DXM + Cocaine - bad idea?

Discussion in 'DXM' started by addicted2hc, Jan 14, 2006.

1. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    DXM + Coke a bad idea? Will SWIM end up getting sick? I did his last line probably 30 minutes ago and has 2 4oz bottles of Robitussin,

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2009
  2. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    bc- question... I read in another thread, someone was advising against adderol and DXM because of the intense effects you get while on it can cause a heart attack, anyways, wouldnt this be the same?

Muirner

3. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    BC, you do not see a problem with this combo???! DXM and cocaine, taken together, can overstimulate the heart, causing all sorts of problems. Though the potential danger is dependent on the amount taken of each, the heart rate will shoot up quite significantly. Muirner, thank you for pointing out the DXM and adderal incident. Though the guy was taking opiates as well, the amphetamine and DXM combo could potentially cause problems on their own.

The cocaine and DXM combo is not a death sentance, but it's not a safe combo in the least. If you are insistant on taking both, keep the doses on the low and safe side. Expect a very high heart rate, and be aware that this could reap havoc on your cardiovascular system if done repeatedly, or in high doses.

4. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Well firstly, was he talking about still using throughout the night while on dxm? or that he wasnt using the coke during the trip but had last done it 30 mins ago? I was thinking the second one, while this would still cause some stress on the heart, not as much as if you kept using throughout. I have actually not heard the adderall incident, but I knew people did it alot and seemed to be fine. It's not at the top of the list of dangers, but your right it still does have them, and I probly shoulda noted that. Although I do think if you had a healthy heart and were only doing it like once, you SHOULD be fine, still should tried to avoid any extra dangers though for sure.

5. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Why do you get worried about getting sick after you took both DXM and cocaine? Think before you act.

6. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Alfa, I think he ment that he did coke, and wants to know if it's ok to take the DXM.

7. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I wouldnt be comfortable doing coke when tripping on DXM just because of the effects that my good friend I have talked about. He mentions that when he smokes weed while tripping on DXM he feels the effects of the weed by about 10x. it's more crazy then any other way of smoking pot. He just needs to smoke about two hits.

With this being said, i would be nervous that i'd have a heart racing attack, and get sick. I tend to get worked up very quick when tripping and this would make me lean very very far away from coke, just because it'd be way to much. I think it's inviting problems

Muirner

8. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I had not taken DXM at the time that i posted the thread, so I did think before i acted. BUT, i must say... it was not a cool trip. It lasted long into the next day and i felt like shit. I had thoughts that i was going to be permanently fucked up. My body felt so hot that my shirt felt good just touching my skin.

I would DEFINATELY advise against this combo, even if you wait 30 minutes to an hour after doing the last line of coke.

9. kaliwraith

kaliwraith Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: How to keep down DXM?

I used dxm once or twice per day 30 times in a month (some days off and some days doubled) and experienced NO nausea. After suddenly discontinuing this addictive sort of behavior without any trouble because of a full time job (without time for dxm, he barely thought of doing it at all), SWIM noticed that every time he has used dxm since, the nausea experienced has increased to the point of consistently vomiting the last few times.

So the other week, SWIM dosed 300 mg via the usual robitussin cough gels (a lot for him as he is 6'1" and weighs 135 lbs) but began blowing lines with a friend for the next two hours chatting while he waited for the purge to come. Surprisingly, he only experienced one bout of nausea that lasted about 10 seconds the whole night. It seems to him that the nausea is generated from thinking about the act of ingesting the dxm, and most people would agree that when one is on blow, he is mostly only thinking about one thing - more blow - and not nausea from dxm one took earlier.

10. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

DXM and cocaine is a dangerous combination.

ECL

11. kaliwraith

kaliwraith Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

How dangerous? I wasn't able to find much information on this. It just seems to be safe at the dosage levels I prefer for each - I would try more than 375mg (my max dose ever) but my stomach dreads it enough not to bother - and I generally prefer small lines/bumps to big rails. I am quite happy with the feeling of being on cocaine without being tweaked out. I've never used more than .35 g in one night.

12. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Both DXM and cocaine are quite hard on the heart. Mixing them is asking for trouble. There's a thread on this. Somebody asked if this combo would be OK and decided to try it despite numerous warnings. Never seen again. Use the search engine.