dried psychotria viridis

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by tomuel, Mar 1, 2006.

1. tomuel

tomuel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    How much dried psychotria viridis do you need for an ayahuasca brew compared to fresh? Also, a few ayahuasca questions:
    Any reports of people who did ayahuasca without smoking DMT first and not freaked out?
    Why is it that if you want to do ayahuasca you can't just take a little bit and have a mushroomy kind of trip, but you have to just totally trip your mind off?
    Please don't tell me that if I'm just looking for another trip, I'm bound to have a bad time with ayahuasca.

2. Marsofold

Marsofold Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    60 grams of the dried leaf is a low-moderate dosage. Don't forget that you'll also need either Caapi root or Syrian Rue seeds to enable your body to orally absorb the DMT. 60 grams of Caapi root OR 3 grams of Rue are typical starter doses for each...

3. Silence_Inc

Silence_Inc Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    i think ayahuasca is special in the way that - you get what you need.

one time i drank three cups and experienced something that wasn't close to the next time when i drank 1 cup. so, you'll trip out if you need to and you won't if you won't.

from the same plant - same dose - i was having cool visuals, a friend was dying with purging and another gf was just, not really experiencing anything. and it hasn't got to do with physical tolerance or soemthing like that. ayahuasca is a strange brew. i advice reading alot upon it - and expecting nothing - cause it will turn out the other way i guess. it did for me anyway. and if you have tripped before, it won't be that diffrent from what you experienced - and than again, it will. :p