Dried peruvian torch tea, how many grams?

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by vito-gambino, Nov 23, 2005.

1. vito-gambino

vito-gambino Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    How many grams of dried peruvian torch skin (only the green part) does one have to use for a decent dose in making a tea?

If someone where to eat it straight and the cactus was 1% mesc,

30g would = 300mg of mescaline, a decent dose

so how much will I lose in boiling it, I'm figuring I throw in another 10grams, and therefore use 40grams in the tea.

Someone who has made tea please let me know what they have used and what the effect have been.

Also any tips on making the actual tea would be appreciated.

Muchas Gracias.

2. thatsall

thatsall Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
  3. transit

transit Newbie

Reputation Points:
    61 y/o
    Your math is reasonable, however, there is a huge variation in the alkaloid levels within the trichocereus cacti and there is inconsistency as to which species vendors label as peruvian torch. Ideally if you are wanting to make tea and you don’t have clear input from experienced others as to the appropriate amount to use for this specific batch, then purchase a significant amount and test it out, starting with a low dose (I would start with 25 grams). After a few trials and errors, you will know what the appropriate dose is for you with this specific batch, and you will know how to proceed until this batch runs out.
    This difficulty in dosing is one of the reasons why people choose to conduct an extraction of the alkaloid.

4. ramjet

ramjet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    thankyou for posting this! I have tried 20 grams and it had little to no effect. I may have prepared it wrong. I put 40gm in one pot, boiled for 20 mins and simmered for jus over two hours, adding a bit of water at intervals so the water didn't all boil off. Then I filtered out the shit and drank the liquid with a friend (half each). Maybe I'll try doubling the dose. Let me know the effect of 40gs. Cheers!

5. guitar_daddy

guitar_daddy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If 20 did nothing then you need to get a different source and different material. Don't waste your time with your bunk batch. 20g of good dried material should produce some very noticeable effects.