Experiences - Drunken people, arguments and ill thought out promiscuity.

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Akewstick, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Come on, I need to be told that what happened to his flimsy little world during one alcohol fueled night is only as bad as what happens all over the world when people get hammered and decide that they can pull ANYONE, or that soandso deserves a good hard slap in the face and takes it upon themselves to serve up the justice.

What are your stories about people acting like fuckers under the influence?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  2. INodHardOhYeah

INodHardOhYeah Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'll go ahead and tell you what you want to hear.
    It's okay little buddy, everyone gets fucked up and does dumb shit every now-and-then.
    The truth is though, it doesn't have to happen, but it will happen to the best of us. As to feeling like you can pull ANYONE, that's not always true, but what is true is you can always hook up with SOMEONE. In actuality you shouldn't trouble yourself with trying too hard, because when you get to a certain point who really cares any more?

It's all a numbers game, a case study from three weeks ago at a party in [large midwest college]:

The formula:
    Hey [non-invasive term of endearment, not sexy/bitch/slut etc.] + arbitrary non-invasive/comical question + proposition.

-Hey cutie, what's your favorite dinosaur?
    -(laugh) umm.. a terradactyl! (they usually get pretty excited about this)
    -No way, mine too! I have one in my room do you want to come see it? (implying: do you want to go upstairs to a random bedroom and fool around)
    -this is where they either say yes or no, if they say no you can try and finagle them but the point is not to try to work too hard. When you realise it's not going to happen, walk away and try it on someone who didn't over hear you.

On this particular occasion, putting in almost zero effort it took 5 tries and just under 20 minutes, and I didn't get slapped once because I kept everything light.

Sometimes it will take you 1 try, sometimes it will take 14, but the truth stands that there is always SOMEONE who wants to hook up with you.

Oh and that guy you think is looking at you, usually isn't, and even if he is there is no need to walk over to him and get your ass kicked.

3. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Whoa whoa whoa, I didn't say I was the one being a twat, actually what he was talking about is him having a hard time trying to avoid drunken twats and calm people down when they're worked up about fuck all. SWIM dosen't need advice on how to not be a bastard when he's pissed, and if he happened to accidentally be a bastard (as he has done countless times in the past) he'll forget about it and move on.

4. grecian

grecian Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from aruba
    A friend has this problem that whenever he is drunk he gets really emotional and starts crying wherever he is. Like at his birthday we all went out to a club in london called metro, anyway this place is a shithole metal place which none of us like except the crying birthday guy. Anyway we are all drunk as fuck trying to make the best of the night for this guys birthday and the we see him sat down by some random guy crying his eyes out to him. Needless to say we were pissed off but we worked out that nite if noone showed him any sympathy and just told him to liven himself up then he sorts himself out.

As for pulling anyone, you might aswell try. When you are old and grey (no offence meant to old and grey mebers) you don't wanna look back at your life and regret things. Word to the wise though, all alcohol facilitates in this sense is numbing the fear of rejection, if you can do this without alcohol then you're onto a winner.

5. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    That's the kinda stuff I'm talking about, I can imagine your mate crying openly in a club is an awesome way to bring the mood down.

SWIM can remember countless times where the most incredible soul-crushingly dramatic series of events has unfolded over the course of a night, and his life will never be the same again, there is no light at the end of the tunnel, and the sum total of the reasons for going on living are sketchy and few in number.

I will wake up from these believing what he thought about them at the time to be true, because we don't remember events, we remember our experience of events. And if our experience was warped by alcohol, then in our memories, it's easy to assume that everything was as incredible as you thought it was at the time.

I will sometimes truly believe that all these awful things happened that he can't ever get over for 2, sometimes 3 days, and in that time will think about little else. But always, usually around the 48 hour mark, I will have thought about the events enough to forget his interpretation of them and be left with the cold hard facts. Only then does SWIM realise that what was once something so catastrophic he previously thought it could only happen in a soap opera, was in actual fact, two people misunderstanding each other and getting too angry. Or someone wanting to fuck someone who didn't want to be fucked. Or someone who was pissed off that they'd lost their phone and was taking it out on their friends.

Sometimes it's so hard, even after one or two days of sobriety to realise that no matter how real it seems, it's just drunk people doing drunk things, thinking drunk thoughts, and fucking their heads up.

Alcohol is an evil, evil, beautiful thing.

Editted to add: also, a great way to get completely socially mind-fucked is to do 550mg of DXM and then go out with a big group of friends, you being the only one on anything but alcohol, and everyone else getting drunk as quick as they can, for extra measure, add lots of sexual tension and aggression, then just sit back and watch the madness, see how long you can last before they drag you in and make your brain melt.