1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - EAM-2201 Drug Info

Discussion in 'Cannabinoids' started by xiaobendan, Aug 17, 2012.

1. xiaobendan

xiaobendan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from ireland
    Please post info about EAM-2201 here.

Can anyone add information about:
    • names / synonyms
    • molecule
    • dose
    • duration
    • side effects
    • have there been any reported incidents with this compound?
    • since when has this research chemical been available?
    • legal status
    • stability of the molecule / compound
    Experience reports for EAM-2201 can be found in the following thread: EAM-2201 Experiences

Trivial Name: EAM-2201
    Synonyms: 4-ethyl-AM-2201, 5-fluoro-JWH-210
    IUPAC Name: (1-(5-fluoropentyl)-1H-indol-3-yl)(4-ethyl-1-naphthalenyl)-methanone
    Molecular Formula: C[SUB]26[/SUB]H[SUB]26[/SUB]FNO
    Molecular Mass: 387.5 g/mol

[​IMG]

One of many naphthoylindole cannabinoids in the AM-x series. It is structurally closely related to JWH-210 in particular, with the only difference between the two being the terminal fluorine residue on the alkyl chain.

Legal status in US: Schedule I controlled substance at Federal level.

Legal status in UK: Unconfirmed.

Research Chemicals Index - Synthetic Cannabinoids
    Research Chemicals Index - Phenethylamines
    Research Chemicals Index - Tryptamines
    Research Chemicals Index - Beta-Ketones
    Research Chemicals Index - Piperazines
    The Research Chemical Index

_________
    (end mod edit)

Afoaf has been offered EAM-2201 recently.

It's obviously related to MAM-2201 and AM-2201. But when he checked on google there is almost no information on this cannabinoid at all.

Nothing from other forums or wikipedia. However its being advertised on a number of websites that will remain nameless on this forum.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013
  2. ghostfreak

ghostfreak Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    Re: Eam-2201

From the wikipedia entry:

EAM-2201 (4'-ethyl-AM-2201, 5"-fluoro-JWH-210) is a drug that presumably acts as a potent agonist for the cannabinoid receptors. It had never previously been reported in the scientific or patent literature, and was first identified by laboratories in Japan in July 2012 as an ingredient in synthetic cannabis smoking blends.[1] Like the closely related MAM-2201 which had been first reported around a year earlier, EAM-2201 thus appears to be another novel compound invented by "research chemical" suppliers specifically for grey-market recreational use. Structurally, EAM-2201 is a hybrid of two known cannabinoid compounds JWH-210 and AM-2201, both of which had previously been used as active ingredients in synthetic cannabis blends before being banned in many countries.

Pharmacology:
    Nothing has been published on the pharmacology of EAM-2201, though it presumably has similar properties to the closely related AM-2201 and JWH-210, which are both full agonists and unselectively bind to CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors with low nanomolar affinity.

Legal Status:
    EAM-2201 was banned in New Zealand as a temporary class drug from 6th December 2012, after reports of addiction and psychosis associated with use of products containing EAM-2201 as an active ingredient, however this has been protested by some users who claim to have found medical benefits in the treatment of conditions such as phantom limb pain, since medicinal marijuana is not available in New Zealand and synthetic cannabis products are used as a legal alternative.

3. Zyanide

Zyanide Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.

Never heard of this cannabinoid or seen it on any vendor websites that I use, but if it has similar properties to AM-2201 - I don't think I'd even try it.
    I've heard way too many bad experiences of it - addictive, rapid tolerence build-up etc.

4. Sgmfrd

Sgmfrd Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth

Sorry I don't want to bash you or anything but doesn't like 90% of cannabinoids have those side-effects? :D

5. Zyanide

Zyanide Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.

Haha yes, of course. However AM-2201 is one of those ones (that are still legal) that seem to induce those effects much more frequently and easily, based on other people's experiences that I've read.

6. ghostfreak

ghostfreak Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.

Yes I can agree that AM-2201 brings those effects on quite strong (why I use UR-144).

Any updates on EAM-2201 recently?

7. Zyanide

Zyanide Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.

I recommend sticking with UR-144, I guarantee you this new wave of cannabinoids that are emerging would be more and more toxic (or just more risky in general) as it the mechanism of action will probably not resemble THC as much, if at all.

I have received valuable information from a vendor of mine, that if the UK ban of synthetic cannabinoids were to come (the analogue act I believe), they would immediately release a new generation of cannabinoids that work in a completely different way - which of course, will be legal.
    I cannot disclose the name of the cannabinoids or the exact mechanism of the cannabinoids due to certain reasons, mainly to protect the vendor and the cannabinoid market in general.

8. MrMunchies

MrMunchies Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

But these compounds already are out and about, are they not? A few chemicals, URB 597, URB 602, and URB 754, act in different ways than the normal synthetic cannabinoids do.

"They inhibit the breakdown of anandamide and 2-arachidonoylglycerol, which are endocannabinoids. URB597 raises levels of anandamide through FAAH inhibition. Anandamide acts on cb1 receptors. URB602 raises levels of 2-arachidonoylglycerol through MAGL inhibition. 2-ag acts on both cb1 and cb2 receptors. I'm not sure what URB754 does but it's probably something similar."

Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181772#ixzz2P3p45zYE

Anyhow, I have one question about EAM-2201. I have read that it binds to both the cb1 and cb2, but can anyone who has tried it tell me if the substance is more selective to a particular one?

9. d42kn355

d42kn355 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

My feline friend GUI has tested ample amounts of EAM-2201 and is very satisfied. GUI tells me that It does definitely hit your head more than your body, depending on the dosages it can get pretty trippy, GUI said she had an experience where everything felt blocky, almost like like was pixelated, and everything keep vibrating. strange. Fun none the less.