Combinations - Drank!

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Bajeda, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Has anyone here made "Drank" before?

Its pretty ghetto. There is no specific recipe for making drank, its more of a way of drinking. I believe purple drank is the original, and according to urban dictionary, wikipedia, and several other sites, it is distinguishable as codeine cough syrup is put into it. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_drank)

I don't put cough syrup in his drank but he does like to get pretty mess up off of it. You know you have made a good drank when you start drinking it and can't taste even a hint of alcohol but after finishing 5 glasses are falling to the floor.

Its best to mix drank in a cooler with a dispenser nozzle near the bottom so it can be easily prepared and dispersed.

Basically, My friends and I have somewhat of a technique they use while making drank. They choose the colour first, and then go get the supplies.

Several factors are constant, and some are slightly variable, here is a general guide:

1 Bottle Bacardi 151
    4 -5 Cans Monster Energy Drink
    1 Bottle "99 (Apples, Oranges, Bannanas, Blackberries)" *Depends on what colour the drank is*
    1 Bottle of Juice (Depends on what colour the drank is)

*Optional*
    Several bottles of Codeine cough syrup
    Jones Soda (Whatever flavour goes with colour)
    Whatever the hell you want!

So basically this is a general guide showing what worked well for My friends and I. The items listed first are the ones that go into every drank made, and each time My friends and I just throw in whatever they feel is good, so every time is unique. Swim can't remember an unenjoyable drank experience, even when he got way too tanked. Its better than simple jungle juice and is great for small gatherings of friends.

Try it out! And if you find any good drank mixtures of your own please feel free to post them here. I am always willing to try out new stuff!

2. adzket

adzket R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    quote: You know you have made a good drank when you start drinking it and can't taste even a hint of alcohol but after finishing 5 glasses are falling to the floor.

this sounds like any alco-pop sold in the uk. for those that don't know an alco-pop is an alcoholic drink which tastes like any soda pop without alcohol. so you can drink them quickly there also very sweet and get you very pissed very quickly the binge drink problem in the uk is largly to drinks like this.

3. kld1

kld1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    whoever told you this lied to you

4. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    SWIF lovves the alco-pops :D

5. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ... I like the recipes listed, but it aint drank unless you got that lean, codeine with promethazine (ye jesusfreak666er is notorious rapper y'all know)

I has never been a fan of drinking syrup mixes (pills are so much simpler) but

I like

4oz codeine prometh mix
    4oz hard alc
    hand full of j ranchers
    dxm if ya got it
    pills for added plus

again I am not a syrup sipper but if your gonna call it drank, it gotta have that cherry stank...

6. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Whoever told me what exactly?

Swim made this himself on multiple occaisions and is a good friend of Bajeda's who would never lie! Please let me know what you think swim lied about.

I agree that true drank has the cough syrup in it but after trying this on a couple of occaisions and getting a bit too sick and delirious for comfort's sake he decided to start making "virgin drank" :p And that worked much better for just getting crunk. I didn't know what else to call the mixture and "virgin drank" doesn't sound very cool so he kept the original name.

7. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I am sure that ur drank tastes good, there is a all alcohol drink out there wit a sizzurp name... hmm i think its someone from the rap group diplomats and believe it is called sizzurp. i think its the same basic mix as wat u guys are talkin about idk though

8. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    what I would like to know is how its possible to hold any of this down after its consumed. I was never able to handle syrup with alcohol, it led him to puke profusely. in the dxm faq he read that combining dxm with alcohol can lead to the same thing. so, does everyone puke off this or should I just stay away from a method that doesnt work for him?

9. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    DXM with a little alcohol isn't bad, but its easy to over do it. I had a nasty experience earlier in the year where he tripped off of 400mg of DXM and then drank a large quantity of alcohol about 6-7 hours later after he was done tripping and it brought the ENTIRE trip back and then some. Needless to say, I was carried home by friends that night.

I would never put DXM cough syrup in drank. Codeine cough syrup is the only way to do it really. The colour of the original drank is supposedly purple, so I amn't sure what cough syrup that would be as most of the codeine cough syrups he has seen have been more of a reddish colour. Still, swim imagines this would mess you up and there wouldn't be too much of a nausea problem but it still isn't very healthy.

I had friends who tried the codeine drank before (using the same method as listed in the original post) and didn't have trouble with it, so unless You has a fragile stomach he should be able to handle it, though just to reiterate swim himself personally thinks that drank is best used for getting drunk. While codeine is something to be done another time on its own or mixed with weed.

10. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    yeah, I dont enjoy mixing opiates and alcohol much, so he thinks if he had to make drank, it'd just be sprite and syrup...the dxm+alcohol thing has triggered a re-experiencing of the trip for swim too, weird. thanks for the response though!

11. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    We have alco-pops in most of Europe(Bacardi Breezer, Smirnof Ice and so on)which cause big alcohol problems under youths as they just taste like usual soft drinks but contain alcohol.
    You don't get pissed of them quick as the contain around 5% alcohol, the same as most beer/lager/stout/cider.

P.S. the word drank in Dutch means the sames as boose in English.
    P.S. P.S. Mixing CNS depressants is very dangerous, both opiates and alcohol are CNS depressants.Just watch out.

12. kld1

kld1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    In the dirty South, and what you may have heard called drank in a rap video, is promethazine syrup with codeine mixed in with some sort of soda of choice, ie. Mountain Dew, Shasta...etc. Jolly Ranchers are sometimes added for extra candy flavor. 2oz - one cup, 4oz - 1 liter, 8oz - 2 liter. No alcohol is added.

13. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    Codeine mixed with Promethazine is 'drank'. It is also called: lean, syrup, liquid bar, or purple stuff. It gained a lot of popularity with the emergence of several Houston area rappers.

The most notable user of 'drank' is the now deceased DJ Screw, who had a massive heart attack from drinking too much drank.

Drank in no way contains alcohol. Usually, the syrup is sold by the ounce, pint, or, in rare cases, gallon. There are a few different colors of drank that are sold. I have tried a few and likes orange the best. Purple is a close second.

When Jolly Ranchers are added the drink is known as 'Ghetto Juice'. I like ghetto juice.