International - Drug-Law Reform, Activist Groups.

Discussion in 'Drug Policy Reform & Narco Politics' started by Woodman, May 17, 2006.

1. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    1. 4/5,
      Great Link
      May 19, 2006
  2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    That's a handy list, but since it dates from 2004, it might not be up to date.

3. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    You are correct.

If I can find anything more recent, I will certainly post it.

In the meantime, do you think you could make this a sticky topic?

4. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Since there is a total lack of a complete and up to date list of drug policy activists & organisations, I am altering the Links section, so that it contains a seperate section for drug reform organisations. Please help in making this link section complete as it's the first step in something bigger. You can add links by either using the contact form or posting them here.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  5. old hippie 56

old hippie 56 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
  6. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Yep, but that's no drug reform organisation.

7. old hippie 56

Reputation Points:
  8. old hippie 56

Reputation Points:
    Here is one swim read about this morning, Interfaith Drug Policy Initiative. Website is: www.idpi.us

9. Heretic.Ape.

Heretic.Ape. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    http://stopthedrugwar.org/
    Nice organization, very active, with good resources a pretty good weekly newsletter (email) keeping subscribers up to date on the war on drugs and opportunities to take part in the struggle for reason and liberty in the United States.

10. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Students for Sensible Drug Policy (SSDP)

A good organization for university students in the US and Canada to check out - and if you aren't in one of those two countries, there is a first time for everything eh? ;)

11. Heretic.Ape.

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Drug policy alliance: http://www.drugpolicy.org/homepage.cfm

From their "about us" page:

The Drug Policy Alliance (DPA) is the nation's leading organization of people who believe the war on drugs is doing more harm than good. In our vision of tomorrow, people are not punished simply for what they put into their bodies but only for harm done to others. We fight for drug policies based on science, compassion, health and human rights. Our work spans issues from medical marijuana to youth drug education. We work to ensure that our nation’s drug policies no longer arrest, incarcerate, disenfranchise and otherwise harm millions of nonviolent people, especially people of color.
    Few public policies have compromised public health and undermined our fundamental civil liberties for so long and to such a degree as the war on drugs. The United States is now the world’s largest jailer, imprisoning nearly half a million people for drug offenses alone. That’s more people than Western Europe, with a bigger population, incarcerates for all offenses. Roughly 1.5 million people are arrested each year for drug law violations - 40% of them just for marijuana possession. People suffering from cancer, AIDS and other debilitating illnesses are regularly denied access to their medicine or even arrested and prosecuted for using medical marijuana. We can do better.

12. Heretic.Ape.

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  13. Heretic.Ape.

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    http://www.november.org/index.html
    November Coalition:
    Working to end drug war injustice, the November Coalition, a non-profit grassroots organization, was founded in 1997.
    Members educate the public about destructive, unnecessary incarceration due to the U.S. drug war, and advocate for drug war prisoners.

14. boozed up and up for a fu

boozed up and up for a fu Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Great list guys, and how come they achieved piss-all thus proving that a stoned activist is trapped now. So where does Casey Hardison fit into this? Well he is the guy who has come out to show a light and what has anyone really achieved with all this campaigning? Fuck all because they are not hitting hard enough yet to discuss direct action is illegal so it has to be this sickly softly softly why the prisoners of the war on drugs rot in her majesties prisons - that makes the queen her judges and half the legal profession all CUNTS. So, they want to hear a good argument do they? I would show you inflamatory materials but I heard that this site is run by gestapo goose stepping control freaks who would censor your every ha ha incriminating word, I did it, I confess to all of it, I want to kill the cunts - its WAR

1. 3/5,
      How old are you? 13? 14? GO AWAY LITTLE KID. Come back when you are 18, and hopefully somewhat mature
      Jan 8, 2008
  15. Heretic.Ape.

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  16. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    boozed: Don't know where you heard that crap, but as a member of the insinuated gestapo, I can quite assure you we are open to mature discussion on all levels. Don't really give a fuck if you say fuck.

Do check our Draconian rules though. They are in place to protect you and this site. That includes your words. Other sites have been yanked for less than you might imagine.

17. Aztec Dreamer

Aztec Dreamer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hi everybody - new here - i love how deep you discussions here go - on this subject I hit upon a great website the other day, called the Shroom Liberation Front - they desperately need bodies to play a role in highlighting the desperately wrong situation that the war on drugs is doing to society - (essentially they've adopted all transform's reccomendations, as believe in order to save magic mushrooms, the whole drugs classification system needs to change.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2008
  18. Bikelbees

Bikelbees Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    This would be appear to be a semi-commercial site and links can only be given with the approval of admin here.

19. Aztec Dreamer

Aztec Dreamer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    oh right - I guess you're right - still what they represent is on topic - I wouldn't mind if admin could just clarify this organisation - after all they're about actively campaigning for a change in the law, and are related to drugs - however if they're not allowed then I apologise - still their idea is a great one - if enough people got behind movements like these then maybe people could start achieving liberating outcomes and move the debate forward. But again apologies if no-one else agrees. Cheers.