Dosing strategies for multiple pills?

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by opiumjade7, Nov 19, 2004.

1. opiumjade7

opiumjade7 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    As a person who prescribes to the belief "well, as long as I still have
    some, I might as well eat it/sniff it/drink it" (it's a wonder I'm not obese/
    dead), I usually take all my pills in one night. This is almost always 3 pills,
    spread througout the night something like this: T - 1st pill; T+3hrs 2nd
    pill; T+5hrs 3rd pill. The problem is, I feel very little of the nice effect of
    the third pill, and it drags out undesirable side effects longer (e.g
    paranoia).

Does anyone have some good, practiced strategies for dosing? Like,
    splitting the pills in halves, or timing it a certain way?

much obliged!

2. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    A number of options available to you on this one...

a) buy fewer pills and 'chip' them through the night;

b) don't take the third pill, and save it for a rainy day;

c) don't take the third pill and give it to someone else as an act of random kindness;

d) double drop pills 2 and 3 - not recommended, for safety's sake, but can be an interesting experience. Be careful!;

e) save the third pill til you get home, crush, and snort with a friend or three;

f) T - with a condom or latex glove, stick first pill up your ass(I kid you not - it works!). Do this at home! T+2 - drop second pill. T+4/5 - share third with a friend.

g) take a break from pills for a while(4-6 weeks) and see what happens when you come back to them!

There does come a point in the night when taking more pills becomes both pointless and a habit. Spacing them out is definitely sensible, and knowing your limits helps. Sticking to them, as I know from sorry experience, is a different matter...

3. opiumjade7

opiumjade7 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hehehe! don't i know it about those limits. I make it a point to take
    periodic breaks from regular pill poppin' (though sometimes they get
    "interrupted") in order to avoid the label "addict".

Thanks for the helpful advice, though I will never go the "rectal route" - I
    heard it's very harmful to the body (like taking three pills isn't
    [​IMG])...plus, I'm a chick - a$$holes are gross! [​IMG] I'll give one of the
    other methods a try.

4. betty_bupe

betty_bupe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    MickleMouse,

You've done X anally? Please post more information- did it
    sting? Is it the same buzz? I'm interested, cuz sometimes E
    makes me yag, especially if it's dirty...

and yes, opiumjade7, assholes are a bit, er, yucky...But the only way
    to reach a guy's G-spot is through the sphincter....Naughty, huh?

heehee,

Betty_Bupe[​IMG]

5. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    ...but nice. Allegedly. A word of warning - girls, please don't go fingering your boyfriends sphincter without prior warning or consent. He may not respond too kindly.

Topic...It does sting a bit, but that wears off relatively quickly. The worst part is the contortions you go through actually getting the bloody thing up there in the first place- not dignified, and a real test of how seriously you take yourself, but ultimately worth it! Ime a slower roll, and possibly a bit more spacey and fluffy - it can creep up on you, unless you're using it. The bodyrushes, ime, are something else again however!

Swim's been lucky - never puked on mdma yet, so I don't know if this route would make any difference to that. Possibly, as you're not absorbing through the gut as such, but have a bottom-up (sorry!)come up which seems to be more through the spinal cord. Probably not good for you, but then what is? I'd completely forgotten about this route - might be time to dig out the latex and lube...

6. DiggerDan

DiggerDan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    First a little background. I have been using ecstasy for over 5 years. Longest break was 3 years ago and lasted about 3-4 months. I use on a very irregular basis. For a few months it might be every 2-3 weeks and then every 5-6 weeks for a few months. My tolerance is moderate to moderately-high.

I will drop 2 pillsafter fasting for approximately 8 hours. About 1-2 hours in to the peak I will drop another 1-2 pills depending on vibe and strength of pills. This regiment works great for me cause I am after that flooring/peaking feeling.

7. swwells

swwells Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I usually drop 1 pill and once that kicks in pop another and then if I
    want a more tripped out experience I will pop another half hour to an
    hour later. It doesn't drag the roll out as long as spacing them
    out but I get some great visuals that way.

E in the ass? Thats nuts!

8. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Concerning dosing anally, chemicals are absorbed into the blood stream, not the spinal column.</font>

9. DiggerDan

DiggerDan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Actually the bioavailability of pharmaceuticals rectally is quite remarkable.

Some drugs, for example aspirin and compazine, can be given rectally if orally administration is not possible. Read...

Medication in the form of suppositories for local and systemic effect offers some advantages in certain clinical situations. Aspirin is often used in capsules given rectally for relief of pain or fever. For this purpose, aspirin in a gelatin capsule is punctured with a pin, dipped in water and inserted. This route is sometimes preferred in patients with high fever in whom oral aspirin is either difficult to administer or is contraindicated due to vomiting. This study describes the bioavailability of aspirin after rectal administration as compared to the same dose given orally, in volunteers and in patients with fever.

(A) Volunteer Study: The study was carried out in 5 healthy male volunteers, with an age range between 22 and 44 years. They were examined clinically and routine biochemical and hematological tests were carried out. Informed consent was obtained. Each volunteer received two preparations: a single dose of 2 tablets of 300 mg aspirin orally and 2 suppositories each containing 300 mg of aspirin in a randomized fashion with a washout period of 7 days in between the two administration. After bowel evacuation in the morning, suppositories were inserted rectally by the house officer.
    Blood was collected in heparinized tubes at 0, 15, 30, 45 minutes and 1, 2, 4, 6 and 8 hours. Plasma was immediately separated and stored at -4°C, till analysed. Light breakfast was given 1 hour after oral administration of aspirin. Volunteers who received suppositories were kept in supine position for 2 hours. Each volunteer was asked about expulsion of the suppository and any irritation in the anorectal region. Molded suppositories were prepared in 2 types of bases viz. cocoa, butter and suppositrin (variety of witepsol base) by fusion process.
    (B) Studies in patients with fever: Seven patients with fever due to upper respiratory tract infections with temperature ranging from 101°F to 104°F and without other complications were taken up for this study.
    Patients remained recumbent till the study was completed. No other antipyretic was used during the 4 hour period. Study in fever patients was carried out with rectal administration of 2 suppositories in suppositrin base (300 mg each). At the end of the study, irritation or burning sensation in the anorectal region and expulsion of suppository was not reported by any of these patients.
    Blood samples were collected at 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4 hours. Blood pressure, pulse and temperature were recorded at half-hour intervals.
    Plasma salicylate levels were estimated spectrophotometrically by Trinder's method. Recovery by this method was 98-100%. The area under plasma concentration versus time (AUC) was determined by trapezoidal rule in volunteers.

Volunteer Study:[Fig. 1], shows the results of plasma salicylate levels after oral and rectal administration of 600 mg aspirin. After oral administration, plasma salicylate levels were detectable at 15 minutes. T max was at 2 hours followed by a gradual fall upto 8 hours. As compared to this, with cocoa butter suppositories, salicylate levels were not detectable in plasma. With the use of suppositrin suppositories, detectable plasma salicylate levels were obtained at 45 minutes and T max at 4 hours. The AUC for oral aspirin was significantly higher than that of suppository in suppositrin base (p &lt; 0.001).
    Patient Study: In patients with fever, plasma salicylate levels with aspirin suppositories were higher as compared to those in volunteers. Detectable levels of salicylates were observed at 1 hour. C max was obtained in 3 hours. Antipyretic effect was observed at 1 hour in 1 patient, between 2-2V2 hours in 3 patients and at 3 hours in 2 patients. In 1 patient, maximum fall in temperature occurred at 4 hours. Frequent blood collection was not possible in patients with fever, hence blood collections were done only upto 4 hours and AUC was not calculated.
    After oral administration of 600 mg aspirin, the maximum mean plasma salicylate concentration C max was 40.5 mg/L at 2 hours. Considering this value as 100 %, C max for suppositories (suppositrin base) in volunteers was 22,6 mg/L (55.8%) at 4 hours. In fever patients, C RAUI was 30 mg/L (74%) and T max was 3 hours.

Rectum represents a body cavity in which drugs can be easily introduced and retained. It has been preferred especially in cases where nausea or vomiting is present and in elderly people.
    Boer et al have studied the clinical pharmacokinetic aspects of rectal drug administration and the role of physiological factors in rectal absorption of drugs. Thus, pH and fluid content of the rectum may influence the dissolution of the drug. Smaller surface of the rectum as compared to the upper G.I. tract may give rise to less absorption.
    In the first part of the study, there was delayed absorption of salicylate after rectal administration as compared to oral administration. This may be because of physiological factors mentioned earlier as well as the nature of suppository base. Cacchilo and Hasler and Parrot reported that water soluble sodium salicylate is more readily released from the suppository base than water insoluble aspirin. Plasma salicylate levels reached after oral administration were comparable with those reported by of Cacchilo and Hasler and Samelius. Earlier studies on rectal absorption of aspirin indicated that rectal absorption is slower as compared to orally administered aspirin. Coldwell et al and Gibaldi and Grandhofer showed that rectal absorption in various commercially available preparations varied from 20%-40%. Cacchilo and Hasler demonstrated that absorption of aspirin from cocoa butter base was 65.5% and from carbowax base 94.1%, oral absorption levels being taken as 100%; they concluded that suppositories of water soluble bases give levels equivalent to oral administration. However, in the present study, absorption from cocoa butter suppositories was negligible upto 6 hours and from suppositrin base, it was 55.8% in volunteers and 74% in febrile patients.
    The absorption of aspirin from suppositrin base in fever patients was more as compared to volunteers and C max reached earlier. This may be attributed to the hyperaemia and submucosal vasodilation.

10. zuzu99

zuzu99 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    although i have not have any mdma in over a year, i never got any desirable effects from the third pill. usually one booster was enough for me. usually second dose at t+1.5-2hr did the trick to make it a 6-7 hour roll.

11. anjin

anjin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from cote_divoire
    ^^ i feel the same.
    One booster at the 2 hr mark and i'm done. A third dose only keeps me awake but it won't keep me rolling longer.

Thats when its time to take some G.. [​IMG]

12. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Pretty much agree with everyone else here.. ALthough I'd go with
    Micklemouse's tactic of double dropping the 2nd and the 3rd. (Or
    almost). Have number 3 ten minutes after number 2. The
    effects of MDMA are not linear, remember[​IMG]

13. whatwhybecause

whatwhybecause Newbie

Reputation Points:
    theres loads of stuff going around anal dosing but its not for me.

pretty much agree with everybody else tho. last weekend i took five in total and im thinking it probably didnt do me all that gud seeing as i dont think i eva properly came down and i still havent, altho obviously am walking the streets like some pilled up jack in a box.

anywho, chippin works well if u aint taken any for a while, usually t = half, t + 1 whole, t +3 half, but depends on how long ago u last took it.

14. Maxamillion

Maxamillion Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    If I have 3 pills then my routine is- take 1 wait 2 hrs.- drink during this time....Take another pill....have one (1) drink...then take the other. The 2nd and 3rd pill are spaced out approx. 12 min. apart. This is always how it happens w/ me. I always have tested pills from a reliable source, so I normally have a positive experience.

15. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'd suffer serious memory loss if I took that approach and drank for
    the 2 hours after taking the 1st one (unless you mean drink water[​IMG])

16. whatwhybecause

whatwhybecause Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i like the 3 pill idea, think its similiar to one that somebody has suggested on another drugs forum, but without the drink.

we won't even go there...

17. opiumjade7

opiumjade7 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for all the great tips, all! [​IMG] I'm currently on drug hiatus, so
    maybe I'll try the "just take two" strategy next time around...or perhaps
    closely drop numbers 2 & 3, since that seems to be popular.

Alcohol during rolls? I've only done that once ...it was my first time, and I
    was already tipsy, which is usually the case with my trying new drugs (ah,
    alcohol). I suffered from total memory loss past a certain point, tho I
    vaguely recall being convinced to grab some random guy's ass. I've never
    mixed the two since, also because of the dehydration issue...

18. Maxamillion

Maxamillion Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Taking one pill during the night compared to multi-dosing....isa huge difference. So if you are new to this I recomend starting off slow to know your limits. When I am heavily dosed I tend to melt into a couch and just feel good...but I ignore my own advice sometimes an over do it sometimes....example- I want to hang out w/ friends and socialize so Itake my pills too quick....this has me feeling great, but caught up in my good feelings and not getting my heart to hearts accomplished...I just sit and smile and my eyes swim around my head.[​IMG] It is good to take breaks ever once in awhile......makes it that much sweeter later on. Enjoy.

19. whatwhybecause

whatwhybecause Newbie

Reputation Points:
    well this weekend just gone i thort it best to calm it down after the last disaster of the weekend before. only had two all time was out and it was brilliant - was like experiencing the 'first time' all over again. should try it more often.

had anutha wen got back to mates and that finished the night/morning gud and propa - moderation is the key!!

20. icemaster

icemaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I take 1.5 to start, then another half once I'm up (an hour to an hour and a half later) then the last pill a couple hours after that.