DXM hydrobromide vs. polistirex (Delsym)

Discussion in 'DXM' started by par excellence., Jan 27, 2005.

1. par excellence.

par excellence. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    What's the difference? Which is better?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2008
  2. devil

devil Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Polistirex (Delsym) is designed to release slowly (like a capsule). I think most people here would vote for the hydrobromide?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2011
  3. Toxicity

Toxicity Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hydrobromide is definenately better, although that only my opinion. Polistirex takes way too long for you to become intoxicated, and to some, it's less powerfull then hydrobromide.

4. club222

club222 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I prefer the HBR also. Polistirex was a "different" trip, definitely not as strong as HBR.

5. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    DXM polistirex converts less of the DXM into DXO than hbr. DXO is what gives more of the dissociative feelings, while dxm gives different effects. The body naturally converts DXM -> DXO but with delsym less is converted. Depends on whether you like the DXM effects or the DXO effects. I have a post under the Delsym thread that explains this to more depth if you want to look at it. I personally like hbr more because the dxo dissociation is what is needed for a good trip (in my opinion.) But as syrup goes I much rather drink delsym, and take some dxm gelcaps with it, to balance out the DXO/DXM ratio a little more. Don't drink delsym over a period of time that will give you even less DXO, chug it all at once. But since it is naturally time released this wont help to much. Same with regular hbr syrups, the faster you drink them the more dxo will be converted. However even spacing out the hbr you will get more dxo converted than with polistirex. Hoped this helped explain things a little bit.

6. tweakerfrommars

tweakerfrommars Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I guess I can just back up what everyone else has said. I probably used polistirex three times out of about two dozen DXM trips, and each time was severely disappointed. Takes too long, trip isn't nearly as fulfilling, little to no dissociation even at high doses, and even just the little things, like CEVs weren't as brilliant and fascinating as usual. (And the types of CEVs I get from DXM while listening to my favorite music are much of the reason I do it in the first place, discounting dissociation completely).

7. Rave_Pixie

Rave_Pixie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hbr, all the way. Better trip. Plus, polystirex is horrible for your liver, and the health risks are much higher.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    well polistyrex +'s
    taste better, you need less, still intoxicates you, lasts LONGER
    -'s
    polistyrex is bad for you, polistyrex taste like shit, it makes makes it hit you slower, it makes you not as in toxicated

hbr +'s
    hits you FASTER, hits you HARDER, short duration, more widely availible, there are pills available
    -'s
    need to take more of it, taste like SHIT

you decide whats better

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2006
  9. pr0m3theus

pr0m3theus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hbr, without a doubt. I've found that it kicks in faster, lasts a
    bit longer (though that might just be a slight time distortion, I
    haven't timed the two for comparison, though I'll try to fix that
    soon), and is a generally more intensive experiance.

Not to say that polistirex isn't worth a shot (the trip seemed different to me), but personally i'll stick with Hbr.</span>

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    polistirex is good if you want it to last long. hbr if you are doing it with friends at night

11. bubaloo

bubaloo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    i personally prefer polistirex, its funny taking it just as you go to sleep.

12. hazeinmybong2

hazeinmybong2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    My balls itch more on polistirex, anyone else have similar experiences? More of a delsym itch than robo ever gave me.

13. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    i dont itch on dsylum. just on robo and only the first time i do it again after a break.

Anyways i enjoy a small bottle of Dsylum and then about 200mg of Robo or HBr, they feed off of eachother, and a trip with afterglow can last ~14 hours. You wake up with a feeling and an afterglow the next day, def a wierd feeling but it's fun.

Muirner

14. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    HBr+
    hits faster (1 hour)
    more "stoned feeling"
    cheaper

HBr-
    need to drink more
    shorter trip
    less intense hallucinations due to the lower ratio of DXO to DXM
    generally tastes horrible (tussin)
    safer (not to say either is really "safe")

Poly +
    you need to drink less
    more intense trips, including better visuals
    Tastes much better, quite good (Delsym)
    much longer trips

Poly-
    much worse for your liver and stomach (polystritex is a edible plastic)
    worse hangovers (for me atleast)
    much longer trips (if you are not looking for a long trip)
    more expensive (delsym is $10 bucks a bottle)
    takes about 2 hours to "hit"

In conclusion try em both, make up ur own I have tried both and like em both depending on how em feeling, I sometimes would mix 4-5ml of delsym with 3-4ml of tussin and that was intensive (warning this is for experiance robotrippers do not attempt unless you have experiance with 3-4 platau highs)

15. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
  16. Faust

Faust Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Faust

.. this thread may be a little dated, but, I think i can put in my two cents.
    I f*cking love to robo trip, and there is a huge difference between the two, mainly its the time release (which causes a number of different variations to occur) but mostly it is in the chemistry of the .. well chugger i guess. DXM is converted at different dosages in every persons body .. so HBr could be awsome for one person while Polistirex could be another persons bag, its all in finding out what your candy is :crazy

17. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I also thought it was more of a dxo trip with the polistirex as well, but this is just citing from memory and if anyone wants to know for sure just look it up as it's not difficult to find out. Anyway, my monkey has communicated to me that it depends upon the situation as to whether she prefers delsym or other dxm hbr concoctions. The delsym is certainly harder on the body, but my monkey has found that it can be pretty fun in situations where you need to be somewhat in control unlike the Hbr which can get you completely blitzed. The polistirex is more like a 1-2 plateau trip even if you take a lot...it can be fun for social situations as it lowers inhibitions and gives a great mood lift. My monkey says that she likes the Hbr for when she wants to go on a psychic journey and plans on having a comfy stay at home or some other safe place. But, then again, she also says that mixing the two is sometimes very nice because you don't have to eat/drink so much of the much nastier tasting Hbr.

18. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, if You does decide to use polistirex then don't use it often because it's said to be 2 times harder on your body than HBR. It's also said that 15 mgs of polystirex=30mg of HBr so if you get the 3 oz. bottle then that will be equal to 531mg of dxm Hbr. There are also 5 oz. bottles I believe, but I forget how much they have in them. It also increases the ratio of DXM to DXO. DXO is responsible for the 'stoning' effects and DXM affects things like stimulation, cognitive alterations, and delusions. I always found polistirex to be less intense but longer lasting. She found polistirex to be more of a recreational and social drug while Hbr was more of an introspective tool. But, do not use this product often (or at all) because if dxm does indeed cause lesions then the polistirex version is much more likely to cause them. Also, the first few times I used polistirex, the trip was very intense...I can't recall whether she drank the 3 oz. or 5 oz so I still wouldn't plan anything where you need to be functional. After the first couple of times, the trip was quite mild on the polistirex. Swim definately prefers the HBr.

19. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If using the DXM for kicking opiate addiction, I would HIGHLY recommend the polystyrex version... especially if that addiction is from hydrocodone.

Delsym is the one that I would recommend. Thanks to forthesevenlakes for this recommendation. I would feel remiss without giving proper credit where it is due.

Delsym is the DXM version of TUSSIONEX!

Never heard of tussionex? Then you're probably not very addicted to hydrocodone! This is considered by most (ALL!) to be the golden elixir of hydro addicts. It is the polystyrex form of hydrocodone--lasting 6-8 hours and is extremely addictive and pleasurable as well. Anyways, delsym tastes the exact same and is very easy to transition into--that is, with the correct mindset of actually aborting the opiates.

20. Aopocetx

Aopocetx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I tried it. Delsym 3 oz bottle. Funny thing is that it says "Non-narcotic" on the label. It tasted fucking great. Anyway, SWIM liked it a lot except that it has now been 23 hours and I'm still feeling effects. It IS annoyingly long.