Dried Poppy Pods - Possible to Prepare into IV solutions?

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by ZepDoorsFloyd41, Sep 28, 2006.

1. ZepDoorsFloyd41

ZepDoorsFloyd41 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi guys, I am getting some dried pods pretty soon, and was planing on making some tea.

But he got a random idea and was wondering if theres a way to make them into some sort of injectable solution and IV it? Hmm

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2006
  2. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Nothing too easily... it would be necessary for You to extract alkaloids (preferably only the desired ones, like morphine) and completely get rid of all plant matter. There's likely some reading material on the topic floating around the Net, however. Note that it's illegal in the U.S. to extract opiate alkaloids from poppy pods, at least without permission from the DEA.

3. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    lol nicaine beat me too it..

Umm NO and NO!! unless you have the chemistry experience and chemicals you need to extract morphine to inject or turn it into die-morphine. While poppy tea has been refined before for injection before it is extremely unwise to do mainly due to codeine and the other alkaloids. and given the amounts you would be left with poppy tea would not be worth it and a dangerous thing to do. Leave the syringes out on this one!!

Poppy tea is meant for drinking/ or evaporating it of to get "cooked opium"
    This may help: https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=190658#post190658

4. rodent

rodent Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    As said before, your 'random idea' is a very bad one. Unless you are highly skilled in extraction and separation and could separate the codeine from morphine, forget it!

I doubt I will be disappointed with poppy tea.... my I have yet to be disappointed. It can be made quite strong if one feels thats necessary and best flavored with a little honey. Use caution though as the tea has kicked SWIM's ass more than once and in a couple of different ways ;)

5. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Listen to what the others said! Don't try to IV plant matter. if swiy's lab rats are inclined, they can extract the opium and use it smoked. The time to response, as well as the dose-response curve, is very similar for smoked and IV drugs. It will still reach your lab rat's brain quickly and give a rush, although perhaps not the same rush as IV, its much safer.

6. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    This has been a thread everywhere that people have been introduced to pods. Noone has really ever made a solution pure enough from dried pods. Fresh pods have been used by Pharma companies, but here is the ongoing thread on this....
    Happy reading - It's quite in depth.
    https://drugs-forum.com/threads/4386

7. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    I think the best option (hypothetical, cuz it's illegal in most places) would be to make opium or an opium-like substance that can be smoked. The lungs are usually the second-best route of administration after IV'ing.

8. acolon_5

acolon_5 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Maryland, U.S.A.
    It can be done, morphine can be precipitated out of a pod solution, if defatted and purified without codine in it...but for real, IT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA....and injecting plant matter is just plain DUMB, it can cause real damage to your system.

9. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Like infections, blood poisoning and infections to the heart lining to name a few and Hiv which leads on to aids if needles are shared. All of which are pretty fatal.

10. ZepDoorsFloyd41

ZepDoorsFloyd41 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    What SWIM wrote may have not been the best way put. Of course he wont inject plant matter and such, HA EW BAD...

What he meant more so was that if morphine can be extracted from the dried pods, or if that would be too much hassle and not worth it with only 50 pods or so..

11. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    it can be, but the yield wouldnt be the greatest, and it involves some dangerous chems from everything I has read. if You has little knowledge of chemistry, it should probably not be attempted. however, opium extraction is somewhat easier, and the effects would be more or less the same. swiAlicia posted a great thread on the subject. check it out!

12. rodent

rodent Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The issue is that the pods primarily contain morphine & codeine. Sounds harmless enough but injecting codeine can cause serious health complications if I remember correctly. Can't find a source at the moment but I will and post again.

Possibly insufflating a crystalline extract might be a better option though; doing so would be illegal in most places. In any case, please tell SWIM to be careful. :)

13. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    It's acytalated codiene which can pretty much kill you. And the pods don't primarily contain M and C - There are dozens of active alkaloids, one of the highest concentrations being Thebaine, something which you would definitely not want to inject. Aside form that the most common molecules in the solution would be plant matter. The only success that anyone has had isolating from dried pods have been Pharma companies whose equiptment costs morre than the average human makes in a lifetime.

14. ZepDoorsFloyd41

ZepDoorsFloyd41 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah I know shooting codeine is very bad..

Here is a much safer idea and question I have.. Is it possible to get the dried pods into a smokeable putty, basically like opium?

15. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Yes it is possible by evaporating and not boiling! the poppy pod tea powder them let soak in warm water, then filter the liquid this is poppy tea. place in a glass baking/casserole dish and either wait for it naturally or place near a heat source or use a fan.

More info you may find this helpful.
    https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=190658#post190658

16. johnny_socko

johnny_socko Newbie

Reputation Points:
    -

I have heard of someone actually evaporating the pod tea down to a
    gel/light paste and spreading it on toast like butter. He has no clue what it
    tasted like, but the concept is fresh.

JS
    -

17. Hlucn8

Hlucn8 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    OOoooh! What a fun topic!
    If one were inclined and motivated enough, very simple alkaloid extractions can be found on the net. Poppy straw would be a fun one to get ones feet wet with.
    Dangers to consider!!!
    1. Opiates can be lethal! Whenever you have pure crystallized anything, you must be sure to get the equipment to obtain EXACTING doses, No "eyeballing" this stuff!
    2. You would end up with a whole bunch of different alkaloids, one of which, (codeine), can cause bunches of problems,(mainly pulminary edema), up to and including death if I.V.d. It can, however, be injected I.M. and Sub-Q. Best to basify and smoke it.
    3. The physically addictive properties of O's Suck! I know from experience, (perhaps he will outline his nightmare in the A&R forums). Again, respect is the name of the game when dancing with Morphias
    I know I'm repeating what has already been said, but I wanted to reiterate.
    How old is your buddy? Does he have a lot of experience with this class of meds?

Oh, BTW, swims advice was just to experiment with. Tell You not to go thinking he is Hoffman or Shulgin, just he gets a few crystals to form. If he does succeed in forming a few crystals, tell him to basify them and smoke them. One can teach himself chemistry if dedicated enough, but it would take a long time until someone has enough knowledge to start I.V.ing home preps of morphine, (unless, of course, your a smelly Bedouin in an Afghan mountain doing his work in a rusty trash can, then it's okay.)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2006
  18. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Rectal administration would give a fast onset as well and is very efficient, especially regarding morphine, the substance in opium that gives the main effect.

Only when injected intravenously, codeine causes dangerous side effects, it is safe to inject intramusculair or subcutaneous

The codeine is only acetylated when it is refluxed(heated for a while) with acetic acid.When morphine isn't properly purified, some codeine remains, which is acetylated together with morphine in the heroin manufacture.
    Some people acidify the poppy straw solution with vinegar(diluted acetic acid), and if the solution is then heated for a long while, a tiny bit of codeine might get acetylated, but that would be minimal amounts.

It it possible to extract and purify morphine from opium or dried poppy pods, but the people who have the knowledge and equipment to do it safely probaply won't need to ask for any help anyway.
    As already said, doing an extraction without proper chemistry skills could be dangerous or even get You or someone else killed.
    I am going to do a morphine extraction and purification in the future, which he will post for the sake of chemistry, but I have a professional lab, enough knowledge of chemistry, and HPLC to confirm the purity of the morphine.

1. 5/5,
      Look forward to reading your morphine extraction method
      Dec 16, 2006
  19. ardyrr

ardyrr Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i read somewhere that straw or dried opium extraction is only good for oral ingestion as smoking it is a waste of time,if you mix ordinary lime with poppie sap and sieve the crap away the mixture left is morphine base which only needs evaporating off slowly but You would be advised to only snort it as there is plant matter left in the mix[at least thats wot they reckon

20. bman1

bman1 Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swib knows nothing of this topic but hears of "compote" or "kompot"(sp?) a poppy extract that people IV Probally a rumor anyone know what this is?