Oral use - DXM Basics

Discussion in 'DXM' started by RoboCop, Jul 9, 2005.

1. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Please post info and questions on the basics of Dextromethorphan here.Ways of use, Dosage, Background, toxicity, etc...

Posts on this thread need to be well thought out basics of DXM. Posts without significant content are not wanted and will be removed. No questions, just the basics for beginners to DXM.Edited by: RoboCop

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2007
  2. Loser

Loser Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Personal opinion on dosage but ill share:

A.This is new to intermediate experience

100-300 - first plateau
    300-600 - second plateau
    600-1gram - third plateau
    1gram+ fourth plateau

B. Next part is same but on empty stomach.

80-200 - first plateau
    200-350 - second plateau
    350-600 - third plateau
    600+ - fourth plateau

A1. Experienced users
    (effects are less noticable at lower plateaus, and some smaller enjoyable effects are gone ( less music euphoria))

250-400 first plateau
    400-800 - second plateau
    800-1000 - third plateau
    + - fourth

B1. Same but on empty stomach

150-350 -first plateau
    350-600 - second plateau
    600- 800 - third plateau
    + - fourth plateau

ABOVE NUMBERS CAN VARY SLIGHTLY OR DRASTICALLY!!!

3. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    very basic but...

1. use dxm only products

2. some of the sugar free syrups are not reccommended for high dosage

3.dont go into your first experience thinkin ur all hardcore and take a rediculous 4th plateu dose or something, this drug can be a little overwhelming at first if u havent done it before.

4. obviousdont use dxm if currently onMAOI's, widely known but important

5. always have a fairly organized/safe enviroment if unexperienced. for ex. dont have dishes all over ur floor along with clothes and shit, wouldnt wanna be knockin shit over while ur trippin if u know what i mean.

6. always know your dose and double check calculations to make sure you know what your actually taking. common example is when people buy vicks thinking their getting more to find out later its condiserably less. wouldnt wanna take too much either.

7. dont follow dosage guides like the one above exactly ( no offense loser, its a great general guide) but as we all know everyone is different it is ok and a good idea to refer to guides like this so u at least have an idea. know your body and your mind and how u react to drugs, make a personal judgment on whats right for you. those dosages would work well for most people tho.

8. most of all have a great time, and mabey a puke bucket ready, even if u dont feel like your gonna puke its better safe than sorry. a couple times i woulda been cleaning up my floor if i wasnt prepared[​IMG]

here is a link to erowids dxm section.

here's a Timeline on dxm from erowids also.Edited by: bcStoner420

4. reptile

reptile Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    Some tips I've learned on how not to puke:

Don't take it if you feel sick. [duhh]

If it's a big amount, break it down and take small amounts over the course of 30-45 mins.

Chug desired amount of DXM syrup, then without breathing, switch to orange juice and chug it too, swish it around your mouth too to get most of the taste out before you taste it.

Don't move. Chill and watch TV for an hour.

Eat crackers.

If you feel like you gotta puke, then puke and you'll feel a whole lot better. However, I've noticed this effects the trip and tones it down, so try not to puke right away. ;]

That's what's worked for me.

5. Loser

Loser Newbie

Reputation Points:
    no its not... dont do do... i dont want to reply to your post here but u must be told that is not the way to go... that is dangerous...

300 should have affected u.. if it didnt there is the possibility u are of the few who are naturally "immune" so to speak... research on this... dont go out and do something crazy.. u could ruin it for all of us... and itch is common... but doesnt always happen and goes away... and are u sure u didnt feel anything? not dizzy? drunk? happy? into music? think alot? visualize? nothing?

Please be smart and not assume that higher is better way to go... a lil is alot when it comes to dxm and many other drugs.. u cant jump plateaus and very easily...

6. D-termine

D-termine Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    ALWAYS take a claritin to avoid itching, sometimes two if going for a high amount.

Buy from Target, its like xxxxxx a bottle which is 300mg.

Smoke weed with it, makes the trip THAT much better.

Sometimes spacing out doses is good

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2006
  7. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    i say try something in the range of 354mg. That is a 4oz bottle of Robo Max, and that is what lots of people start with. Defentally dont go jumping to above 400mg. That could lead to some wicked bad times.

Muirner

8. billbong

billbong Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Do NOT exceed 18 oz. also i've read about a 5th platue by taking low level 2 dose high l2 low l2 and finaly a low level 3. it's supposed to b a lot different to any other plateues, more info is accesible from google, but i havn't (yet) tried it myself so am only commenting from reading

9. Loser

Loser Newbie

Reputation Points:
    also called plateau sigma... good informatin on it in white's faq...

10. Loser

Loser Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yes u can build a tolerance.. i myself and others here have... i have been doing it for about a year now.

And my tolerance is more of the loss of most good parts of the drug or most effects really.. basically the only things that i do get it i become out of it where i but not much fun stuff... that and orgasm is inhibited. so i just kinda become quiet and my thoughts go away and i lose a couple hours and thats basically the trip. not much there anymore which sucks cause i miss it alot.

So basically i use it to have long periods of sex lol.

11. serpent

serpent Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i have found 125mgs to potentiate heroin,making it twice as powerful,yet leaving no comedo0wn the next day.thats with a quarter gram of h smoked.if i take 250 mgs dxm with my h,i get full blown hallucinations,like talking to people who arent there,which tends to detract from the opiate high,but still leaves me with no opiate withdrawl.i have used h on average once a week for the last year,only recently discovering that if i mix it with dxm i dont get a comedown.i think there is a scientific paper on this somewhere,documenting the fact that opiate users only needed to use half their usual amount of opiates when taken with dxm.it also lengthened the opiate high by 25%.be carefull though,bfore i knew of this interaction i took a gram of dxm,i started getting a panic attack and took 2x30mgs dihydrocodeine on top of already taking 2xdhc about an hour before.i ended up in hospital with an opiate overdose,my first one in 15 years of using opiates.there is a very powerful potentiating synergy between opiates and dxm,do not use opiates with dxm if you have a large amount of dxm in your system.

12. swanprincess75

swanprincess75 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Please dont laugh at me cause I am so new to the "lingo". Comes with the territory of being "out of the loop" for a few years I quess!! But, what the heck is DMX??? Sounds to me that it is over the counter, and if that's it than man, please do tell!!![​IMG] I am in need of something new to try and cant seem to get my hands on anything I really want at this time!!

13. PenguinPhreak

PenguinPhreak Newbie

Reputation Points:
    First of all its DXM, not DMX. It is a dissociative drug found in many
    cough medicines. Also if you are willing to look around a bit you can
    purchase pure DXM powder online. It is a very interesting drug, but it
    is very important to make sure you do the proper research before
    jumping right in. And the most important thing, make sure if you get
    medicine, the *ONLY*</span> active ingredient is DXM. A good place to start learning about the drug is www.dextroverse.org

14. swanprincess75

swanprincess75 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the info!! Sorry about that, but I guess I was mentally referring to the "DM" part in cough syrup. Icaught on now, cause after I posted I saw a few more forums on it!! Actually, I just hopped to my medicine cabinet and to my surprise, I found a nice little bottle of Robitussin. See, all I wanted was something to get the egde of cause stress is in my life at this time from work. So, I managed to get a sweet little buzz offof 50mg and I think I will stick to that dose to stay sane cause there is children in the house. Edge is off, and actually imfeeling very sociable. Far cry from SWIM's love of "perks", but it'll do!!

PS. I just noticed that I had a couple of bottles of some no namer medicine that has 15mg/5ml of DXM, and some of that pseudo stuff in it that they make METH from. Would that work also and be a little more stronger??

15. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Wrong move. Psuedo-ephedrine is a stimulant which, if used in excess, can cause heart problems or worse. Do NOT do that. If you decide to take dextromethorphan as a recreational substance, follow the advice of Penguin: Make sure the only active ingredient is DXM. Other than that, using any drug to combat stress, unless you are under medical care, is quite liable to backfire and make your stress even greater when the drug wears off. Psychoactives are best used to augment a happy time in life. Using them to try to rid yourself of anxiety/stress invites a rebound effect with interest tacked on. Try a different approach. Maybe a nice bath with some bubbles? You understand. Edited by: nagognog2

16. swanprincess75

swanprincess75 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hey thanks for the info and the advice!! I think as long as the kiddies are in the house I will stick to a nice HOT bath with bubbles and maybe a sweet glass of Merlot!! Once in awhile I will do a VERY small joint to relax even more and go straight to bed!! My parents come in once and awhile and visit us then con us into letting them have the kids for a weekend here and there. (not really a con LOL) So I think that's when my husband and I will experience new things when responsiblity is not in the house!! Know what I mean??

BTW, I am 30[​IMG]

17. wann

wann Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    I think this should be in the basics: don't mix with alcohol. There
    other drugs DXM shouldn't be mixed with I suppose, but all I can name
    from mind + experience is alcohol.

18. Goa Trip

Goa Trip Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.K.
    From what i have read you calculate a mg/kg dose by taking the total amount of dextromethorphan ingested, and dividing that by your weight in kg. (If you only know your weight in pounds, divide that by 2.2 to get your weight in kg.)

First plateau (1.5-2.5 mg/kg).

Above around 1.5 mg/kg, recreational effects of DXM start becoming apparent. Most describe the sensation as sort of like being a little drunk and a little stoned at the same time. No hallucinations occur at this level. Only psychedelic effects are that some notice that colors seem "different", such as deeper or richer. Some also notice sound is changed. Some people like the effect dextromethorphan has on sound, and particularly with music. This is known as music euphoria. However, others find DXM makes music sound terrible, sort of tinny and distorted. Only way to know for you is to listen to music on dextromethorphan and see if you like it. At this plateau one isn’t overly intoxicated, and could possibly even enjoy DXM use at this level in social situations. Moving about is quite easy, and some enjoy this on first plateau. Again, this is a matter of taste, and may not be true for you. For most people, nothing really bad will happen at this level, unless they do something stupid like get behind the wheel of a car, or use where they are in an unsafe environment. Strangely, relatively few recreational DXMers report usage at first plateau levels. However, for some it is fun, and beginners may enjoy it more than the experienced user.

Second plateau. (2.5-7.5mg/kg).

THIS plateau is the where most recreational dextromethorphan usage takes place. Particularly, this is the level where the visual hallucinations begin to occur, and are enjoyed the best by most. DXM visual hallucinations aren’t like those of any other drug. Certainly dextromethorphan is vastly different in effects than LSD or 'shrooms. With DXM, hallucinations are only really noticeable in a dark room with eyes shut (of course, if the room is totally pitch black, then it doesn’t make a difference whether your eyes are open or not.) These are known as CEVs, or closed eye visual hallucinations. These consist of sheets, swirls and blobs of color that move about. Rarely is anything that looks "real" seen. Sort of a light show in your head. The exact nature of what is seen varies from person to person, and this is hard to put into words. Many find these hallucinations enjoyable, but they can get boring if you do dextromethorphan too often. It is these hallucinations that are the most appealing aspect of DXM for most.

At second plateau levels, some feel a "body high" that is pleasant, while others don’t get this effect. Unfortunately, negative physical effects, like nausea, often tend to overwhelm the pleasant body buzz. Many a DXMer has puked from using the drug. No way of knowing how fun the body buzz will be until you try DXM at these levels.

At second plateau levels, physical coordination is impaired. You may stagger around a bit. Also, double vision is a hallmark of dextromethorphan at second plateau, so if you have to move, shut one eye. Most users at this level don’t need a sober trip sitter, although it can’t hurt to have one, particularly with early usage at a given level until you know the effects. If you don’t have a sitter at second plateau, just make sure you won’t knock anything over, and the environment you are in is safe and controlled

Third plateau (7.5-15mg/kg)

At third plateau, the psychotomimetic (psychosis like) effects of dextromethorphan take over. Hallucinations are still there, but it is likely the altered state of consciousness will be the dominating factor of the experience. Sensory input can be seriously impaired, particularly vision. Logic and causality easily break down once you get to the third plateau levels. Notions that are totally bizarre may seem to make perfect sense. It is very east to become extremely delusional and disoriented. One might also recall forgotten or repressed memories at these levels. The effects vary so greatly that there is no "typical" third plateau trip. Just expect it to be overwhelming. Depending on how things go, this could make for a good or bad trip. Unfortunately, for most, at this level trips tend to go bad. Although, ironically, it is often the case that the bad trips are the ones that you learn the most from. Needless to say, one can see the importance of a sober trip sitter at this level. Many still can move about at third plateau levels, and unintentionally or intentionally harm themselves. The sitter at third plateau is mostly there to make sure the tripper doesn’t do anything stupid. Something serious possibly could come up that would require calling an ambulance, but it is unlikely that this would be needed at third plateau.

Fourth plateau (15-30 mg/kg; although dosing beyond 20 mg/kg is not advisable, nor needed, for most people.)

At this level, total mind/body dissociation occurs. The tripper loses some or all contact with his external senses, and is unable to move or respond to stimuli. He/she is in his own imaginary universe, while the sitter is watching to make sure the tripper doesn’t choke on his/her own vomit, go into seizures, or otherwise need medical attention. As for what the experience is, anything is possible. Some have hallucinated contacts with god(s), alien beings, seeing bizarre worlds, and other strange effects, along with completely irrational thinking. Dosage at this level is far from safe, and should done only by those who have taken dextromethorphan at third plateau levels before, and have done so with positive outcomes. Even in that case, considering the known risks of dextromethorphan with respect to brain damage (and the fact this risk is greatest at fourth plateau levels), remember the brain you may be frying will be yours. Thus, don’t even think about use at these sorts of doses unless you fully understand and accept the high risk involved. Also, NEVER, EVER use at this level without a SOBER trip sitter.

from http://www.dextromethorphan.ws/dxmguide.htm

19. Loser

Loser Newbie

Reputation Points:
    good info... but u seem to be scaring people from higher plateaus... good advice...

and yes bad trips can and have happened... but from experience know
    that these bad trips are nothing like other drugs... they are out
    there... but you so far gone... bad can one instant change too good...
    and you may have a bad experience but it just doesnt feel overwhelming
    or anything in that sort of way... i would say not even as bad as a
    drunken bad trip... cause even tho it maybe overwhelming you so far
    gone that it doesnt seem that bad or scary or anything.. at higher
    plateaus u seem to lose your emotions... so dont worry to much about a
    bad trip cause mindset it very important...

so dont take my words... take some of everyones and the above post...
    and some of mine.. mix it together to understand... and then work your
    way up... be safe and you'll have fun...

a definate way to get to know oneself and the world around u...

great advice tho... very true and informative... just a bit negative to me... thanks tho...

20. Goa Trip

Goa Trip Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.K.
    I didn't want to scare anyone away from the higher levels as i have always enjoyed being at least at a high 3rd plateau. It was just kind of a heads up as to what could happen. I have done DXM quiet alot and have never had a bad trip. saw lots of crazy stuff and pondered even crazier. i recommened everyone get to the 3 plateau at least once.

Just to give everyone an idea what it can be like. I was trippin on DXM with a few friends of mine. One ofmy friendscame in to the bed room where were chillingon the bedwatch some lasers on the ceiling. He said " Hey you guys come over here, i want you to meet my brothers" (who were in texas at the time)but for a few minin his mind though they were actually in my living room LOL.Edited by: Goa Trip