Dreadful Hangover

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by acolon_5, Oct 11, 2005.

1. acolon_5

acolon_5 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Maryland, U.S.A.
    SWIM and his G/F really enjoy rolling but they are having problems becausethey have many responsibilities and they have a horrible hangover the next day or two. I have read some posts where people sugest to take a 2C-* an hour or two after....I worry this may be ok for the crash but the next day will be hell. Also I have read about taking 5-htp which SWIM just received in the mail....He will be trying that next weekend to see if it helps......

Has anyone tried the 5-HTP to ease the comedown or the next day hangover? Does anyone have any other idea's besides the MJ (Which SWIM always has to have onhand with RC's or X)???????? Do the RC's help with the next day hangover's? Edited by: acolon_5

2. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hmmm, I dont get hangovers or a crash from MDMA, but some people do.

I certainly dont get hangovers or a crash from (what little) RC's I have done, and they are pretty rare.

I cant see how taking an Research Chemical would help (other than the fact you might
    have SUCH a good time that you just completely ignore the "feeling a
    bit rough" thang).

If you're having a really horrible hangover:

a) Cut back (How much are you doing?)

b) Don't do it as often

c) Uber amount of anti-oxidants (think Alpha Lipoic Acid) before and after.

d) Eat loads of fruit and do loads of excercise and give up smoking.

e) Lots of 5-htp afterwards. Well, 100-150mg a day.

d) is life advice, really. So just do it. [​IMG]

3. armatitumor

armatitumor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    5-HTP does work well for SWIM for the day after rolling. 2C-x wouldn't help. My advice, sleep in the next morning!

4. acolon_5

acolon_5 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Maryland, U.S.A.
    SWIM's not doing but 1 or 2 and he doesn't do it but once a month....and I could give a shit about the crash its the two days w/o energy and feeling like a big pile of Cow_S. I dunno maybe its too much excercise while rolling.

5. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Make sure you dont have anything to do.

Make sure you have > 7 hours sleep.

Buy Aircon.

Put Aircon on all day.

Wrap up in numerous Duvets / Pillows with the missus.

Cook Pasta.

6. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda

Many people stop taking MDMA because of the after effects, which seem to get worse the more you take it. Maybe you need to find an alternative activity![​IMG]

7. xpr´k

xpr´k Newbie

Reputation Points:
    to put it blunt : stop acting like a sissy and just get on with life.

This is in no way ment as a flame but alot of how a hangover affects you the next day is in your own head. Dont try and sit it out but try and force yourself to do stuff. That in combination with plenty of antioxidants and some 5HTP should do the trick.

My personal guidelines are :

-No more then 2 pillz a night.

-Buy quality pillz

-Respect all the guidelines concerning water intake , antioxidant dosing , no mixing , 5HTP postloading

-4 to 6 weeks between rolls

-Dont party all night , start early enough and get some proper sleep . I try to be in bed by 05.00h and usually sleep till 11.00 or 12.00

-Eat when you get up, 2 slices of bread with something on it, some fresh fruit, yogurth . Cut it all up in bitesize bits and start shoving , take your time for it and flush it down with milk orso.

-Dont crash on the sofa but start doing some work or hang out with some friends who didnt use the night before so you dont start dragging each other down with 'who's got the worst hangover'-tales.

-Dont blame your blueness on the pillz but on the fact you stayed up all night and were very active, try having a similar night but sober, same hours same activity , i'll bet you a free pill you'll feel almost as worn out the next day.

8. acolon_5

acolon_5 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Maryland, U.S.A.
    Your probably right about the activity. Not whining and I didn't take it as a flame...just looking for idea's on how to limit the yuck. I got a lot of good idea's from everyone. I have tried it with the 5-htp and it really does help, along with making sure that there is enough food and water intake before and during. I appreciate all the ideas from everyone and will keep them in mind. I have also really cut back on his e useage. he is a little happier this way...AGAIN thanks to everyone who responded.

9. shneddi

shneddi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    try and not worry about it , think about a comedown as a normal day.

like what xpr'k said....

mind you if E does have bad side effects dont take it , simple as that , it aint for everyone...

10. quinone

quinone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Green Tea

Sorry for dredges this thread back up, but no one mentioned green tea in their anti-comedown regiment. As numerous ppl stated in this thread you want to load up on anti-oxidants ... green tea is VERY good for this, so have a cup of it in the morning, it might even help you just relax in general having a hot cup of tea. Also, if your not into drinking tea, you can buy L-Theanine, which is the 'active' ingridient in green tea (not Threanine the amino acid Theanine, two very different molecules).