Opinions - Dpt - friend or foe ?

Discussion in 'Tryptamines' started by psyko_tripper, Aug 5, 2004.

1. psyko_tripper

psyko_tripper Newbie

Reputation Points:
    High therefella's

has somebody tried this rc? (DPT) I'm really interested

How did it treat you... any tips, hints on using..

Interested in some trip reports

Thx!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2010
  2. wizard warior

wizard warior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Facts about DPT

June 13, 2004

Full name: Dipropyltryptamine

Uses: DPT has been used in psychotherapy for alcoholics and cancer patients, according to information provided a chemical supplier

A New York religious group, the Temple of the True Inner Light, uses DPT as its sacrament, considered the actual manifestation of God, according to the Council on Spiritual Practices.

Tarek Sammakia, a chemistry professor at the University of Colorado, said DPT is similar to DMT (N,N-dimethyltryptamine), which could be used to manufacture types of migraine medicine. He said it also could be used to create anti-depressant or anti-psychotic medicines, but "there is no legitimate reason a layperson would buy this compound" other than to get high.

How'd we get it? The Daily Camera bought 100 milligrams of DPT online for $20. It was delivered the next day.

The Web site's disclaimer asked customers to use the product only for chemical/analytical use, in-vitro testing or tests on laboratory animals. However, drug-user Web sites referred and linked to the company's site.

What does it do? Online trip logs say the drug kicked in after about 10 minutes and lasted several hours. Doses started at 10 milligrams.

The Vaults of Erowid Web site, which gives information on drugs and documents users' experiences, "strongly" warns people about DPT, saying it "is not for everybody, and certainly not for those just looking for a recreational good time."

From trip logs:

"Compare to DMT or 5-MeO-DMT (5-Methoxy-N,N-Dimethyltryptamine): Those short 10-minute trips are like psychedelic sledgehammers, whereas DPT is more like being put through a slow humming paper shredder, or like being a salt crystal dissolving in water."

Other users reported hallucinations and heightened senses. One user said an invisible creature he called a "shadow person" massaged his scalp.

One user said his body went into forceful convulsions: "I was pretty scared by this, and couldn't escape the feeling that I may have put myself in danger of serious physical harm. My breathing became rapid and shallow, my head was whipping back and forth from side to side, and I held on for dear life, hoping that it would pass quickly."

— Compiled by Camera Staff Writer Aimee Heckel

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2010
  3. Bodhisattva500

Bodhisattva500 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Dpt is described by most as being very intense. I was personally disapointed by the intensity. I snorted 50 milligrams and it kicked in about twenty minutes. It feltjust like any other hallucinogen but ontly lasted about two hours. I think it is way more intense when smoked but you have to chemically alter it. Their isa church that uses it as a sacrament. The church of the inner light i think it is

4. ryubrir

ryubrir Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i mixed it with bacteriostatic water and shot it i.m. ,

and I really hallucinated hard! I could barely see anything in front of me, since everything was distorting so greatly. Probably one of the most stunning visual experiences I have ever had. BUT... that was the only such experience that I ever had with DPT, otherwise I waw somewhat let down, by not being able to recreate the experience.

5. fletch

fletch Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    im trying this stuff soon, im hoping it is intense but i am also very nervous since it is a RC, i have had no previous experiences with Research Chemicals but from what i have read a sitter is a definate must until you are used to the nature of the drug.

6. Bodhisattva500

Bodhisattva500 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Fletch

If you are snorting it do at least 100 mgs. I snorted 50 and it was kinda weak

7. fletch

fletch Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    fuck are you serious, on erowid its suggested to start with 25 mgs, im gettin like 1000mgs so ill have plenty to experiment with. i was plannin on startin out at 50mgs. your most likly more familiar with psychadelic drugs than i am, ive only ever done mushies, so this type of high will be very diferent for me.

ALSO, ive orederd this shit online anyone else do this, is it safe to trust. im sure it is since it is a legal chemical, but i dunno. i dont know why im just so fucking sketchy about this shit, its just a drug that hasnt been done that much, some say its nothing and others say its the greatest, and others say its the most terrifying. ahh i cant wait for my package.

8. windtraveler

windtraveler Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I would suggest starting with 50 mg and then working your way up. Better than safe than sorry, especially with rc's. I did 100 mg and it kicked my butt [​IMG]

9. dmax

dmax Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I like to do this in combination with something calming... THC or opium
    if possible. Otherwise, try nitrous on top of it. Watch out
    for body load. I tend to get flattened to the ground. One
    good thing about this is that the trip is only about 2 hours, so if
    you're pressed for time you can use it. Don't think you can fall
    asleep right afterwards, though.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    DPT is only for the brave. It will seriously kick your ass if you don't
    respect it. I think 50mg snorted is the highest dose anyone should
    start with, even experienced trippers, to get a feel for what you're in
    for in terms of body load and intensity. And I agree that having
    something calming like an opiate is a good idea. Something about DPT
    just seems to kick in the "fear" instinct unlike any other trip.

The visuals are freaking AMAZING though. Best CEVs I've had besides acid.