1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Culture - drug smuggling tricks- movies

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by big mick, Oct 24, 2008.

1. big mick

big mick Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    ciao amici
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  2. ThirdEyeFloond

ThirdEyeFloond Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Male from denmark
    SWIY should check out DEA's monthly Microgram bulletin, there is very often mention and pictures of ingenious although failed smuggling attempts. Not sure if I'm allowed to link to it, but google is your friend. Bags, clothing, furniture, autoparts, toys, candy, animals! etc. etc. Even heroin smuggled inside bricks of cocaine, and cocaine inside bricks of meth apparently not so much to avoid customs as to keeping the transit traffickers cost at a minimum.

3. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Male from japan
    the question "what actually works" is out of bounds, as discussions on how to smuggle substances are not allowed.
    however the discussion of smuggling techniques seen in movies or in the news, or reported by the DEA as mentioned above is fine - if this thread was to go into the specifics and tips on "how to smuggle cocaine" , i'd have to close it.
    b

4. big mick

big mick Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    no not at all this thread is mainly about the movies and is what you see really what happens or just for the big screen as i wonder if they are really so advanced in technique why do they still get caught?

im guessing its just for movies

5. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Male from japan
    a marginal amount gets caught / lost. A few tons here and there, which is not enough to unbalance the trade.
    in real life cartels have been using semi-submarines, then actual submarines, intially from / with technology the ex-ussr / warsaw pact countries, then build locally for instance.
    to sum it up it's both a combination of ingeniosity & high tech ( dissolved in liquid, into resins, food, moulded, drones etc or on/in human mules) and also plain and simple brute force smuggling, simply hidden in shipping containers and inside ships, on personal sailboats or go-fast type ships planes and other crafts,- in these cases potential losses are taken into account, knowing that some will get through.
    larger shipments are usually done in the brute-force manner, where more covert and high tech approachs are for smaller amounts but with more regularity, until the trick is discovered.

b

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  6. wafcwarrior

wafcwarrior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male
    Everything has been used to smuggle drugs from dead bodies to clothing/suitcases, The movies ways of smuggling drugs are usually based on old methods that worked, Methods that work these days are not known if any random people on these forums knew then authorities etc would find out how they was doing it.

7. big mick

big mick Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    good movie

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  8. flick1111

flick1111 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    A friend went to Colombia and got this strange thumb-like "bin" and he ate 10 of them and brought home inside self 150g of pure shit.

9. yaba

yaba Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    When swim got arrested at Schiphol (Amsterdam airport) for something a long time ago !! He spoke with custums, they told him that when the asked people who come from certain places (were coke is very cheap and a Dutch collonie) If they swollowed anything.. They say no I wouldn't do that !!! Even when the smell of shit comes out of there mouth. Meaning the lost something in transit and they swallow it again..

10. quetz

quetz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o Male
    I recall seeing a movie where gestrointestinal smuggling of contraband was encompassed in it's theme. And ever since I been questioning the extent of it's danger. Not merely the danger associated with the rupture of contrabands and possible poisoning, but generally about indigestible objects floating through somebody's tract...

11. frederico02

frederico02 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    if you were a little experienced in extraction , then what swiy could do is dissolve cocaine into faty drinks like milk , especially high fat milk . and then with a few solvents that are easily purchased at stores in the uk , extract the drug from the milk . you might loose a bit but if you dont want to get caught , its a very good way ...

12. gmeziscool2354

gmeziscool2354 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    how about american gansta with Denzel Wilson?

smugling heroine (easily could be coke) in the caskets of deceased troups from Vietnam. no clue if this actually happened but swim would love to have a connection like that in the US army.

13. quetz

quetz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o Male
    I don't remember mentioning neither coke nor heroin. But I do see now that I am in "Cocaine & Crack" subforum. I think the movie was about taking small quantities of hashish (20-30 g) over borders for personal use. :(
    I wouldn't guarantee that dissolving cocaine in anything that's not going to change its chemical structure would totally hide it's smell.

14. Aar0n

Aar0n Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Do you or anyone have any solid proof of this because cocaine is so soluble in water, even a little amount of it would absorb a great deal of product (1g of Cocaine HCL per millilitre!)