. On drugs like datura, however, the exact opposite holds true.

As for social use of hallucenagens,I tend to stear away from it (by social I mean around people who aren't also tripping, tripping with other people is great). Not only does the social triptend tofreak you out, it also detracts from the experience. I find that when I take acid in a situation when im worried about being found out, the effects are decreased because my brain tries to keep a conscious hold on myself. On the same dose if I'm alone or tripping with a friend, however, I can end up tripping balls.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2009
  12. freak

freak Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Just remember that everyones metabolism is very different.

This question is like asking how long is a piece of string. ?

Well it depends on the size of the ball.

This is all very individual & like I said on one of my other postings it depends on external stimuli at the time you take it & also depends heavily on your mental state of wellness.

If you are unsure about your limits & don't have a friend you really trust to be with you when you are experimenting just remember...less is more.

If you havent had enough you can always take more, but once you've had too much you cant go back.

Every person is different & you can't compare. With time you will get to know your body, it's limits and exactly how much of a substance you require to get you to that place you want to be at.

13. blah102

blah102 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Earlier this year i got a eigth of shrooms. But i fronted money and by the time i got the shrooms, my friend took some of them cuz he had to pay extra than what i gave him cuz he thought they were what i gave him. Anyways, i put the shrooms in a 3 musketeers bar. It took about 2 hours or so for me to start feelin the effects. I felt like i was a lil high. Then it felt like the high got more and more intense then my friends room seemed oranged all over. And i saw like transparent white circles on the black lines on his wall. And that was all i "hallucinated" a few hours after that, i went home. But as i was walkin home, and when i got home, i felt like everything was lookin at me. And i was laughin about it. Then i got online and my friend said he was comin over to smoke a j with me. And when i was waiting, i grabbed my backpack to do the rest of my homework. And as i was carryin the backpack, i felt like biting it, and i did for some reason. Then i pulled my math notebook out and bit that too for some reason. I didn't see it as food, just had a urge too. Then my friend got there. We smoked a j. then when we were smokin the roach in my pipe, just out of nowhere, i jumped up and started runnin around the house. And it was messed up.

Now, do u know why i wasn't "hallucinating" like i shoulda been? When i packed the shrooms in the choc. bar, i had a lil bit of shrooms left over cuz i couldn't pack no more in the bar, and the choc. bar was a king size bar. So i thought that would be plenty nough to "trip." So would anyone know why i didn't "trip" like i thought i would?

14. bride

bride Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am relatively new to the world of shrooms, but we came across two, separate 1/8th bags (both with the advice one bag was good for two people, but the other was good for one person) of dried shrooms.

From the "good for two" bag, I ingested a two small caps and stem and I had a very nice, very long visual trip.

In addition, I had done a few lines of coke beforehand, however I was already coming down from that, so it didn't hinder my trip at all. My s.o. had one big mushroom (full cap and stem) and a little half a stem and he had nice visuals and long trip as well.

He got a trip out of watching Kill Bill vol. 1 .. I however, thought that Uma Thurman in the first scene was the devil himself.

15. cubensiscity

cubensiscity Newbie

Reputation Points:
    OK. An eigth of shrooms for you and your buddy ain't enough to start tripping hard (hallucinate). I think each of you should have had an eigth for each person which is about a little more than 3.5 grams dried per person. To me with that amount of shrooms you ate, you only got a mild shroom trip. You felt a little stoned in the beginning of the trip right? Thats what happens when a less amount of shrooms are taken than a bigger dose that will make you see things and start hearing things. For your next trip, I suggest you and your friend consume 3.5 grams dried each. Then just stay in one place with some water and a pack of cigs. You should also have some chronic with you. I do this all the time when I shroom out and its an incredible experience everytime. Cubensis City

16. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    2.5 grams of dried cubensis should do the trick.

17. Insane Asian

Insane Asian Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    im not gonna read the other posts..

yes you will get real high off 1/8th of psylocybin shrooms smoke some weed if you want more intense halucinations

18. jarka

jarka Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from finland
    Not potent enough?

I have eaten shrooms twice now and they have been little bit weak for me. I ate a 'dose' last time which should be about 2,5 grams and I think the mushrooms were golden caps or Thai mushrooms or something, I'm not really sure. The visuals were nice but my mind stayed way too clear. Tho after smoking some soapbar hash I felt much better :D The first time I did shrooms I smoked buds and was feeling ok too, but I still think that mushrooms should be potent enough alone and should make me feel nice even without any thc.. Others who I was tripping with were feeling good and they even didn't smoke anything with me. Don't know, I'm a little dissapointed..

19. Caliform

Caliform Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I could be the way the mushrooms were dried. The active compounds decay quickly under several circumstances, so if your share of the mushrooms were in a 'bad climate', so to say, they could contain less psilocybin/psilocin. Otherwise, your body could simply be a bit more tolerant to the substance, or you could have eaten more? There are a lot of factors involved.

20. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    Try a higher dose, like 3.5 grams (eighth). That'll probably give you more of
    what you're looking for... 2.5 grams isn't really a whole lot of cubensis.