1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Experiences - Dxm and oxycontin

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by wrek1, Jan 8, 2012.

1. wrek1

wrek1 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I have heard that having some cough syrup or caps containing DXM makes the dose of oxycontin or most opiates more potent. Has anyone had the combination and is this true or anybody heard this to? I got told if the dxm taken at 1mg per kg you get the same effects if only taking half the usual dose if oxycontin .... eg I am prescribed 80mg oxy twice a day so if I was to take 70mg dxm would I feel the same if I only took half the prescribed dose of oxy? Just wondering if this is true or not, I'm not about to try it but just want peoples opinions and experiences

2. wazup7

wazup7 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM thinks that DXM does potentiate his Oxycodone, maybe not 2x, but he would say about a 10% boost in perceived effects.

3. DillyD

DillyD

Reputation Points:
    I did it twice and both times I had a mild seizure. It was so scary I will not attempt again. My tolerance was about 90 mg of oxy and took 210mg dxm. May just be my body chemistry that cause the seizures but too scary for me to do again for sure. I just advise you to experiment with a little first and see how your body reacts (hopefully not the way mine did)

4. TurboGolf

TurboGolf

Reputation Points:
    i read somewhere that taking DXM daily or before doses of Oxy helps you feel the full effects of the Oxy , not really enhance it much more, as in if your tolerance is like 50 MG of oxy and sometimes you take 50 MG and feel really good , and other times you take it, you feel good but for less amount of time, i heard it like keeps your tolerance at 50 so you don't have to dose at 60 if you do it everyday.. like it helps 'control' your tolerance and keep it level , but im not really sure myself cuz i havent tried it

5. Cnas

Cnas Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Details:
    Female 109
    Take Percocet 10mg 3 as daily
    After a bit of research in the forums I took measures to potentiate my doses. Such as taking hydroxyzine 25 mg and DXM 20mg. Since I’m just starting to potentiate I started low. Also was out of my Percocet’s for a week so my tolerance is spot onJ! I’m glad I did this, I feel great! Here are the details on the recipe & regimen I used:
    Swallowed ½ of a 25mg Hydroxyzine @ 11:00 A.M.
    Snorted 5mg of Percocet @ 11:30 A.M.
    w/ ½ of a 25mg Hydroxyzine
    Swallowed 5mg Percocet
    Added 20mg DXM
    Good combination! Only side effect was slight shakiness. Time now is 2:00 p.m. and is still buzzed. J

Cnas added 58 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

It is suppose to say Female 190 lbs.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  6. chronicbackpainfibroguy

chronicbackpainfibroguy

Reputation Points:
    If I could make some polite recommendations.

First, snorting Percocet is a bad idea because of the Acetaminophen contained in them.Not only does it burn like a MF but APAP is in the Percs in a much larger quantity than the oxy. Taken in this manner is not going to yield the best results IMHO.You'd be better off to do a CWE to get rid of the APAP. As for snorting Hydroxyzine, I can't see that there is any benefit to taking it that route vs orally.

As for the DXM I would be careful with that. You don't sound like you have much in the way of experience and you're just winging it. That's how people wind up in the morgue, with all due respect. I would suggest that if you want to continue on with the DXM you do some research on "Robo Tripping"

All in all I would suggest that you slow down and do some research. Those little Percs aren't going to be much of a buzz for long and when you try or succeed to get stronger stuff your approach is going to get you in trouble IMHO.

Just some suggestions for your own welfare and meant with the kindest of intentions.