dose to waight?

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by adzket, Aug 19, 2005.

1. adzket

adzket R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    hi there i am just wondering how you guys work out how much of a chemical to give depending on a persons waight. i would asume the biger the person the more they have. i am aprox 80kg and my partner 70kg not shure in lbs so what would we be looking at is there a way to work it out for other people say friends?

2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    a persons weight has very little to do with the dosage of rc's. (unless the person is much small than avaerage.) stick to the known and recomended doses for anybody. each person should start their first experience at the bottom of the recomended dosage range to make sure they don't have any bad reaction to said chemical.

Edited by: pinkavvy

3. adzket

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    great thanks just thought i would check as i have read lots of reports where people mention how much they waigh ect...

4. JewishNazi

JewishNazi Gold Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would say that weight, height and wotnot do play a part but it would
    be negligable. Why else would they dose animals with x mg/kg to find
    the correct dose?

5. adzket

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    thats what i thought but sean as it does not aparently play that big a thing init i will not worry and just give the same small dose regardless of size and shape

6. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Psychedelics are interesting in that way.

The way you react has more to do with your neurology and psychology than with your body weight.

I know 1 skinny kid who requires more than the average person for any psychedelic.

7. Cure20

Cure20 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from Canada

There is a flip side to that coin because I know a rather large fellow that only needs half the dose and get fucked up. And generally when the people around him are taking more to boost their high he is fine and never takes anymore.

8. Sick Jack

Sick Jack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Nice to know !

And what about Ecstasy ? I ever heard that we shouldn't never take more than 1mg/1kg, so for this compound it seems that weigh has its importance.

9. cactus

cactus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    MDMA ld50:

mice 97mg/1kg

rats 47mg/1kg

guinea pigs 98mg/1kg

from the merck index

10. Ctraltdel

Ctraltdel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm working for a Dutch organization and we are informing people about how to use drugs. Besides this we have official testcentres were you can test your drugs.

With E we are advising 1-2 mg/kg. And if a person is using it for the first time we advise to use 1-1,5 mg/kg (but we don't lower the minimum because if the dose is not high enough it can give an unpleasant experience).

At the University of Amsterdam we are doing some research on E and the ratio is an educated guess at this point of time to reduce the bad side effects and to have a good high. In a fwe years we hope to have more information about the relationship between dose/frequency of use and health risks.Edited by: ctraltdel

11. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    ^i believe this work has already been carried out / completed with great success. the MDMA optimal ratio is 2mg/kg.