1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Other - Drug screening for Synthetic cannabinoids

Discussion in 'Cannabinoids' started by username211, Nov 28, 2011.

1. username211

username211 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A friend had smoked a herbal incense called Kush (sold in store's so don't think it has any of the illegal cannabinoids) and he is on probation so his urine get's sent to a lab for a drug screen. Can the chemical in the incense come up when the lab checks his urine?

2. CkenX

CkenX Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    You ups have looked around the forum a little bit before having posted, or atleast searched Google. No, herbal incense will not show up on a drug screen. I am also on probation, and have been smoking almost a year.

3. username211

username211 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well i did use google and i had found this on redwoodtoxicoligy
    Wasn't sure if one of those that are tested would be in a herbal incense since 4 of them aren't illegal yet.
    Thanks for the info though.

4. godztear

godztear Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    In most cases, no. There are labs now that can test for these compounds, but their use is rare/mostly for military purposes or if the sample is highly expected to come back dirty for synthetic cannabinoids. The rumored window of use prior to the test is to be around 72 hours.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167035&highlight=Cannabinoid+Drug+Test

On a side note, my girlfriend failed a standard employment drug test for "Methamphetamine abnormalities" after smoking herbal incense only to have the sample sent off further to a lab to come back clean of such abnormalities.

5. CkenX

CkenX Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I could see somebody adding 4-FMA which in the amphetamine family but is RC also to a blend to add stimulant effects along with JWH or AM cannabinoids. A top notch company like Mr. Nice Guy wouldn't pull such off, but a third company or knock off will sell anything I'm sure. Pseudo ephedrine and other OTC medications can cause false-positives mainly for meth/amphetamines. On a normal 5 or 8 panel SWIM has never failed for anything and smokes new types of Spices every time he sees a new one, along with the biggest bag of what swim usually gets just in case the new sample is no good. Swim doesn't like going through a lot of trouble to get a bunk bag. swim one time bought a bag that advertised as 100% additive and chemical free. He saw it after the purchase and would have been upset for losing 11$ but still has what he knows he likes, Pandora. There definitely were RCs on the bag advertising to be completely all natural incense.

6. username211

username211 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The positives the RCs give wouldn't come back from a lab as real amphetamines, would it?

7. CkenX

CkenX Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    They could test to tell the difference in if it was false positive.