Experiences - DXM hallucinations

Discussion in 'DXM' started by RealGanjaMan, May 2, 2006.

1. RealGanjaMan

RealGanjaMan Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I was wondering, how many of you guys actually get full-blown hallucinations on 2nd 3rd and 4th platuea doses?

I have been trying for sometime now, with no luck. How much DXM do you usually take to experiance these hallucinations?

Thanks,
    -RGM

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2008
  2. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    In swim's experience, there aren't really full-blown open-eye visuals. There are really amazing closed-eye visuals though that I has found superior to any kind of open-eye visuals that she has yet to experience. There may be things like brightening of colors and lights and maybe a bit of the breathing-wall kind of thing going on at third plateau and fourth plateau doses. If you turn off the lights then you may see some things though.

3. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    swim never really got true hallicinations with dxm either, but then, swim never managed to hit the 3rd plateau. the closed eye visuals and visual distortions of the 2nd plateau were certainly interesting, and with the lights off, as bewilderment says, You can begin to see patterns or other visuals too. in my experience these are actually more pleasurable phenomena than the hallucinations gotten from other drugs.

4. RealGanjaMan

RealGanjaMan Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, in swims case, he drank 2 bottles of robo, containing 708mg's DXM. This was swims 6th experiance with DXM. He doesn't know wether he hit 3rd plateau or not, but he did not experiance any CEV's or OEV's. He had an intense buzz, loss/weakening of motor skills, dissociation, and a sense of "floating". Well I will try again in a couple weeks.

Peace,
    -RGM

5. Wojack420

Wojack420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Smoking :)smoking:) will make you hallucinate easier. AT 3rd plateau doses i get weird open eyed hallucinations like things looking way bigger or smaller then they usually are. I've been takin away to another world At 1440 Mg but everyones body is diff and substances affter everyone differently

6. bewilderment

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Good point, wojack. Swim usually smoked a little when taking dxm and this always kicked things up a notch. This is a quote from wikipedia regarding the nature of hallucinations when using dissociatives:
    Oh and I was just reading up on the type of hallucinations which make things look bigger or smaller and apparently the names for it are: Alice in Wonderland syndrome (AIWS), micropsia, Lilliput sight or Lilliputian hallucinations.

7. DxCore

DxCore Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am luck and his dosage is always quite low.

Although at his peak dose of 450mg ( a 3rd plateua trip) the visuals are only CEV's but Ones imagination runs wild and He deffinately feels dream like and in an alternate dimmension.

SWIM recalls slipping out of realization and lost about 30-40 minutes of the trip because his mind was elsewhere it was a life changing experience.

Safe trippin. (<

DxCore

8. bewilderment

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Dxcore, I understand completely about the life-changing experiences...dxm has changed my life in so many ways. It's changed my spiritual outlook and just world-view completely. Before dxm, I was a nihilist. I'm now agnostic with pantheistic leanings. Swim loves dissociatives. Swim's typical dose was 600 mg although I has ventured farther, but doesn't get much else out of higher doses which is probably attributed to her weight and gender. Swim wishes she had accesss to other safer dissociatives such as ketamine, but has not encounter this as of yet. Happy trails!

9. Mr Gregoire

Mr Gregoire Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Re: Hallucinations

once, swim drank an entire 12 oz. bottle of cough and cold robitussin and 2-3 hours into the trip I had open eye hallucinations (with the light off) while I was chillin in their room. this is how it happened

I was texting a friend on swims phone while lying in bed 2-3 hours into the trip and when swim rolled over onto their stomach they were transported to a backyard in a hammock at night with the main focus of being surrounded by grass, swim laughed at this and gleefully rolled back onto swim's back (and back to reality) later that night as I was chillin outside with their friend swim layed onto their back and was delighted to find that they were now in a jungle staring up at the trees and such, swim also noticed a strange cement wall which seemed to serve no purpose. I did not notice anything strange at this until they realized that they were in fact not in a jungle, and with this thought, the jungle disapeared. thats all the hallucinations I saw that night but swim hopes to experience more with a slightly higher dose (12 oz. bottle of robo + half an 8 oz. bottle)

10. bl0whydr0420

bl0whydr0420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o

I have gotten CEV's a number of times on DXM, never had OEV with anything except LSD and the good ole' magic mushroom tho. :laugh:

I am 5'11", 130lbs, if that plays a part.

every time I got the CEV, it was on a 1080mg - 1200mg dose of DXM HBr, and once on a roughly 900mg dose of DXM polistirex + 300mg DXM HBr (bottle of delsym syrup + bottle of robo gel capsules.)

The CEV were quite amazing tho. always had to be in completely darkness, in a cool place, with some sort of trance music or something playing. Swim traveled Egypt and visited the pyramids one trip, I has traveled through space and seeing the galaxies and such on others.. The mind is quite amazing haha.

swim once saw a chart that could guesstimate roughly how many mg's needed to reach each plateau, using your weight and a lil bit of math haha. I don't recall where, possibly erowid (but swim knows its out there !! )

11. Exc_quetz

Exc_quetz Silver Member

Reputation Points:

I have never gotten open-eye visuals from DXM, highest dose being 650mg. He did one time believe there was a dog in the room with him running around in the peripheral of his vision, only to look over and realize he was alone. This could have been a dream though, I amn't sure. SWIM fell asleep half way through his 650mg trip, and isn't sure if some of his memories from the trip were during consciousness or were just dreamt.

12. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Swim never had true hallucinations, like one might have with a deliriant, on DXM.

He often had powerful CEVs at the 3rd Plateau, however. He found meditating in darkness to lead to alien worlds; he could still snap out of it by opening his eyes, but he would sometimes forget to.

He had powerful OEVs at the 4th. There were times when he couldn't tell whether
    his eyes were open or closed. He once saw an armada of battleships sailing across his strangely-oceanlike concrete floor, firing rockets at each other.

ECL

13. FlyingNinja

FlyingNinja Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Maine, U.S.A.

I was pooping once on a 3rd plateu dose... flushed the toilet and said it felt like he flushed himself down the toilet

Swim once layed in bed while it felt like he was on a spinning, tilting amusement park ride.

Swim once "holed" on dxm and it felt like he was shooting down a waterslide and

14. jmakin

jmakin Newbie

Reputation Points:

I have had extremely vivid and even LSD-like closed eye visuals on low plateaus, (< 300 mg, low body weight about 4 mg/kg with a little tolerance too) where he was taken to a completely different reality, but very very lucid and clear, a little dreamlike, but not really.

but then again, it seems to affect his body a little differently than most people report

15. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Quote below from this thread.

16. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I think this is true. Whenever I would go-a-dexxing, his visions would usually incorporate themes from whatever he was doing just prior to dosing and during the come-up. Grand Theft Auto, Stop Stealing My Letters, TV shows, what have you.

ECL

17. Salvinorin A

Salvinorin A Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

SWIM always got hallucinations when...well nvm, he got them all the time. But when he got OEVs (which turned into an out of body....yeah it was cool).....he drank grapefruit juice...and took a form of DXM that hit really fast (Zicam).

The first time, cough syrup....gave swim CEVs (pretty weak ones, but still beautiful).

18. Graduisic

Graduisic Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.

when swii has full-blown OEVs on DXM, it is the most beautiful and amazing feeling he has ever felt. if swii is in just the right mood and smokes a little bud and listens to some good music, he will find himself sometimes sitting among the leaves in some divine forest with God

19. upperdecker

upperdecker Newbie

Reputation Points:

One of the very first times I tripped on DXM he ate about 40 triple c's (stupid, he knows now) and was just gone. Anyway, I went outside and looked at the sky and he swears up and down that the clouds turned into angels. And it was all stormy looking outside, I thought kthe apocalypse was gonna happen or something. SWIM's exact words were "oh my god". That is the only time SWIM ever had any visual hallucinations from DXM and he doesn't know why.

20. FlyingNinja

FlyingNinja Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Maine, U.S.A.
    SWIM just had a hallucination full on that everything was turned upside down. fucking awesome