1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Duration of snorted ritalin?

Discussion in 'Concerta & Ritalin' started by beachball1, Dec 26, 2004.

1. beachball1

beachball1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Just wondering how long it takes for ritalin to get out of your system, enabling you to sleep, and if mixing alcohol with ritalin is dangerous ?

Thanks

2. i like wimmins

i like wimmins Newbie

Reputation Points:
    From personal experience, I can say that I have found mixing the two to be safe - in fact, I find that drinking is conducive to a good nights sleep when amphetamines are keeping you awake.

3. lancelot

lancelot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yeah, alcohol takes the edge off ritalin.

4. William_Again

William_Again Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Yeah, when I drink I usually get drunk and tired and fall asleep (or
    passout) but when I take ritalin or adderall before hand I will stay up
    and sober up. I also find taking a stimulant before drinking helps with
    the hangover, I find hangovers to be the worst thing ever. I have no
    clue to how safe it is to mix the two other than that they are both
    going to dehydrate you very much so plenty of water.

5. JayC27

JayC27 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o Male
    (< I would like to know the duration also of snorting ritalin,,,whats a safe gap in between dose, so you can binge without hospital visit??????

6. f12button

f12button Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    If you snort ritalin, it'll have the same exact effect as if you swallowed it. The only difference would be if it was extended-release.

Usually (non-extended release) ritalin has a half-life of about 4 hours, so if you take a big dose i'd say in 4-6 hours it would be safe to take another dose.

Ritalin has no real problem with alcohol unless you take a high dose, or are taking Concerta...i don't know why concerta, that's just from my friend's experience. Too much alchohol though usually has bad effects -- you'll get violent, emotional, etc, even more so than just being drunk. It's different for everyone, though.

7. Interdrummer

Interdrummer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from brazil
    you are missing that when ritalin is snorted it is absorved much faster than orally, so it means peak plasma levels of the drug a lot more stronger. What we want to know is how long the effects will last if you snort the ritalin, its obviously that last shorter. In my experiencies 40-60 mg snorted, the good high las usualy only 1 hour, but sometimes it last 2 hours maximum. But after it you still feel agitated, no hungry, inmsonia etc. But the comedown isn't so bad like cocaine. And I must say, in my opinion ritalin is almost euphoric as cocaine, but not as addictive. And bealive, I have a long historic abuse of cocaine. Have fun with it!

Interdrummer added 9 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

What I fell when I mix the two drugs is that it becomes a lot more difficult to get drunk. You drink too much and still fell sober. Its a nice combo anyways, and I dont think that it can be dangerous.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  8. Sanwi

Sanwi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    All of these replies are very misleading. First of all, snorting Ritalin peaks pretty quickly, and only lasts about an hour (my friend Bob knows this both from research and experience). Secondly, in the presence of alcohol, Ritalin can form ethylphenidate, which is more toxic than methylphenidate alone. From what Bob understands, it's probably not going to kill you, but considering the original toxicity of alcohol and ritalin on the liver, combining them is probably not the best idea. If you are looking for something just to take the edge of the jitteryness of the ritalin, Bob recommends Kava! The stuff is amazing - look it up on the forums here!

Short version: Go for it, but your liver won't thank you. Stay hydrated! Also, snorting ritalin last about an hour.

Sanwi added 2 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Oh, one more thing: Even though the "high" from snorting ritalin will wear off in about an hour, you probably won't be able to sleep for up to two hours.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012