1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Drug Forum Twin websites

Discussion in 'About Drugs-Forum.com' started by godztear, Mar 23, 2012.

1. godztear

godztear Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from Minnesota, U.S.A.
    I recently did a web search for something and it came up with a website. At first glance I thought I was back in my Drugs Forum tab, and thought neat Google brought me right back here.

Then after I blinked a couple times I realized the website is a carbon copy of this website! Well it is not entirely the same it is pretty damn close!

Does Drugs-Forum have any recognized spin off sites or is this just a plain rip? I would post the link, but don't wanna be considered link advertising or anything.

2. YIPMAN

YIPMAN Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from portugal
    Well, there are at least 2-3x websites, I have bumped into, that use the same Software - Vbulletin - which easily may confuse somebody. Each colour scheme used by them, is different though. But you may have found something different, then I am referring to...

3. godztear

godztear Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from Minnesota, U.S.A.
    I found one about recovery and addiction with the same color scheme and all. Only the top banner was different. This forum is attached to a website I found out after poking around a little bit so you are right that more then likely they just use similar software.

I wasn't sure though because I swear I remember something about Drugs-Forum having a sister site or something. I may be mistaken.

4. YIPMAN

YIPMAN Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from portugal
    AFAIK, DF`s only other website is the SIN Foundation site - www.substance-information-network.org - maybe you should talk to Alfa, if you found something that could be considerd plagiarism.

5. NeuroChi

NeuroChi is not his mind Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    This is true, other sites have copied our content in the past and we address this on a case by case basis if appropriate.

I think that ultimately other sites will copy our content, but nothing's as good or up to date as the real deal so long as people find the source of the information here :cool:

Tags: