easy way to die on MDMA

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by pillz, Apr 26, 2007.

1. pillz

pillz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    when dancing in a club or rave You can become extremely dehydrated.

MDMA causes an increased heat production by muscles and brain PLUS reduces body's ability to maintain core temperature PLUS hides body's thirst and exhaustion responses PLUS constriction of blood vessels near the skin.

all of this together, means a complete bodily and psychological inability to know when You is dehydrated. it can lead to hyperthermic syndromes, heat stroke, hyperpyrexia (elevation of body temperature). then continuous hyperpyrexia can lead to rhabuomyolysis (skeletal muscle breakdown). rhabuomyolysis then leads to renal failure(kidney failure) and then death.

yea swim knows that rhabuomyolysis is probably mispelled.

here we have another problem.. knowing the effects of MDMA can lead to dehydration and knowing that You cannot feel it very well (if at all), You drinks alot of water, and sometimes too much water--- leading to water intoxication which causes hyponatremia (dilation of the blood causing swelling in the brain).

sometimes water intoxication isnt always from drinking too much water. The release of vasopressin (i think from the pituitary glands), vasopressin goes to the renal (kidney) tubules. the end result of that leads to water retention.

2. _caesar_

_caesar_ Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    The amount of energy wasted typing out that sentance could have been better used entering rhabuomyolysis into google and finding out the correct spelling was actually rhabdomyolysis. A little pedantic perhaps but its a handy way for a fast spellcheck of scientific, medical, latin (the list goes on) words. Even entering something phonetically can result in the word you want.

My top-tip for the day.

3. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    if swims on something that makes him sweat alot he drinks 1 bottle every hour to an hour and a half

4. pillz

pillz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    lol caesar true true i could have but sometimes when swim trys to type and remember the reactions and names of things, leaving swims position off of the page will have swim lose focus and tend to forget. especially when typing as fast as swim can think to get all of the information down. hahaha short fucking memory span.

5. _caesar_

_caesar_ Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I think I was just being a bitch last night anyway.

Back on topic, this is what killed Leah Betts, a girl on her 18 birthday who had apparently taken ecstasy for the first time, the media jumped on the bandwagon as the public were starting to think that ecstasy was a relatively safe drug due to what was being reported by many drug advisory groups at the time.

The onslaught that followed was the typical tabloid frenzy and from what I remember quite a lot of tripe was published in the broadsheets also. A photo of the dying girl accompanied nearly all articles, most of which could only be considered as scare mongering.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/66/Leahbetts.jpg

In the weeks that followed a billboard add campaign was taken out, showing the a photo of the young girl with the caption "Sorted" - a term commonly used for having ecstasy in your possession. I can’t find a good source of the poster with caption included but I can almost guarantee it was hogwash.

http://www.techno.de/frontpage/5_08/pict/e1.gif

Soon a drug campaigner, supported in part by the electronic band Orbital from what I remember followed suit with a rival campaign though not on as large a scale, see image:

http://www.tmcrew.org/csa/l38/wwi/chumba/leah.jpg

6. stoneinfocus

stoneinfocus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Unfortunately, dying isn´t that easy, even if you´re knowlingly forcing it , it´s usually too hard getting even close to the point of danger of dying, in fact, for a normyl healthy person, it would be advisable to use soemthing to speed up dying considerably and reliable, if it´s supposed to unavoidalbyl happen, ecstasy, dehydration, overheating benzos, speed uppers are not such things., athough they do really feel bad and like there´s nothing more worse to come, but the sure death, ... there is and it usually isn´t that close at all, that´ßs what they tell you, because they think oneßs too stupid to learn by themselfe to avoidn things to happen again.