Combinations - DXM + Propoxyphene

Discussion in 'DXM' started by gargravarr, May 12, 2006.

1. gargravarr

gargravarr Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim's friend took 6 of swim's Darvocet in combination with 20 Tussin Gels, and he said "it was one of the best robotrips I've had." So, naturally, I want to try it. Swim plans to take a combination of 5 Darvocet's and 25 Tussin Gels and wants to know if there any serious dangers or risks involved in this. I'm sure there are some, but seeing as how I am pretty reckless with drugs sometimes he'll probably just ignore the minor risks and do it anyway (especially due to the evidence of his friend doing it with no known negative side effects).

Also, any advice on timing? Should I take the darvos first, then wait half an hour and take the tussins, or what?

Swim will write an experience report.

edit: forgot to mention the darvos are 100mg, and I'm sure you know the tussins are 15mg.

Last edited: May 12, 2006
  2. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    dont

QUOTE: Also, any advice on timing? Should I take the darvos first, then wait half an hour and take the tussins, or what?

yes take 2 darvacets every 4-8 hours as needed for pain.DONT take them all at once .darvacet may be week,but theer one of the most overdosed on drugs ever,like in the top 10 i htink.pepole have overdosed on just 3.tolerance to opiates or anything dosent matter.its not worth the risk.
    i saw a girl go to the hospital from 4 of them.

3. StigmataLectron

StigmataLectron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I'm typing this on the run, but you should also take note that DXM lowers tolerance to opiates, making it even easier to OD on the darvacets.

4. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    also important to note is that if you're going to go with dxm syrup instead of the gels, the syrup plus any opiates are really harsh on the stomach. I dont know how easy the coughgels are on the stomach, but it will make it really easy to throw up before the trip kicks in. swim cant imagine it would be too pleasant.

5. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Read: I was damn lucky. Propoxyphene is about as nasty as methadone regards it's long-term CNS-depressant effects. Mixing this with DXM is an uncharted territory. But I can tell you this: I have seen many people go absolutely nuts mixing Darvon with alcohol, valium, codeine, et al.

I would suggest avoiding propoxyphene altogether. Leave alone being a guinea pig with DXM combo's.

6. BobTheGreat

BobTheGreat Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I am prescribed propoxy for chronic pain but is finding it less effective. His initial thoughts where to take a therapeutic dose of dxm to improve its effectiveness. Is it just mixing at high doses that would be dangerous or would lower doses( say no more than 60mgs of dxm) be just as dangerous?

7. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Regarding respiratory depression and sedation, most likely not at all. But:

Propoxyphene is a serotonin reuptake inhibitor. So is DXM. Although I don't think anything serious will happen at the said dose, one should read about serotonin toxicity and watch for symptoms. https://drugs-forum.com/forum/local_links.php?action=jump&id=2524&catid=24

8. Schedule II

Schedule II Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am alive by the grace of god. 30 Darvons, 2 Percocets, 6 Vicodins and 20 mg adderall were combined with around 15 Butalbitals (a barbiturate). The respiratory depression of Propoxyphene is what kills. Since the euphoria and analgesia are weak, people tend to keep taking more and more not realizing that the respiratory depression it causes is the same as any other opiate. SWIM also drank a ton of alcohol. SWIM then drank an 8 oz. bottle of robotussin max strength -- approximately 700 mg of DXM -- and was HIGH HIGH HIGH. The trip was incredible. Well, what I remember was incredible. I was also taking Prozac 10 mg at the time and believes he developed Serotonin Syndrome in the following days. Does anyone have any idea how SWIM survived that? SWIM still thinks about it occasionally and cannot fathom how one would live through such a combo. Any thoughts appreciated.

1. 3/5,
      Please note the age of a thread before posting
      Feb 16, 2010
  9. Erytheia

Erytheia Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Certain people, in certain circumstances can survive potentially lethal combinations of drugs unharmed. SWIM considers herself, personally, to have the constitution of an ox, given past experiences, but would not do anything so reckless as post the absurd dosages taken!

As You said, he's alive by the grace of God. Does he really want to risk being responsible for someone else trying to match his suicide-attempt and not being so lucky?

Also, please pay attention to the age of the thread before You decides to post. Though this is, technically, relevant to the topic people often take offense to ancient threads being bumped.

10. static_vodka_420

static_vodka_420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swim reccomends agianst this propoxyphene/ darvon/darvocet has a higher than average risk of causing respiratory problems(before creating euphoria) and causing heart palpitations hence its black box status and is also combined with large quantities of APAP the liver will have a double whammy breaking down the apap and DXM if You wants a dxm/opiate combo try small amounts of a safer more pure opiate ex I would say pure oxycodone in a very small dose 2.5-5mg and half of normal dose of dxm then work up