Opinions - Double Standards: Cocaine and Alcohol

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by CABS205, Jan 27, 2005.

1. CABS205

CABS205 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Okay, I said I was worried about a friend before...BUT, something came up and just needed someone's advice....I was worried about my friend, so I ended up telling one of the managers that he had a coke problem...and he ended up saying "Yeah, we know he has a coke and alcohol problem." He told me he would talk to the owner about his problem....NEVER did....

One day I was outside my place of work, I just ate there and was drunk. The owners wife saw me and told on me because I was underage at the time.

My question is that, aren't they ignoring a problem....That I was drunk ONCE....and I was a week away from turning 21....and they just ignored my friends coke/alcohol problem....Should I be pissed off about this????

Any opinion helps....Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2007
  2. The Boss

The Boss Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well, the problem is you were at your workplace drunk.. Thats never a smart thing to do and regardless that they didnt talk to the owner, even though i dont see how you could know he didnt speak with the owner, you were in the wrong so personally i would just chalk it up as a fuckup. You should know thats how the world works no one cares about anyones problems untill you have the problem then you just in all kinds of shit and one could get mad over this but whats the point? As long as you have your job you should be thankfull. Also, why tell the workplace he has problems? You should have talked to him about it or his family members, someone who could actually help him instead of fire him and make him resort or alternative illegal methods of aquiring the money it takes to support his habits.

3. CABS205

CABS205 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It's because he's been bugging everyone for money including the owner...He owes everyone tons of money...And he's high and drunk while on his shifts....I wasn't working at the time.....When I was drunk....

4. The Boss

The Boss Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Unfortunatly that doesnt matter, your intoxicated at your place of work, thats bad for buisness to see a worker drunk at his job regardless of weather or not hes working. I would consult his family if i were you or, if possible shut his connect off by any means nescessary except get his dealer busted cause if someone got me busted id either kill them of have them killed so.. But regarless of that id inform his family where he can actually get real help, only think the work will do is fire and and like i said make him find other methods of supporting his habits. In the end, the descision is yours all i can do is offer advise.

5. CABS205

CABS205 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah, I see where you're coming from...I do work in the back and I was in front of my place of work after hours...so I do get it...but, she just assumed that I was drunk....Which is bs...but, whatever...Well, that's the problem, his dealers are my friends and my coworkers...so that sucks...I'm just in a jam and can't seem to get out of it...

6. Zach Swan

Zach Swan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from colombia
    Someone eloquently said "snitches end up in ditches".

There has got to be a better way to deal with your concerns than ratting some dude out to management. Plus, if they chose to ignore something, that's their perogative -- that's why they're called "managers." Why would you do that? At first it sounded like you had genuine concern for your friend, then when you ragged about him hassling people for money, it left the definite impression that you had a grudge. That bites.

>> Should I be pissed off about this????

No. You should be thrilled you got a pass for what you did, and you should leave your "friend" alone, or try to help him in a less destructive way.

7. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Were you driving at the time or did you bring your vehicle? Were you in a work uniform? Were you disrupting or interacting with customers in any way? There are many other details that could have effected the situation...

8. CABS205

CABS205 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    He is my friend....but, when you're addicted to something and you need help...You have to say something. He owes people money and he ends up hurting people...And if I was a friend to him, he wouldn't bug me for money ALL the time....

No, I wasn't driving and no I wasn't in my work uniform. No, I was outside during after hours. My friends and I were just minding our own business.

9. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    Zach, when a friend becomes a junkie he is no
    longer a friend, but a mooch with hungry habit., and
    being a "friend" is not a status that makes one
    immune to accountability. If his habit affects the
    performance of the people who work around him,
    then they have an obligation to report it.

The whole Idea around "responsible drug use" is to
    USE RESPONSiBLY, not to use with wreckless
    abandon.

In my book if anyone should use like an ass, then
    they are subject to being treated like one.Edited by: woodman