Effects - DXM Stopped Working?

Discussion in 'DXM' started by reptile, Apr 24, 2005.

1. reptile

reptile Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    Ok. I've been into DXM for around 5 months now.

The first 3 months of trippin were great!

Fun times...but then I hada bad trip, with strong hallucinations like usual, but I felt like shit and started barfing everywhere. This was a 3rd plateau trip. So I was like OK. Then did a 2nd plateau trip. MISERABLE. Again with the feelin like shit and puking everywhere with my head spinning. Did another 2nd plateau trip a few weeks later and ended up in the hospital. I really felt like I was gonna die. My organs hurt like you wouldn't believe. Then THIS friday...I did only 100 mgs and felt bad. I felt nervous and kinda shitty and then after awhile again with the pukin everywhere insanely.

WHAT HAPPENED?!?! D=

I know DXM is bad for you but has it completely ruined my stomach/liver in just 6 months? I doubt it..

Why can't I have a happy trip like before?

Any DXM now will just make me feel like shit. Is it completely ruined for me? Can I ever do it again and trip happily like before?

Note I'veonly done DMXHbr in robitussin maximum strength and last time with the 100mgs I tried sucrets.

2. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    The feeling good is what the DXM Faq calls tussin euphoria, heres a little piece from it.

DXM Faq- If you find yourself particularly susceptible to Tussin Euphoria, keep in mind that with frequent use of DXM it goes away and leaves one only with a sense of discomfort and dysphoria. In a very few individuals, this can continue into full-blown depression. Like all other drugs, you never get something for nothing.

Now I think you know what happened.

3. reptile

reptile Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    I heard about that but I even followed the "if you do a 3rd plateau wait 3 weeks before trippin, if ya do a 2nd plateau wait two weeks" and so on to prevent that.

Plus if I did 100 mgs(regardless of the trip effects) I wouldn't feel sick at all. Now that makes me puke everywhere.

Will this go away if I'm off it for about 5 months or is it permanent? xC

4. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Well when it comes to DXM and tolerances everyone is different. So this is really hard to answer [​IMG] Since you waited weeks before each use (something I never did) after waiting 5 months it would be my prediction this could help. I doubt it is permanent.
    Not being able to stomach 100mgs is a little bizarre, lay off it for a while and next time use pure DXM.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    change your setting... i notice u get trips that go with other trips when in similiar settings... and control the drug dont let it control u... ive been doing it for almost a year now... and yes cough syrup smell and sometimes even the sight makes me gag... that is your body telling u no... im a dumbass i guess... but i also no that i am in control... i guess maybe i should listen to my body... i guess end the end i will pay... anyways... i also gag when taking pills too... which i use to be able to swallow by the dozen.. just change the setting... i have noticed that it is alot easier to down pills with v8 you know that tomatoeish juice stuff... but really its no big deal... 5 minutes and it will be down.. 1 hour later i will be out of it... i have never went over 1000 mg... and do alot of different levels... on my days off i do around 600-700 and sometimes redose... on work days i take about two amounts of 300 within 2-3 of each other... this makes the time pass... i dont suggest what i do.. i know the consequences and will accept them... i say that now but lol i will see... anyways try it again but keep control u control u... your body is jus trying to reject it... if it really is doing damage then ui shouldnt do it.. if its just giving you false signals because your body doesnt like the pressure then u should maybe try some more... but if your body cant handle it then dont do it...

this was long and few will read it oh well i guess...

fyi everywhere i put "i" i meant swim... but i didnt want to type swim so i named the person i just so that is clear that i is not me... its someone else [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. reptile

reptile Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    ^thanks but that didn't work lol. I've tripped at home and at school once which I've only done one other time and same nasty effects. My stomach doesn't care where I take it lol. Guess I'll hafta switch over to weed or my pseudoephedrine for the time being since that's the only other stuff I can get.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    wait i thought pseudophedrine didnt do anything?

inform me would be nice...

8. deadmoap

deadmoap Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I think pseudoephedrine is exactly the same as ephedrine, which is a stimulant.

Though I've dosed 90mg of psuedoephedrine once and I don't think I've felt anything, so don't get your hopes up...

Anyway, to get back on subject. I think I've only done DXM about 6 or 7
    times in the past three months, and I've loved every time. I found some
    robitussin couph gels. YES!!! Finally an end to drinking nasty couph
    syrup and getting a bunch of zits from all the sugar in it. But for a
    price... it now takes three and a half hours to kick in. Oh well...
    just plan my trips ahead. Well I took 16 pills of the robitussin last
    night (I took three of them for a couph I had, and my mom lost one of
    them when she was drunk and freakin' out saying "16 PILLS?! THAT'S LIKE
    OVERDOSE, ARE YOU CRAZY SON?!?!" after I told her a million times that
    it doesn't matter how many pills, what matters is the dose, and that
    I'd taken a higher dose than this with couph syrup). It was great. It
    majorly amplifies my mood. I never cry... ever. But last night, I cried
    just because my mom wouldn't let me move her chair over next to the
    couch so we could all sit together and watch a movie... then a spider
    crawled on my arm and I jumped up, pointed and screamed "spider" like a
    frightened 8 year old with down syndrome. But when it started to wear
    off, I think what I got would be called a serotonin high... I felt
    really happy. And my limbs were very light and easy to move. I stood in
    the middle of the room just swinging my arms around... like I was
    pivoting on my lower stomach. It was awesome.

Anyway... yes I have no idea why I just told you that story. Anyway,
    maybe it just means you should take a break. That's just about the only
    advice I can give. Use, don't abuse.

9. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    There's something that goes with DXM known as the "50 trip limit"...
    basically, after so much DXM use the drug will lose a lot of its magic
    and the bad effects are going to dominate.

What I've read on this is that if the case is tolerance, it can take a
    long time to go away (like up to a year). In that case, take a
    long break from it and then see what happens. You could also try
    using pure DXM instead of Robo, that seems to help as well.

There's also some remote possibilities that involve how DXM is
    metabolized (trouble with or damage to the P450 enzyme, kidneys, liver,
    etc)... if it's the P450 (unlikely), it may be permenant... again, try
    pure/extracted DXM... your body may just be having trouble with all the
    crap in the cough syrup.

10. deadmoap

deadmoap Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Phungushead is right. The crap is couph syrup is definitely not good
    for you, and this may be your bodies way of telling you that it's had
    enough of you giving it that shit. Not the DXM, I mean the inactive
    ingredients.

I don't really know anything about the liver or all that stuff... but
    could it really take a whole year for tolerance to go back down? I only
    trip once, maybe twice a month. Recent times aren't as good as the
    first times, but still knocks me on my ass. One thing I've noticed is
    that the older the DXM is, the less potent it is. I drank a whole
    bottle of robitussin couph syrup (360 mg DXM) that had been laying
    around for about a month, and all I got was what I'd call a DXM "buzz".
    I wasn't so intoxicated that I was saying dumb stuff that I can't
    remember, but I was at least buzzed enough to feel the effect it has on
    gravity and was jumping around the room feeling like I was jumping 100
    feet high.

11. reptile

reptile Mercury Member

Reputation Points:

pshhh... trust me it works.

try 800mgs then get back to me. [​IMG]

Anyways lol, interesting story, I wish my mom was cool about all this. She doesn't even drink alcohol.

What I've noticed is that I never get scared when I'm trippin on that shit. I love spiders anyways =D but I've had hallucinations where dead zombie cows are coming up out of the ground and I'm in some cemetary and I'm still like wheeeeee!.. xP

12. genaro

genaro Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    you should stay away from dxm...and never come back to it (because the organs hurting like hell is something quite scary,you shouldsee a doctor to check your liver and kidneys before taking any other drug)

13. Aopocetx

Aopocetx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    DXM stopped working for SWIM?

I have been on a drug binge the last couple of weeks. The last few days, he was doing DXM every night and meditating. Two days ago SWIM woke up and felt weird. His pupils were dilated and he couldn't feel his heartbeat. SWIM figured he might have gotten anticholinergic intoxication from chlorpheniramine, because he used Triple Cs a few times (yes, he admit its and knows all about the medical effects). Another weird thing that made him initially think he is crazy is that he felt (and still dos) that he was enlightened, or that he now knew what 'break on through' meant when Jim Morrison said it.

Anyway, later that night SWIM decided to take DXM one last time and discover what there really is past reality (because this is the sole reason he started doing drugs). I took 720mg DXM and another 200mg an hour later while his friend took about 500mg (pure DXM from Vicks 44 cough syrup). At around the two hour mark, SWIM's friend left to go home. I went into his room to meditate.

He turned off the lights like he always did and started to concentrate. He wasn't getting any hallucinations or feelings he normally did. Around this time he was telling his mind "Let me see everything you have to show me." A few minutes later, not feeling anything, SWIM turned the light back on. He was completely sober. I should have been almost at the fourth plateau and he simply stood up and walked off. He called his friend up to tell him the weird thing that happened and the same thing happened to him - around the time it happened to SWIM, his friend went completely sober too.

Since then, I have tried 450mg DXM and it did absolutely nothing. He didn't even feel a buzz. Does anyone have any ideas? I will probably try a couple Zicam's worth of DXM again to see if it's really gone. I think I should mention, I used to get double vision from any plateau higher than second but it doesn't happen anymore (probably because he can't reach any high plateau anymore in the first place).

14. Aopocetx

Aopocetx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Also, I have only done DXM about 20 times in his life, the majority of those in the last couple of months. Could tolerance build up so fast and suddenly from one trip?

15. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    perhaps the tolerance isnt from one trip, but dxm can build tolerance rapidly even at weekly or biweekly doses. also after several trips the more "fun" aspects of dxm seem to be inaccessible, at least to SWIM, and one is left with a mere "fucked up" feeling for hours without the euphoria characteristic of the first few trips. unfortunately, this tolerance takes a while to step down from, so You may have to go 2-3 months without use to get some of dxm's effects back.

16. Aopocetx

Aopocetx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Maybe, but this was SWIM's friend's 3rd time ever doing DXM and 450mg didn't affect him either after this experience. Not even a buzz, just like for SWIM.

17. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    I had always noticed that if he attempted to use dxm on 2 consecutive days, he wouldnt feel much on the 2nd day...tolerance can build pretty fast on it. I hasnt heard of anything as extreme as feeling nothing from 450 mg, but maybe it could happen.

18. gargravarr

gargravarr Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have experienced the same type of rapid dxm tolerance just recently. He took 20 robogels, had a nice robotrip, then two days later he took 30 and felt close to nothing. Talk about disappointment! Especially after having to swallow all those gels!

19. PhoenixOnPhire

PhoenixOnPhire Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It is also possible that with some people, their livers are unable to handle the processing of DXM and after a certain amount of uses completely stop processing it all together and merely having it pass as a posion through your body (FYI.. your liver is a poison filter :) The ability to process DXM may or may not come back over a long period of time, it would all depend on your body and how healthy you are keeping it. The liver is very good at recovering, if you give it time to heal.

20. DXMBunny

DXMBunny Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    can i ask more for u to recall how much stomach content? like how long before the dose was taken did u eat and how much?