Drum N Bass and E go hand in hand?

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by jamesdavid12, Mar 22, 2005.

1. jamesdavid12

jamesdavid12 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ive been doing E now for a little while and really just been listening to house and trance but last session I got into Drum and Bass. It was emazing and lots of fun but I really want to buy somesome but dont know what anyof the songs are called? Another thing does anybody like drum n bass that isnt on drugs?? and why do they go soo well with each other? Cheers

2. dj_c

dj_c Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I love it mate!

Download some Andy C or something, he's got some fucking awesome sets that just go so well, drum&bass always helps me come up ;) It gives me a little high listening to it whilst soaber for some reason too. I've liked it before I started using xtc too.

Andy C - Live at Slammin Vinyl NYE - 2004.mp3 - This is what i've listened too on the last 2 or 3 sessions whilst in that coming up stage and it just brings me up a treat.

Also a new(ish) album out here in the UK is Jungle Drum&Bass Anthems, Wicked album m8! - Some of the tunes are pretty trippy too! :)Edited by: dj_c

3. billyloner

billyloner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o

most dance music goes well with e because it is such a fundamental part of the evolution of the music. from e'd up parties in detroit to illegal open-air raves in england. i mean, drum n bass music basically came out of the early 90s uk hardcore scene, which was saturated with e - everybody was on it. like the early prodigy stuff (in fact i think liam was the first person to coin the term drum n bass on the "experience" album).people on e will make music that sounds good on e, i guess.

however the real reason they go so well is because drum n bass is so fucking mental most of the time, and you can never have to much bass when your trashed [​IMG]Edited by: billyloner

4. Iggypoop

Iggypoop Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    E's and D&B do def have a synergy, anything bangin' seems to tho! I'm not sure wether its technically d&b prolly more jungle but 'aphrodite- aftershock' is a really good listen, i dont usually like that sort of stuff when sober but this is just great anytime!

5. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If at a large rave, I find that I cant keep out of the trance room if I
    am up. Although we just beer or nothing, I'll spend many hours in the
    D'n'B room.

6. shneddi

shneddi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    they go so well together as the beat is fast , and you mind is working much quicker.

was about to sujest Andy C too , or DJ Hype

7. billyloner

billyloner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o

is this the one mixed by mickey finn and nicky blackmarket? if so i have it on my harddirve somewhere, not listened yet though but i might give it a go soon if its good. i like mickey fiin though, have some of his older sets from like 94 and theyre pretty cool. gotta love "origin unknown - valley of the shadows"Edited by: billyloner

8. dj_c

dj_c Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yes, That's right, CD2 is probably the best, Has the old chopper tune on it too! Love it! [​IMG]

9. bubaloo

bubaloo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    shit, my first D&b night was so awesome, i think i must have danced for about 4 hours straight.
    Follow this link for some cool D&b, the aphrodite stuff is cool:

link

10. rick420

rick420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yer drum n bass is just pure donnige, i think its better then trance for extasy

yer andy c, dj ss, dj zinc any of them really, and if it has some mc'ing in it you will go mad!

11. xpr´k

xpr´k Newbie

Reputation Points:
    on E every music is awesome :) .

As far as DnB goes (not reallya fan but i used to be in a .uk clan and mym8 kept sending me songs) I like )EiB( aka Bad company alot , try finding there Liveset from radio1 . That set is pure ownage even for non fans .

12. Sick Jack

Sick Jack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    DnB even without drugs is awesome too [​IMG]

13. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    Odd. I thought it was the opposite. I heard that in my country E was responsible for halting the breakthrough of D 'n B and for the success of "kickbeat" or whatever they call that genre. It's this music that you can make in 15 minutes with some music software. Stuff like Da Boy Tommy. The argument behind it is that E makes deep beats feel better.

14. ramjet

ramjet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    funny - drum and base reallybrings me down when I'm rolling: it actually makes me feel a lot worse,anxious, apprehensive and paraboid. Normally I don't mind it, but on EI find it far too aggressive and fast paced and it really doesn my head in. I much prefer soul, funk, house, breakbeator even just straight forward indie or rock when I'm rolling. The breezy, earthy retro electronic tunes combined with a pounding but funky bass line really does the trick for me. Maybe it's just down to personal taste?

15. BrandonAA

BrandonAA Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i went to a house party recently and they had a few DJ's, a jam band and such. but by 1:30 or something all the opther DJ's were spinning drum and bass. actually the sickest shit came from some kid with a sampler, a mixer and a metronome. he wasn't fuckin around. he had people screamin' and me and m,y friends didn't even go to the party to dance we just went for the free beer.we must've danced for two hours easily, i was soaking wet from sweat and beer. i was dancing with chics, it was rowdy. so no you don't necessarily need to be on E pills (we were all just piss cock drunk) but i would imagine i'd love it, and i don't even roll. when that bass drops, it never stops!

16. blackwolf

blackwolf Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I found a really trippy dnb mix, It goes great with those rides to the
    afterhours or even just a houseparty. check it out. Its actually my favorite
    mix ATM.
    heres where you down load it though...
    http://necron99.com

EZ

17. Sick Jack

Sick Jack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    www.drumandbass.ch

On this site weg page (swiss portal for DnB events), you fill find a download section full of nice and long dj's sets (including one of Andy C).

Enjoy the bass ! [​IMG] Edited by: Sick Jack

18. oldman

oldman Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    people who like e usually make music they think will go with that mood -- trance, chilled, D&B, I think D&B is good because of the thundering sounds in clubs feel like they are resonating your heart beat. You have no choice but to go along with it. My bro spins in well I probably shouldn't say what city but its a big one. I don't know alont about the artists except that his favorite is a New Zealand band called Concord Dawn. I also think D&B works because it goes limp now and again so people are jsut weaving and slidingaround slowly and then BAM that beat just sucks you up like a vortex.

19. ACiD TRiP xxx

ACiD TRiP xxx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    DnB is the shit mate.

I'll be seeing Andy C, Hype, Zinc, Pendulum, Goldie, Nicky Blackmarket,
    Friction, Eksman, Skibadee, Fearless, IC3, Shabba D and many more this
    saturday at West Fest.

Jesus, I'm so excited!

20. Bojangles

Bojangles Newbie

Reputation Points: