Drug testing at work; can I get arrested if I fail?

Discussion in 'Drug Testing' started by thegod1, Nov 30, 2005.

1. thegod1

thegod1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If I were to fail a drug test (lets say marijuana) at work, would the police be informed and would I be arrested? Or would I just get fired?

2. DoorsPerception

DoorsPerception Newbie

Reputation Points:
    No they will not be informed, but you will be fired or suspended depending on policy, unless your on parole in which case you better belive you will be arrested.Theres realy nothing the police can do for you being high, in most cases you can tell them to thier face that your high,(but i dont mean flaunt it).....only thing they will do is search you and at worste drive you home if your in public.(but you will be in trouble if you are driving).

Im surprised you did drugs w/o knowing what would come of it, dosnt seem very responceable to me, and when you get fired make sure you dont put them on your resume otherwise they will tell your new employer!

3. ventrue

ventrue Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    actually they cant LEGALLY tell someone that calls for a reference because it is considered confidential. thats why if you fail, you go in a room, and either in the room or usually on the phone will be a rep from the lab. they will ask you if your on any meds etc etc. as a general rule, a former employer can not say anything negative about you to someone calling for a reference. if they do you can have your 'legal representation" rip them a new asshole. now that doesn't cover if you work for instance in the restaurant industry, where a lot of managers of various restaurants know eachother. then its just a "hey john, whats up with this guy joe" but i dont think that is your situation seeing as how restaurant workers are all on drugs hehe.

4. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You won't be fired, you'll be asked to step down