Dried poppys

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by rsmo, Jun 17, 2006.

1. rsmo

rsmo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Peace to all you nice people
    Im new here at your place and hope I will have a good time and learn some more stuff about this reality

I have a question

I have done some research but still not sure
    my about to go and by some dried poppy plants
    And my question is

" Can SWIM smoke them...? How?
    Is it OK to roll them in a "blunt" of tobbaco after SWIM grinds them or how should it be done and can it be done??? Fresh plants are not an option (yet).

Any advice please

Thanks Yall

1. 4/5,
      Thank you for reading the rules first!!!
      Jun 17, 2006
  2. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    There are many many threads here about how to extract the goodies from the plant material, about making teas with the pods, ect. Use the search engine and you will find all the info you will ever need!

And thank you for reading the rules before posting!!! Not too many folks do that anymore.

3. rsmo

rsmo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    HI

YEah I did that but didnt find nothing exactly about this way. I found tea recipes from dried pods and seeds, extarcting tar from live plants and numerous boiling methods , ... but still not sure will the "opium blunt" work.

If anyone has tried this or similiar give me direction

Thank you

4. IHrtHalucingens

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Ohh okaly dokaly. Sorry I have never tried smoking raw poppy plant material in a blunt so he cant help you. I am thinking it would not be very effective as smoking refined opium in a blunt is a good bit wasteful, it would propably be more efficient and have better resluts if you did do one of the extractions or made one of the teas. But if you give the blunt a go be sure to let us know how thigns go.

5. AceOvArts

AceOvArts Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have not done what you ask but he has used dried popy pods on many occasions by making tea. The number of pods needed for a successful fuzzy seems to be too many to smoke. if you ground up the amount of pods needed you would probaby need to smoke about 5 or so blunts (maybe more) to get the desired effect (though this guess is by no means based on evidence)
    If the pods are very potent (like hens and chickes veriety or the gargantuan strain) then maybe you need to smoke less.
    All in all I doubt the actual ingestion would be plesent even with the sweetest of blunts.

6. tangent1

tangent1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have just grown some rather large poppies of the right kind. They are in a rather obvious position and so he thinks that milking is a little difficult. tea sounds like a great idea. How many pods might he need for the tea to be effective? there seems to be a lot of conflicting info around.

7. IHrtHalucingens

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I say for a non tolerant opiate user 4 pods should be sufficient. And to drink it slowly allowing the effects to kick in before taking more as the opium levels in the pods varies greatly from plant to plant and it is easy to OD on poppy tea. For more information check out Richard Smokers thread on laundanum recipes.

8. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Laudanum is probably not the way you want to go - straight tea will do fine. Just remember - It tastes awful and will Always taste awful. And try not to heat the water above 85C because it will turn morphine into pseudomorphine rather quickly. There should be a few recipes in the archives here.

Any problems or anything just post up and we'll steer you right. :)

9. tangent1

tangent1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    SWIM sends many thanks. He says that info is great as always! keep it up.

10. IHrtHalucingens

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o

Hey mr. Jim, what exaclty is the benefit of poppy tea over laundanum? I asked this question in Richard smokers thread on laundanum and got no answer. Any info would be great! thanks

11. AceOvArts

AceOvArts Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    The problem with Laudenum is that its very hard to make properly. You should really use pure opium and not what you get from poppy tea. I have tried to make laudenum in the past with poor results. To do it well you need high percentage alcohol, good strong poppies and plenty of time.
    Obviously if you had some pure opium it would make life easier and REAL Laudenum sounds like a great way to take opium (you only need to ingest a very small amount of Laudenum)
    However, with Poppy tea you dont have to wait weeks to ingest it (usually about 1 hours preperation time is all) though it does taste bad, if you make it well enough you dont need a huge great mug full to do the trick.
    The more time you spend in prep the better the tea will be, the stronger it will be and therefore the less you will need to have fun.
    Just be careful, just because dried poppies are easy to come accross and are legal doesnt mean the final result is any less potent, its addictave and can be dangerous. I have had some nasty hangovers and some sickness due to a dose too big for him to handle.

Dont jump into the lake, just dip your toe in to start with.

12. IHrtHalucingens

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    From what richard smoker posted in his thread about laundanum you dont need weeks or alcohol, just honey, lemon juice, water, and poppy pods. And you only have to leave it over night. The alcohol method is a more efficient way for your body to absorb the opium, and the alcohol acts a preservative, but is not necessary as i understand it.

13. AceOvArts

AceOvArts Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I thought Laudenum was, by definition, a concentrated mixture of alcohol and opium.

http://www.hypatia-lovers.com/footnotes/Section03.pdf

Its a simple recipe if you have the right ingredients, unfortunately getting pure opium from dried pods is not that simple.

another recipe :-

Laudanum, or tincture of opium, was a mixture of opium, alcohol, and various other ingredients. It was often given in whiskey or rum and became a widely used agent to prepare patients for surgery until the discovery of effective anesthesia. There were many recipes for laudanum, the most famous being that of Thomas Sydenham (1624-89). Sydenham's recipe, given in his work on dysentery in 1669, contained 1 pound sherry wine, 2 ounces opium, 1 ounce saffron, 1 ounce powder of cinnamon, and 1 ounce powder of cloves. Sydenham's laudanum was used in Europe and North America into the early 20th century. Several other opioid preparations were popular in the 18th and 19th centuries. "Black-drop", otherwise known as Lancaster or Quaker's Black Drop, contained opium, verjuice, nutmeg, saffron and yeast, and was reputedly three times stronger than laudanum. Paregoric was a weaker preparation, named after the Greek word for "soothing" or "consoling" and included opium, honey, licorice root, camphor, aniseed and wine. Dover's powder, first developed by the English physician and buccaneer Thomas Dover (1660-1742), contained opium, salt peter, tartar, licorice and ipecacuanha. Dover claimed, "In two or three hours at furthest the patient will be free from pain". In addition to producing his opium-containing "sweating powder", Thomas Dover was the second captain aboard the privateer Duke that rescued Alexander Selkirk (Robinson Crusoe) from one of the Juan Fernandez islands in 1709.