Combinations - DXM with kratom... is daily use of low-dose DXM safe?

Discussion in 'DXM' started by MachoManSavage, Apr 21, 2012.

1. MachoManSavage

MachoManSavage Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I'm a daily kratom user who has slowly been tapering my dose.

Recently, I've found that if I take 30/60 mgs of DXM with a small dose of kratom (with piracetam too) I don't need as much kratom to get the effects. Small dose of DXM basically brings forth the good qualities of kratom, making me need less.

But how safe is this? I want to quit in a couple of months, so would 60 mgs of DXM per day (only one dose) be regarded as safe? How about 30 mgs? I know these amounts don't get me high, and that 30 is the recomended dose, but can it be done daily? Thanks. :)

2. DiabolicScheme

DiabolicScheme Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I too use DXM with kratom but not daily maybe every other day and never more than 60 mg for about the past year. I've also had a kidney and liver test about 2 months ago and everything was fine.

There is one problem with regular dxm use, if you are a slow metabolizer of DXM its possible to build up toxicity over time because there isnt enough time in between doses.

Tolerance also occurs believe it or not, in which case it won't potentate as much, requiring breaks or higher doses. Fortunately tolerance drops pretty quick (~2 days).

I dont really recommend daily use for the reasons above but at clinical doses I dont see much harm in daily use.