Drug use changing physical appearance

Discussion in 'The euphoric body' started by blondie8734, Mar 20, 2006.

1. blondie8734

blondie8734 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    obviously all drugs will make your appearance change if you become a big addict but what i mean is ...supermodels use cocaine and basically it makes you lose weight but it won't really change your appearance otherwise.

On the other hand, using heroine will make you look like shit.

What are other drugs that make you ugly and ones that don't?

2. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I think it is really all about how you maintain your apperance and control your drug use. Meth is one drug that comes to mind that makes users physical apperance deteriorate. Users often get speed bumps all over their body and speed bumps aren't the most attractive things. Heroin is not going to make you look ugly but if you are a junkie and dont take care of your self then you might be less physically attractive. The same thing can happen with coke though if you don't watch out.

3. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Blondie says: "obviously all drugs will make your appearance change if you become a big addict."

Well, I do not know about that. I have known a few Pot-heads who smoke enormous amounts of it (and have for years); they look pretty good.

I knew a Heroin addict who claimed that she had been using for 12 years; she looked pretty (and pretty normal), and I was surprised to hear that she had been taking anything.

Also, it's hard to know what the person looked like before they were "addicted" to their drug-of-choice, so, maybe a lot of already-ugly people take up Drugs (I know I might, if I looked real bad). But certainly, inside, some of these people are probably looking ugly.

4. 788.4

788.4 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Drugs themselves for the most part do not cause changes if people physical appearence. It's almost always the persons life style.

Track marks are usually caused by one or more of the following:

1. Not cleaning the injection sight before
    2. Using a dirty or dull needle
    3. Injecting multiple times into the same sight
    4. Impurities or bacteria in the substance that is being injected
    5. Not preparing the injection fluid correctly

5. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    788.4 has got it down, its usually the lifestyle, although to some extent i think prolonged use of meth or rubbing cocaine on one's gums can lead to some nasty-looking teeth. but for the most part I hasnt noticed anyone that looks terrible after years of drug use, and in some cases actually their looks have improved. swim can vouch for an overabundance of attention from the opposite sex following a particularly wild summer filled with oxycodone and coke.

6. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I would have to say methamphetamine. It ages the user's skin, makes their teeth rot and break, and can cause some nice boils and abcesses.

On another note: It has been noted that Curanderos of Mexico who use mushrooms in their therapy tend to look more aged for their years. This was first noted by associates of R. Gordon Wasson regards white people recording this observation. And the users of Ayahuasca tend to look more youthful for their years, or so say some western researchers. Melatonin is thought to play a role in aging by regulation of the body's clock. Though this summation is disputed last time I checked. But perhaps this has something to do with this phenomena.

7. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from Canada
    The ugliness usually results from the months of neglect of other bodily needs, namely sleep and food. I remember near the end of his crack-athon he ran into someone he hadnt seen in a while. A look of horror crossed her face and she remarked"my god, swim, do you have cancer?". I had gotten rather skelaton-like lol. 2 months and 30 lbs later I was fine.
    People who can afford a huge habit and groceries usually dont look as bad though.

8. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think if a user becomes addicted to something and starts to caring less about other things their appearance will deminish. They may start to not care as much about showering, brushing their teeth, etc.
    But I also believe if the user has a good head on their shoulders and knows what is too much and learns to respect the drug they are taking and still maintain a positive role in society, their lifestyle, and appearance, will probably stay positive as well.
    It's all about keeping a balance.
    Drugs aren't everything, and shouldn't be used as a crutch or anything. But if taken responsibly, all should be well.

9. 788.4

788.4 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Having chronic dry mouth and smoking pure meth can definately perpetuated tooth decay, but the drug itself does not cause it to the extent that you are thinking of. Those problems are usually due to poor oral hygene. Adulterants in the drug, particullarly with meth when smoked can be very harmful to the mouth and teeth.

Tags: