1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Easiest way to induce vomiting?

Discussion in 'The euphoric body' started by Corksil, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Corksil

Corksil Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Hello all, as a user of a variety of drugs, SWIM occasionally comes across nausea. He hates that feeling, and would rather induce vomiting than bear it for 20 minutes before the vomit finally decides to show up. He was also recently in a situation where he thought he ate too much of a pill, and after swallowing one, instantly wished he could've un-done the action.

If an experienced board member could please enlighten SWIM and anyone else on the boards with the same question, -- What is the easiest way to induce vomiting? Where does one attempt to poke, should one use a toothbrush or pencil eraser or finger? SWIM feels like a retard when he has to try poking different spots for 10 minutes before he finally gets a solid heave.

Also, is there a specific technique? As in, suppress the gags until they build to a crescendo then allow them to overflow and empty your stomach, or just start coughing crazy hard after poking the epiglottis (sp)? Thank anyone who answers. :D

Happy vomiting!

2. trptamene

trptamene Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Hmm...SWIM has read on MSDS (maybe for carbon tet or sodium chloride) that they should induce vomiting incase of ingestion.

SWIM remembers something about a mustard+water mixture and/or a salt water mixture (though this doesnt make much since if one is trying to through up salt anyway).

As for gagging....SWIM never really does this, except for a few times.

The idea of a toothbrush or a pencil sounds like a bad idea as one could hurt themselves...

SWIM used his finger...put it to the back of his mouth into his throat where he pushed on his tongue foward. If one really needs to do this...it should not take a lot of effort. But I could be wrong.

3. JDreaming

JDreaming R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Professional doctors would use syrup of ipecac or activated charcoal. Civilians often make nauseatingly disgusting but non-poisonous drinks by mixing salt and mustard powder with water and drinking it. Personally, I find the easiest thing to do if you want to vomit is run a search on YouTube for the latest presidential address. Listen to Dubya explain for the tenth time that we are actually building a fucking wall between us and Mexico, and your food should come up quickly and naturally!

On the serious side of things, if a poison is swallowed, make sure you study the poison before inducing vomiting. Many people induce vomiting automatically with any poison swallowed, but for some- such as many corrosives- this may make things worse. Every poison requires its own treatment so make sure vomiting is the correct treatment for your poison before going for your finger/toothbrush/YouTube video.

4. toe

toe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from earth
    Not for nausea, they sure as hell wouldn't. Ipecac is cardiotoxic (gastric lavage is the preferred method of toxin removal) and activated charcoal, while disgusting, isn't actually an emetic.

Ideally promethazine would be available OTC in all nations and this would be far less of an issue. Of course, there would remain those who would not be able to take advantage due to allergies/interactions.

That having been said, finger down the throat, my child.

5. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o Male from The Netherlands
  6. Coconut

Coconut Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    Two fingers down the throat is probably the quickest way. Salt-water is also very nauseating and will probably cause vomiting if drunk while spinning around.

Of course, if it's ayahuasca we're talking about, such advice is unnecessary. You're in for a "great" (read: horrifically violent) time anyway.

7. teagy

teagy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    drink warm salt water and finger down the throat not nice but it will work

8. fnord

fnord Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    The best trick to vomiting is to not need to do it inthe first place! Its very simple to take small incriments of drugs and work your way up to higher doses during your experiance. Grandma quite regualrly will break out 30mg's of 2Cx and cut it into 10 piles to snort during the night,if all else fails Syrup of ipecac can be found in any pharmacy and is quite useful to keep around if someone like to push there limits with drugs. Failing that stimulation of your gag reflex of a dillute H2o2/H2o solution works great.

If all this fails try watching an episode of bill O'rielly,or trying to smile while reading about American politics.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  9. Kittty

Kittty Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Drink some milk. that will trigger your gag reflexes when ur already nauseated.

10. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    just the thought and idea of popping Corcidien Cough & Cold pills and chugging cough syrup makes swim wanna hurl...the taste is so..soo :s that swim just wants to hurl

11. leobaez123

leobaez123 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from Illinois, U.S.A.
    heat salt with water on the microwave then drink it and watch people who puke on youtube

12. bketros

bketros Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I know this is an old post but with the last comment being fairly recent I figured this would be better than starting a new thread. I don't remember where but I saw somewhere online listing to swallow a tablespoon of baking soda, saying it would come back up along with the rest of the contents of your stomach. On the same site it listed the saline solution method and the mustard solution (mustard method listed as unproven). I haven't seen the baking soda method listed elsewhere but know that a small amount of baking soda mixed with water in supposed to be an antacid solution so this seems a preferable solution if it works.

Truly two questions 1) any info on baking soda method 2) easiest way for someone who fingers down the throat doesn't work (not enough will power to make work is also possible assessment) 2b)easiest also includes least amount of after effects as I know many emetic have lingering results.

FYI
    I am not looking for a poison control method or an overdose solution. Nor am I looking for a method of weight control or anything similar. Vomiting is a fairly violent experience for me and not one I ever look forward too but after several days of a nauseous feeling that won't go away but also does not get worse I am willing to try anything and believe that if I just actually vomit I may be able to start improving. Going on three days of feeling nauseous, not getting worse or better, and I have taken tums, PeptoBismal, several doses of Pepcid Complete, and several doses of Phazyme (simethicone). Other info I am a frequent stimulant (adderall or similar) user and out on day one but have resumed my usual dosages for the past two days.

Other info is provided not because I am looking for a diagnosis but to try to show that I am not looking for a method of bulimia. Though I do welcome all educated comments.

Thanks in advance.