DXM and Brainwave Entrainment

Discussion in 'DXM' started by ambrosius, Sep 28, 2005.

1. ambrosius

ambrosius Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Experimenting with binaural frequencies on DXM

Find something to mess with delta, theta, etc. waves. (I believe CoolEdit does this)

Apply to ambient music you like or lengthy sound effects, and listen while on the 2nd or preferably 3rd or 4th plateau with eyes closed.

My friend made a waterfall. I made some bizarre cavern with a guy hitting people with fish (we both have home studios).

Has anyone else tried this?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2009
  2. weed mania

weed mania Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i have no idea what your talking about can you explain

3. ambrosius

ambrosius Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    The brain is on certain frequencies when it's in certain states of mind. Delta, theta, etc waves are a high frequency panning between the left and right speakers (works best on headphones). The brain naturally syncs up to these patterns, but moreso on dissociatives.

Delta is dreamless sleep and theta is REM sleep...Now imagine dreaming what you're hearing while you're still awake...

4. weed mania

weed mania Newbie

Reputation Points:
    well that has happened to me before i drempt i was in someones brain walking around

5. ambrosius

ambrosius Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I did that on salvia once. Evidently, my brain is run by gnomes.

6. Loser

Loser Newbie

Reputation Points:
    lmao... funny.. so whats some good programs to control this?

7. ambrosius

ambrosius Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    CoolEdit does it. Basically you load a wav file in, pick the frequency, and put the file in a place you can find it when you're on the 3rd plateau. Listen to it with headphones and close your eyes.

Theres a list of frequencies to try here http://www.lunarsight.com/freq.htm

I haven't tried this with actual music. Just ambience and soundscape type things. If anyone gets any interesting tracks to try this with, let me know.

8. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I would just like to point out that DXM use greatly enhances the potency of brainwave entrainment (can't be bothered to explain it).

Entrainment can be used without drugs to achieve altered states through meditation etc, but combined with DXM (which greatly alters sensory perception and processing etc) it can make for hugely powerful experiences.

Just a thought.

~Dark

9. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Interesting. Swim tells me that meditation causes a powerful enhancement of CEVs on DXM, 2C-E, and just about every other chemical he plays with. He also says that falling asleep on a psychedelic or DXM leads to an experience more like nuclear-powered tripping than dreaming, yet he still wakes up refreshed.

ECL