Oral use - Easy Kratom Consumption

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by blight12, May 1, 2012.

1. blight12

blight12 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from South Africa
    I'm sure this has been discussed many times in the past, but for the newbies that have just come across this section of the forum...

I have been struggling to put the Kratom down, and for some reason God as cursed me with requiring at least 20g for any result, even with no tolerance whatsoever...

Anyways, with the toss and wash method, which is the the best method by far, try this:

Wet the mouth with some OJ or whatever. Throw a fat teaspoon of Kratom in, fill the mouth with OJ, tilt the head WAY back until the shit is sitting right at the back of your throat and implement a massive swallow. This works so well that you can put down big amounts without any gagging, bullshit or whatever.

It its not easy to explain but the secret is the tilting back of the head and positioning of the product right at the back of the throat before swallowing. It may take some practice but remember the 90 degree tilt...

Soz if this is a dupe post but 5 minutes ago when i got this right, it was the difference between struggling for 10 mins to get this shit down over 1-2 mins of putting that shit down super fast with 0 stress.

Hope this helps somebody.

Peace.

2. magister

magister Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from poland
    Yeah that's what BD used to do, Toss & Wash with OJ, although BD would water down the OJ a bit so it was a bit more runny. Also to warm up the solution as BD has sensitive teeth to cold liquids.

The bad part was the green shits BD would get from too many Toss & Wash. Soon too his skin would have a green aura which made it look sort of yellow.

Good luck

3. electricjw

electricjw Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah I saw this bird do a very similar method, except the bird poured in some water/liquid into mouth 1st, then did the 90 degree tilt and put the kratom (tsp at a time) in the mouth. the Bird tried to make sure the Kratom landed on the liquid, then poured a lil bit more water in and swallowed. The bird said if done correctly, you will not taste the texture of the kratom and leaves a slight kratom taste (similar to tea).

4. blight12

blight12 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from South Africa
    Exactly this. It works so well that its almost life changing, therefore i had to post this, cause i know so many people that struggle with putting this shit down, teas, mixing with apple sauce, yougurt etc. f you get this right you dont need to bother with that long drawn out time consuming shit ever again.

5. FenixDelta753

FenixDelta753 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I struggle just about as bad as you do, if not worse. I have a psychological link between the grit of kratom and throwing up so it takes some real concentration to not throw up sometimes but i can usually get that shit down if I want it bad enough.

Moving on, during my recent trip away from home for spring break I needed to find a way to get the powder down because my usual tea making may not have been accepted by the people that I was with. (Too many questions are never a good thing and it easy for me to get caught in a lie) So after trying to mix it in Dixie cups (gagged too much, taste wasn't even dulled and texture was just awful. It makes me sweat just thinking about it. then I decided that I would "steal" a spoon from the kitchen and try using that to help me.

I would take the spoon (normal, everyday medium sized spoon) and put about .5 to .75g of kratom on the end of it, put it onto the front part of my tongue. Then take a dixie cup with water, pour it in and swallow the water and pretend the kratom wasn't there. This was so much better but not as good as the last method I figured out.

Using the same spooning technique, I would use my water bottle with one of those "sport caps" that you can squirt the water into your mouth with. With this i could blast the water in there and swallow and with my head at a 5 - 15 degree angle I usually wouldn't taste anything or feel much of the nasty grit. I still only use this method if I have to though because I love the way kratom tea tastes and making it is somewhat of a ritual that makes me happy :)

6. Springtime

Springtime Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Nice post.

However I would like to add that toss and wash isn't necessarily the best method for everybody. I personally find that mixing it with a little yogurt is more pleasant, without diminished results.

Even so, it's still worth putting the effort into mastering a good toss and wash technique, if only because there will be times when yogurt/apple sauce/whatever isn't available.

7. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    I think that most long time kratom users have the same issue at some stage, if not several times.

What ive noticed with a lot of users is they often find a method that works best for them and they stick with it untill one day they just cant do it anymore. In many cases itsbecause they have one or more bad experiences, such as gagging on tea or toss and washed powder and then they expect it to happen again...so it does, or it makes taking it in the same way too uncomfortable.

I know i have changed my method of ingestion several times over the years.
    Ive also gone full circle several times over.

I started with tea, and even though i had experimented with other methods, tea worked best for me.
    Eventually i just began to associate the smell of the brewing tea with puking and i could no longer drink it, so i moved on to something different.

It my belief that a person is very fortunate if they can use kratom for a long time, with regular use, and not run into this psychological issue.
    In many cases, regardless of how perfect a method a user thinks they have, they end up having to switch to something else. :)

8. blight12

blight12 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from South Africa
    Last 2 posters. Yeah your right, I guess its not the best method, just perhaps for me, not necessarily anybody else. To be honest i ive ever done this method so, lil bit biased!

Also something i need to come clean about, somehow i don't have the "nausea gene" or gag reflex either. I can put some cazy down down my throat will never feel even slightest nausea (last time was when i was 5 i think). To be honest i get concerned about this as it could result in an drug OD which could have been avoided by a normal nausea reflect.

Any ways my point i that this my also influence my opinion n the best method.

Give mine an try though just to see if it might work for you.

Cheers,

9. FenixDelta753

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ian, that's somehow comforting knowing it's normal to switch so many times. Although it can get so damn tough to get down powder. I can still do it if need be which give me a feeling of pride for some reason. You say you can get down tea, what ROA can you take? I guessing bombing or capsules are the only other options.

Blight, you just cannot vomit at all? Or you just don't get nauseous and therefore cant vomit? I can't tell if that's a blessing or a curse. But I don't think, other than alcohol, vomiting will really save you from an OD if you're already at that point of no return if you know what I mean. At least with kratom, you really can't overdose other than getting a little dizzy and sick feeling. And if you can't feel that anyway then I guess you've nothing to worry about.

Why has no one suggested capsules?? that's got the be the most painless way to do things. At least it is for me when I need a "quick fix" and can't make tea.

10. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Tea would still be my favourite method, i have gone through phases where it could not even stomach the smell, but after a while i would come back around to it. :)

I also mix it with equal amount of Pesto, spoon that into my mouth and wash it back with a swig of water. Completly masks the taste and more importantly (for me) the texture.

I never liked capsules. They often do not dissolve at the same time, so unlike tea i would not get the intense rush of euphoria from the alkaloids hitting together.
    This can be helped by only partially filling caps, piercing them with a pin and swallowing them with hot tea to help them dissolve faster. But when you are taking large doses you dont want to make it even more difficult by taking tons of caps.

11. FenixDelta753

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I remember you telling me about that before. It sounds actually decent tasting but perhaps I'm speaking too soon.

I can agree with you on the capsules but for on the go use, you really can't beat them unless you carry tea in a water-bottle like I do sometimes. I prepare it the night before school and drink up the next day. Makes school fun and I can get more done it seems but that's besides the point.

12. blight12

blight12 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from South Africa
    Yeah its not that i cant vomit, its that i never feel the nausea in the first place. This has resulted in me being able to take alot of Kratom and get really high recently (beyond the point where a normal person would be vomiting), but i can feel that its not good for me via other symptoms like twitches, weak muscles, dizziness and inability to sleep without weird sleep paralysis type symptoms.

13. rawbeer

rawbeer Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have tried many methods of taking Kratom and finally stumbled on what I feel is the easiest.

The problem I have with toss and wash is holding that powder in my mouth. It's just very hard for me.

Tea takes time, and I'm a lazy, lazy man.

Stirring the powder into water is difficult - it doesn't dissolve and even stirring it enough just to wet all the powder can take a couple minutes.

I take a 1/2 pint mason jar, put the kratom in and pour in a few ounces of orange or grapefruit juice, put the lid on and shake for maybe 10 seconds. I drink the well-mixed concoction, pour in another ounce or two of juice and re-shake to rinse the left over leaf from the sides and drink that.

I don't find drinking juice with a a teaspoon of kratom in it at all difficult, not really unpleasant either. If you use grapefruit juice you can't really taste the kratom at all. Since I discovered this method I use it always.

(Note: do not try this with simple water, the Kratom will create a persistent layer of foam, and you'll be eating a large blob of Kratom-foam, which is perhaps the most unpleasant way to consume Kratom I've tried. Don't use soda either, flat or non-flat. I'm sure there are other liquids that will do the same thing but the only I am aware of are water and soda.)

14. DiabolicScheme

DiabolicScheme Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I always end up with a gag reflex that shoots the kratom up my sinuses which feels just awful.

My preference is a strong juice like oj or grapefruit, take a sip, dump kratom under the tongue, take a drink and swish it down so I avoid most of the taste and texture. At least if I am going to toss n wash.

I use caps on the road and tea when I want the best experience.

15. blight12

blight12 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from South Africa
    Above 2 posters, try having a bit of liquid in, tilt had back and have the liquid at the back of throat, spoon kratom and dump it right at the back and instantly swallow. This way there is no taste, texture, holding in mouth or anything like that. The only thing this way is that at grams 15-20 you are consuming al ot of liquid fast, can get a bit uncomfortable

16. FenixDelta753

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I find when I do that the powder gets stuck to my mouth and throat and I feel like I'm about to choke to death because everything gets so dry so fast. It's a lot like the cinnamon challenge on Tosh.0. Only there's a chance to get high.

17. blight12

blight12 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from South Africa
    Sorry to bump this. After a while using my T&W method, im starting to struggle a little with feeling nausea at the though of consuming (i need to do about 20g), After its in though any nausea goes away, funny enough.

Anyways, anybody that has moved from T&W to another method, what have you found to be most effective alternative and did you have to increase the dose, and by how much?

18. ex-opiophile

ex-opiophile Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I know this post is about the Toss and Wash as the main means of ingestion. A certain way of consumption must be talked about to enlighten all of the Kratom fans out there.
    Get a drink called Naked "Red Machine". It is basically a 100% natural fruit juice smoothie that tastes great and aids in kratom consumption. The method is as follows:
    Open the cap of a 15.2 fl oz. bottle.
    Drink down to the top of the label.
    Fill the bottle back up with your favorite kratom powder (Bali for example)
    Put the lid back on and shake very very hard for at least a minute. (Like a spray paint can)
    Open the lid and drink half the bottle!
    (The shaking doesnt cause any bubbles like a juice drink and the kratom mixes thoroughly in the smoothie)
    Save the rest of the drink for your next dose. (Make sure to shake again)

It may be helpful if you let the concoction sit overnight, it aids in breaking up the alkaloids for quicker and much more potent experiences. So anyone can make a week's worth of doses and keep them on hand at all times!

19. PhiPack

PhiPack Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have found that grapefruit juice is great for toss and wash because the bitterness of the GFJ erases the kratom taste. Actually, they kind of level each other out so there is very little taste at all. If I'm just hanging out at home, I have a single serving blender and I throw in my dose with about a half a cup of chocolate milk (we drink silk coconut milk at our house) and blend it for like 10 seconds and throw it back. I then run a trickle of water down the sides to get anything else and drink it. I taste nothing at all when doing that and it hits just as quick as t and w.

20. Li2CO3

Li2CO3 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from Canada
    in terms of getting the kratom down, I find making a smoothie with banana and orange juice to be the absolute best way because it actually TASTES GOOD (myself and several others I know have enjoyed it very much this way)! at least when using Green Malaysian, some of the other strains do taste quite a bit worse and their tastes are less masked in the smoothie. see my post here: https://drugs-forum.com/threads/207874

the smoothie is a little time consuming, though, and you can't do it just anywhere. for quick consumption, I'd have to agree with rawbeer (almost a year ago) and ex-opiophile that shaking it up with liquid is very easy, and also very fast. I was so happy to discover this method shortly after starting my kratom use - it came to me naturally after realizing you can't stir the shit into liquid, it just sits on the top......only difference is, I use a plain water bottle rather than a mason jar. at one point I actually had two water bottles I took around with me - one for water, one for kratom + choice of kratom liquid.........

i experimented with the toss 'n wash method for a while but found it more difficult then simply shaking up the kratom in a small amount of water or juice. it is basically the same thing that way, in that you're only using a small amount of liquid to get it down. the only difference is the kratom is evenly distributed in the liquid rather than just sitting in a pile in your mouth!

while guzzling the concoction, I find it easier to chug back when thinking about or looking at something else...

Tags: