1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

drugs that make you cry

Discussion in 'The euphoric body' started by frost458, Jan 2, 2011.

1. frost458

frost458 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from france
    hi,

that may sounds weird, but swim like to be sad, swim like to cry.
    I want to feel the same sadness as when someone he loves die.

he has done coutless search over the internet but wasn't able to find anything.
    do you know anything that could give swim this feeling?

thanks

2. mr op8

mr op8 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It's really weird, but on several occasions, I have cried on Ritalin. Not every time I use Ritalin, of course. But, if I am coming up on some Ritalin and then sees something sad on TV, for example, he will be much more likely to cry.

And this is really against SWIM's personality -- he is male, and typically crying at some TV show would be the last thing he would do -- he rarely cries in general. So it has definitely been a result of the Ritalin on the occasions when it has happened.

3. SlightlyBitter

SlightlyBitter Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My rat has cried on lsd, but he wasnt sad. They were tears of joy!

Withdrawal from substances often causes crying.

4. Probing Tranquility

Probing Tranquility Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    Alcohol makes some people very emotional, Crono knows some people who get a few drinks in them and they start sobbing and talking about how their life is horrible. Crono has also seen people cry the day after a hard night of rolling or during a very introspective trip where they deal with some hard emotional stuff. He wouldn't recommend tripping to cry though because no one wants to go through a bad trip.

5. mr op8

mr op8 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ha! Yeah, withdrawal from opiates really does make one cry, physically. Any opiate addict knows the watery eyes that are part of withdrawal...

But anyway, to answer the OP's question more seriously... Ritalin made SWIM cry a few odd times, but as a general answer, I would bet on a heavy psychedelic as most likely to induce crying... shrooms, LSD, peyote, DMT... they may be tears of joy like the previous poster, or quite the opposite....

6. TicksAndLeaches

TicksAndLeaches Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    From an experience through lucid dreaming a bug AFOAF met said after he smoked salvia and the trip ended, he started crying a little because it was such an intense experience, like nothing he has ever experienced before. But SWIM kind of understands You about the sadness thing, when he and his gf broke up he was sad but almost enjoyed it since it was a prime example of real human emotion.

Sometimes the best time for contemplation is with good music and maybe a lil bit of weed, but the music is key, whatever You likes but makes emotional. Some good examples for SWIM are Rachmaninoffs Second Piano Concerto, Chopin's Nocturne no. 2, Mozarts piano sonata no. 12 adagio, almost any minor key classical piece will do. Some funeral doom or black metal is also good if the floats youS boat, along with the classic soul singers like otis redding, the temptations, and Marvin Gaye. Music allows us to feel raw emotion in any state so I suggest this for you.

7. mersann

mersann Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    The Research Chemical guy's low dose Butylone experience which I also wrote a trip report about on this forum made the Research Chemical guy melancholic. Most people say it's quite dysphoric, but I do not know whether they feel the same kind of dysphoria Research Chemical guy feels, and Research Chemical guy would have to retry at a higher dosage to see what happens (dosage increase won't happen for him, though).

Whether that makes it good for crying, I do not know.

8. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Anyways, terribly heart wrenching movies and a dose of psychedelic? Maybe watch some animal abuse documentaries, or better yet those charities ads for donations?

A friend of mine once wrote a spell for increasing misery that mostly involved meditating on the worst parts of past relationships. Might be good for a sob or two.

Precise application of a surgical 2x4 by one's trustworthy lab assistant should do the trick if tears aren't coming easily.

But as for a drug that has the action of making one cry, not really any out there.

I guess one COULD ask the Lady of the Sage to teach them about sadness, but that's a heafty request and it seems like one She will honor in with all Her might, one should understand this would be a damn serious request of Salvia divinorum and one not to be taken lightly. Such a tripp could easily have long lasting psychological repercussions. While I have no solid evidence, I wouldn't be surprised if one could trigger chronic depression through such an experience. I've seen a few case reports where people have called down "bad spirits" while tripping and felt lingering effects weeks later, it took a lot of work for them to get back to baseline.

Tent revivals and other charismatic christian sects use crying as part of their initiation, breaking people down till they burst into tears, they open their emotions up and in doing so, are ripe for imprint. There is an excellent book that covers this topic called Rightous; Dispatches from the Evangelical Youth Movement. I think this should be read, along side of Robert Anton Wilson's Illuminatus Papers so that an understanding of the models of imprints is understood. This sort of tripp could become quite profound, one needs to think these things through and understand what exactly they want out of this. One can heal themselves like this, they can change the direction of their life, impassion themselves to a new mission, or they could wreck terrible havoc on themselves.

This is certainly not some holiday game, but a potent formula.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  9. Pondlife

Pondlife Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Some drugs can heighten emotions, but I don't know of any that will generate the emotion out of thin air.

I know someone who can become emotional on GHB, but I wouldn't say that GHB would "make someone cry". It's more that it makes the existing emotion more intense, so you can tear up over things that wouldn't normally affect you.

10. frost458

frost458 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from france
    well, for alcohol, it makes SWIN really happy, and i don't just mean laff, alcohol makes hims happy inside each times, like if every goals of his life had been fullfiled.

SWIM like that, but he also like the oposite.

swin found this on the internet, and it would describe perfectly his needs :

SWIM can achieve real tear of sadness without any drugs, he just listen to very sad piano song, alone, in the dark, watch very sad image from "4chan's baww thread", like children crying in front of their parent's coffin coming back from irak, and tells himself that he'll never achieve anything, he's worthless, and so on.
    at first there is just tears, then I cannot control it's breathing, and then I cannot control anything anymore.

but, this require concentration, SWIN would like to just take a pill, and cry for hours

ritalin should then be able to help SWIM to concentrate

11. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    DOI can sometimes make one maudlin. Cally's experienced it herself, plus read a few tales by others.

ECL

12. Nanashi

Nanashi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I am confused. Does You want happy tears or sad tears? Like in the previous posts im gonna have to say an 1/8th of boomers would do the trick

purelyscientific added 3 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Without any drug this one video I saw on the web could make anyone cry even a grown man. Its called 3 guys 1 hammer. It was the most disgusting thing i have ever seen. If you want to cry this will deffenatly help. just type it in a search engine and the vid should come up.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  13. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    Large doses of alcohol and benzos make my friend very emotional and often result in crying. But no, there is no drug that will make you cry. Well, there are drugs that makes your tear ducts produce tears but an actually sad cry, no, no drug will specifically do that.

You could get yourself strung out on heroin and the inject a huge dose of naloxone then drop a very heavy object on your foot. You will be depressed and you will cry.

It might be more hassle than it's worth, though.

14. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    MovingPictures: You know that large doses of benzos and alcohol also lead to blackouts and ODs. Not something that should be recommended lightly

15. Staplez

Staplez Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Develop an opiate addiction, use for a year or so, you'll supress all your emotions. When you stop using, you get that emotional sadness you're talking about. It's the only thing I've ever cried about and I'm not an emotional person.

16. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    Oh I wasn't recomending anyone do that. I was just relating my friend's experience with them. Of course, they are two dangerous substances used in large doses on their own but in combination, they are far more dangerous and can be lethal.

I was simply stating a drug combination that often makes my friend cry. No one else should try it.

I stand by my precipatated opiate withdrawal/droping heavy object on foot combination though.:thumbsup:

17. g666d

g666d Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    don't try and get withdrawal... it is not sadness it is misery, disgust.

I had hospital hydromorphine and it made him cry, but he thinks for OP a good dose of LSD may be helpful

18. Midnite_Maniak

Midnite_Maniak Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Diphenhydramine will make You cry. Probably from insanity though You will be crying! :thumbsup:

19. RealGanjaMan

RealGanjaMan Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Usually the ones that either bring clarity / self-reflection (LSD), or on the other end of the spectrum, the ones that bring empathy (MDMA).

And of course, mostly when used in terribly inappropriate situations, alcohol.

20. NeuroChi

NeuroChi is not his mind Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Haloperidol and other antipsychotics. Blockade of dopaminergic neurotransmission.

Antipsychotic drug-induced dysphoria
    Salvia Divinorum, as Potter mentioned. Activation of κ-Opioid Rc's.

The Dysphoric Component of Stress Is Encoded by Activation of the Dynorphin k-Opioid System

The latter might be much too short lived of an experience to achieve the longer lasting dysphoria you are seeking, but it may be enjoyable. Mind that this hallucinogen is quite powerful and it seems its dysphoric properties generally come second to its dissociating ones in the user experience.

As stated by several others, withdrawal or come down from certain drugs can produce significant dysphoria. This would require a euphoric state to induce. Use of cocaine, MDPV, and other (S)NDRI's can reliably produce a dysphoric come down.

A very similar topic but with an entirely opposite purpose here: Use of anxiogenics to cope with anxiety in non-anxious individuals. The idea of using an anxiogenic / dysphoric compound to ultimately achieve an enjoyable state after the experience is something that isn't generally sought so finding recreational drugs on the black market that do this isn't in the foreseeable future. Interesting though.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011