1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Oral use - Drinking / eating / oral use of cocaine HCl

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by Carbine, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Carbine

Carbine

Reputation Points:
    just curious about something. I HATE snorting anything, and i avoid it now coz it screwed me up.

I've been told, and read on the net that you can't swallow coke, like you can with speed (i basically whack it in a 1/4 glass of warm water, and down the hatch). Can i take it this way? Or will it poison me or waste the stuff?

But i read somewhere (during a marketing assignment for uni LOL) that the Coca-cola lettering, if turned on it's side, is the image of someone snorting a line of coke. Apparently, this myth was debunked by the argument that, when the label was designed, people would 'drink' coke rather than snort, before snorting became 'fashionable'.

Hmmmm....

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2007
  2. davidBuster23

davidBuster23

Reputation Points:
    Drinking is certainly possible -- I've heard the argument that it is not an efficient use of coke, but I'm just like you. To me, ingesting is the only way to go. It won't give the same high, but it does make you feel great.

3. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person.

Reputation Points:
    Powdered cocaine has acid in it.

It will eventually burn a hole in your gut.

Your only other options are slamming and smoking.

Personally, I prefer the latter.

4. 32785

Reputation Points:
    smoke it. high isn't as long, but much more intense.

5. FemFoison

FemFoison Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Oh don't smoke it, then you're just inhaling it into your lungs, which is just one MORE organ being damaged. Might as well minimize the negative effects, right?

I have a book by Adam Gottlieb called The Pleasures of Cocaine which describes a number of ways to enjoy the drug. I reccomend it to anyone who's interested in being an informed user. However, he does say that absorbing it into the gut is best accomplished when the drug is accompanied by a cordial (Chartreuse, Galliano, etc) because the alcohol helps the assimilation of the coke before the stomach acids destroy it. He also, however, outlines a means (and required ratios) of mixing powder cocaine with water and a small (tiny!) amount of alcohol and putting it into a nasal spray bottle - a way of snorting it while dramatically reducing any damage to the nasal membrane (each squirt is the equivalent of one line, apparently).

So to answer your question directly - it will neither poison you nor waste it, if done properly it will provide you with a high. But like all drugs, every means of ingestion creates a slightly varied response, so it may be more or less intense, longer or shorter lasting, etc. No way to know for sure unless you try it.

6. Gahaba22

Gahaba22 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Ingesting cocaine will most definitely decrease its effectiveness. It does not have acid in it like one of the previous writers suggested, however because of its sympathomimetic properties using cocaine in any form has consequences on the mucosal layers of your GI tract.

geeb

7. FemFoison

FemFoison Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I never said cocaine had acid in it, but your gut most definitely does. It will do its darndest to break down anything you stick in it.

8. Gahaba22

Gahaba22 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    FemFoison,

You did not say coke had acid in it but woodman did. You are correct about coke being very hard on the stomach when done habitually. sorry for any confusion

geeb

9. hpnotiq

hpnotiq

Reputation Points:
    what are the negative sides new users may get of coke?

10. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person.

Reputation Points:
    gahaba22, I don't understand.

Doesn't powdered cocaine (cocaine hydrochloride) need to contain some amount of hydrochloric acid to qualify as "powdered" cocaine?

Without that, I assume it would become freebase cocaine.

What am I missing?

11. Gahaba22

Gahaba22 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Woodman,

you are definitely correct that in order for cocaine to be a powder you must add a hydrochloride group to it. However, many, many drugs have this side group without being considered an acid that is harmful to your stomach. The HCl actually neutralizes the freebase form to form a powder. Hope this clears up the confusion

geeb

12. FemFoison

FemFoison Newbie

Reputation Points:
    <blockquote> Originally posted by gahaba22 on 20 September 2004<hr>
    FemFoison,

You did not say coke had acid in it but woodman did. You are correct about coke being very hard on the stomach when done habitually. sorry for any confusion

geeb

<hr></blockquote>

My bad. :) Sorry.

13. CABS205

CABS205 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I know, there are certain drugs out there you can put in water and you can drink it...Can you do that with coke and does it get you high or not???

14. Darcy

Darcy

Reputation Points:
    The best thing if you are going to mix water with coke is to do so in
    an empty nasal spray bottle. There is a post about that somewhere on
    this board. If you swallow it, it wont be absorbed by the stomach as
    well as the mucous membranes in your nose and sinuses. What I want to
    know is if the mucous membranes in your nasal passages absorb coke
    better, can you get just as "high" by rubbing it on your gums or just
    putting some on your tongue and rolling it around (no swallowing until
    completely absorbed).

15. CABS205

CABS205 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    In my opinion, or my guess....I don't think you do get high...it just makes your mouth really numb....

16. kailey_elise

kailey_elise Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    From what I understand, you can get high by putting it under your tongue and not swallowing until it's all absorbed.</span><br style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    <br style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    However, what I
    don't know is if it gets you *as* high - I've never used that as the
    sole method of ingestion, just as supplement if my nose is getting too
    clogged during the night (to maintain until I can unclog, you see).</span><br style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    And if that
    works, I don't see why putting it in your ass or vagina (if female,
    obviously!) wouldn't work as well...not that I see any _reason_ to use
    these methods, just don't see why it *wouldn't* work. ;&gt;</span><br style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    Anyone know for certain?</span><br style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    ~</span>K.Elise</span></font>

17. CABS205

CABS205 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well, before if there was any left from making lines...I would lick my credit card or whatever and it just made my mouth numb...I don't remember being high cuz of that...but, maybe that was just me..

18. kailey_elise

kailey_elise Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Exactly my point - you're doing lines beforehand/at the same time, so you can't be certain which your high is coming from.

Also, you'd want to put the same amount under your tongue that you'd
    snort - that is usually more than the residue on your
    mirror/razor/card/etc. ;&gt;

~K.Elise</span></font>

19. Dopeman420

Dopeman420

Reputation Points:
    You do get high from "mouthing" coke, once when I bought a bag I didn't have anything to do a line with so I just put soem on my finger and onto my tounge and gums, not only was my whole mouth numb but by the time I got to where I was going I was pleasantly high off of the coke.

20. Lynchx

Lynchx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    imo coke is best IV or sniff or smoked I dunno about the tounge or mouth method seems like it would just numb you up.