1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug test focalin and ritalin

Discussion in 'Concerta & Ritalin' started by Recordac, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Recordac

Recordac Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM has been snorting ritalin and focalin for the past week, only about 40mg a day, SWIM is prescribed the ritalin but the focalin is his roommates. SWIM has a court date coming up next week and is wondering whether or not focalin and ritalin will come up on the possible and most likely drug test. Even though SWIM's charges are for marijuana use he is worried about the focalin and ritalin showing up if it is a general drug screen. Does anyone have any suggestions for SWIM or any knowledge on what comes up on drug screens.

2. ponehacker

ponehacker Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I don't think you have anything to worry about my friend. Even in the unlikely event that the test included ritalin & focalin, it would be close to impossible for it to differentiate the two. This is due to ritalin containing approx. 50% of what focalin is solely composed of.
    This should ease your mind, but let me know if u want further detail...i kept it short & simple because swim spilled soda on my keyboard last night so im using that damn onscreen one.

Bring ur Rx with just in case.

3. staples

staples Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIY has nothing to worry about, even if they could differentiate between methylphenidate and dexmethylphenidate, if the test date is in a week, it should be out of SWIY's system by then.

4. Recordac

Recordac Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well SWIM isn't worried about the focalin and ritalin leaving the system before the drug test because at this point in time he knows it will. However SWIM hasn't been abusing it for "partying" uses but it does help him study a lot! SWIM has a limited supply of Ritalin and pretty much an unlimited supply of focalin. So SWIM has been taking the focalin more often than ritalin because he doesn't want to run out of ritalin. But if like you say they can't differentiate the two on a drug test then SWIM shouldn't have anything to worry about.

5. staples

staples Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIY should talk to his doctor about increasing his dose of ritalin, if the current dose isn't strong enough...