Easier to get high after kief hit

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by splashsplash, Jun 8, 2006.

1. splashsplash

splashsplash Newbie

Reputation Points:
    One of my friends put a ton of kief (the THC crystals that you can get in a grinder) on a bong hit (she said much more than she intended) and now she claims it now only takes her like one hit to get high. She says it takes much much less to get high since she took the hit with kief. Is this possible? Can a huge high or large amount kief make you "easier" to get high?

Thanks

PS she is a daily smoker. I don't know if that matters.

2. StigmataLectron

StigmataLectron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Yeah.

As I understand, Kief is the trichomes (hairs) on the buds that fall off when you're grinding them. The trichomes is actually the part of the bud that has all those cannabinoids on them, so, heck yeah they'll get you high as a mofo.

3. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    yep 100% agree, not sure how high a mofo is though ;)

4. splashsplash

splashsplash Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Clarification

Sorry, I need to clarify. I'm talking about this person gettting higher in sessions AFTER the big kief hit. As in ever since that high, it only takes like one hit to get blasted. Is that possible? Just psychological?

5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Kief does indeed get you more stoned than the weed it's collected from. Putting kief on the bong seems like a waste though. If you have a good build-up of kief it's better to make hash out of it so you get the most out of it rather than just smoking it all up in one hit. I also imagine that kief, delicate as it is, can sift through the gauze of a bong meaning you lose some of it.

6. StigmataLectron

StigmataLectron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I'd say that getting stoned easier after one experience with keif is psychological. It can't be physical, unless somehow there's strong-ass resin in the bowl still, or something like that. With smoking marijuana they're getting the same amount of the active cannabinoids as they always did, and less than they did with the keif, so on the physical side it would seem that they'd be more tolerant after a huge keif hit.

7. -k4ge

-k4ge Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from earth
    My good friend I have a good habbit of putting a small layer of keif over top of a fully packed bowl. Seems to do the trick.

8. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I have also told me that he enjoys this on a regular basis. It proves for a much bigger more ptent hit.

Now as for the original qustion, can a kief hit make you get high easier in future smoke sessions. Technically marijuana has reverse tolerance because it stays in your system for such a long time it keeps building up when one is a regular smoker. However one gets used to the effects pretty fast and although physical tolerance gets lower mental tolerance goes up. By that i mean you are no longer satisfied by the high a certain amount gives you so you must smoke more to get higher, resembling a tolerance buildup, when in reality its the opposite.

So if your friend is content with the level of high that she has been getting then yes a large kief hit raising the levels in the body can lower near future tolerance. Let her know shes lucky to be content with her current high and to enjoy it while it lasts, because that will change after a while of daily smoking. For SWIM being high might as well be his set point or baseline as he is more often high than sober, so when hes really tying to get "high" he must smoke more and more to attain the same level of intoxication.

9. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    When I had enough kief, or when he has THC-oil, he laces his ground-up bud with it.
    SWIM can definately say he get's damn stoned of it :)

10. smoggy32

smoggy32 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I do not believe that taking one 'big' hit of any form of MJ then lowers your tollerance to it and as such allows you to then get very high off little hits in future .