1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

dried psychotria viridis

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by tomuel, Mar 1, 2006.

1. tomuel

tomuel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Mar 23, 2005
    How much dried psychotria viridis do you need for an ayahuasca brew compared to fresh? Also, a few ayahuasca questions:
    Any reports of people who did ayahuasca without smoking DMT first and not freaked out?
    Why is it that if you want to do ayahuasca you can't just take a little bit and have a mushroomy kind of trip, but you have to just totally trip your mind off?
    Please don't tell me that if I'm just looking for another trip, I'm bound to have a bad time with ayahuasca.
  2. Marsofold

Marsofold Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Mar 19, 2005
    from USA
    60 grams of the dried leaf is a low-moderate dosage. Don't forget that you'll also need either Caapi root or Syrian Rue seeds to enable your body to orally absorb the DMT. 60 grams of Caapi root OR 3 grams of Rue are typical starter doses for each...
  3. Silence_Inc

Silence_Inc Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Nov 5, 2005
    i think ayahuasca is special in the way that - you get what you need.

one time i drank three cups and experienced something that wasn't close to the next time when i drank 1 cup. so, you'll trip out if you need to and you won't if you won't.

from the same plant - same dose - i was having cool visuals, a friend was dying with purging and another gf was just, not really experiencing anything. and it hasn't got to do with physical tolerance or soemthing like that. ayahuasca is a strange brew. i advice reading alot upon it - and expecting nothing - cause it will turn out the other way i guess. it did for me anyway. and if you have tripped before, it won't be that diffrent from what you experienced - and than again, it will. :p