Health - Dreams When Drunk?

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by easyasthat, Jan 24, 2006.

1. easyasthat

easyasthat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    whenever i come home really drunk and go to sleep while STILL drunk,
    i ALWAYS get really, EXTREME bad dreams (NIGHTMARES) that seem really real and i wake up sweating/hungover...=\
    does this happen to anyone else?

2. easyasthat

easyasthat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    dreams while drunk?

whenever i come home really drunk and go to sleep while STILL drunk,
    i ALWAYS get really, EXTREME bad dreams (NIGHTMARES) that seem really real and i wake up sweating/hungover...=\
    does this happen to anyone else?

3. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    This doesn't happen to swim but he always seems to get either scary dreams or lucid dreams when he is on xanax. When he is drunk he cant seem to remember his dreams or when he went to sleep. He just wakes up and drinks another beer ;) (just kidding)

4. carousel

carousel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i have nightmares when drunk but i dont usually wake up in the middle of the night though.

5. pumped3.16

pumped3.16 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    now that you say it ,i dont think i ever had a dream after drink.

6. StigmataLectron

StigmataLectron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I tried to dream the first time he was on DXM just to see what it was like, but realised that it's fucking impossible.

7. bonghed

bonghed Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    Well i always dream when really drubk (like now, ha sorry i hate the feelin but much better than noting for me)
    But no mate no nightmres triggered by alcohol, try and find someone that knows not thinks the answer 2 your q, that person may not exist though, just ride with it and think bout ur nightmare what they might/could mean to yOU.

8. Screech

Screech Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i have never once in my life dreamt after drinking, dont know what it is, but its never happened.

9. Mr. J

Mr. J Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    My memory is replaced with an empty disk and I don't remember nothing the next morning (after heavy drinking)..

10. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I get lucid dreams every time i go to sleep drunk. But i only remember them for a few seconds upon waking, then i cant for the life of me remember what it was i was dreaming about.

You always dream, whether or not you remember is a different story.

You cant recall memories from when you were drunk when your sober, because when you coded and stored the memory you were in a different state of mind than when recalling it which makes it almost impossible. (State dependent learning)

11. Brie

Brie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    i also have lucid dreams when i go to sleep drunk, but i usually remember it when i wake up.....the dreams al also alot "heavier" not bad but its alot different because of the alcohol of course but they are good dream

and most of the time i can remember them.....they are alot weirder but i remember most of it.....

12. desolated000

desolated000 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I got really drunk once, I dont remember it, but my freinds said I got hornier than a cat in heat, and in my sleep I was moaning and saying things like "can she join" and the like..

13. Sickman

Sickman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Hmm, I never, ever have dreams when drunk. Or rather, I never remember them, because we all dream constantly.

14. Brie

Brie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    you probably dont remember them because you are deep asleep.......you can remember them only when you are less deep asleep

15. old hippie 56

old hippie 56 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Had a very lucid dream while drunk. Dreaming of pissing in the toilet, wife woke me up, madder than hell. I was pissing in her closet!!!!! Try not to get real drunk no more...

16. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    Lol

Swim can't tell for the life of him if he really pissed against the neighbour's door and on his door knob, or if it was a dream.

Swim must have been very very drunk if he did it. However, even if I did it, the guy deserved it for playing UK hard house at 5 am. It was shaking the glass on swim's table.

Ahh student life...

17. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    SWIM never dreams when he is drunk, he is usually just knocked-out till dawn ..
    But when SWIM smokes he gets extremely real dreams.
    Two days ago, I smoked 4-5 J's and went to bed much earlier because damn stoned.
    The next thing he remembers was waking up, in his living room.
    It was very sunny, just as the last couple of days has been and a girl SWIM fancies was standing next to him, with her arm around SWIM.
    He was introducing himself to his girlfriends' mom, and SWIM and his girlfriend where smiling, kissing, happy and had the best moment of their life.
    SWIM can't remember much more, except some nice moments with the nice girl.
    SWIM can definately say that was his best dream ever, and a dream that SWIM definately wants to come true(no pun intended)

18. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Vivid waking-dreams from prolonged alcohol (over)consumption

I went a little overboard this Christmas season. He has been out drinking everyday for 10 days.

For the past 3-4 days he has woken up with a hangover and after a couple of hours of being awake drifts off back to sleep. He then has the most realistic dreams he ever experienced which he has trouble distinguishing from reality.
    For instance, the other day I was sure he had had an hour long phone conversation with a friend. This turned out to have never happened.

I am interested to hear if any other my have experienced anything like this or if anybody can explain how alcohol can cause this?

BTW, I am not recommending this method to anybody interested in vivid or lucid dreams, it was far from enjoyable in my experience and SWIM imagines he has done his liver and kidneys some damage this past week.

19. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Re: Vivid waking-dreams from prolonged alcohol (over)consumption

I have been taking sleeping pills for over 3 years and doesn't usually remember her dreams, but the last 6 weeks since coming off meth her sleeping pill intake has risen dramaticallty. SWIM wakes up in the morning still feeling heavily sedated from the pills, takes her a couple of hours to wake up properly and then she gets tired again and goes back to sleep for a few hours. During these few hours I have very vivid dreams and also sleep paralysis. Sometimes she thinks she hears someone at the door or something but she can't move. This is likely a side effect of taking too many sleeping pills. I don't drink alcohol so she can't compare it, but it seems that her dreams are always more pronounced when she is taking a nap during the day.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  20. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Re: Vivid waking-dreams from prolonged alcohol (over)consumption

SWIM's been pretty heavy on the sauce himself this Xmas. The lack of cannabis doesn't help mind. Yes, he can relate to these ultra-realistic dreams. They tend to hit SWIM at the exact same time as well - that drifting in-and-out of sleep period after waking up in bed with a hangover. No clue as to what exactly causes this. A sign of damage perhaps?