1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Effects - eating a couple hours after kratom = second wave?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Raol Duke, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Raol Duke

Raol Duke Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    So this has been happening to SWIM for a while now and I don't really know why this happens or if its normal, but I haven't seen it mentioned so... I takes kratom in the morning somewhere between 930-11 usually. Then when swim eats lunch a couple hours later, a second wave of euphoria comes over swim, and its fairly intense. I am positive the food has something to do with it because it happens always towards the end of the meal or seconds after finishing. Does anyone know the cause of this? i mean its great, i'm not complaining i was just wondering why exactly it happened or if others experienced this too.

2. trdofbeingtrd

trdofbeingtrd Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I am pretty sure this has to do with absorption in the stomach. It's said to take kratom on an empty stomach, but it's kind of the same as when people get drunk and then eat. It has something to do with the substance taking longer to process because of the food absorbing the kratom.

I could be wrong, let's see.

3. Raol Duke

Raol Duke Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I do take it on a completely empty stomach (right after waking up) but by the time i eat lunch i would assume all of the kratom would have been digested and out of the stomach by then. Could it be the food absorption is somehow pushing along any remaining kratom or something

4. trdofbeingtrd

trdofbeingtrd Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That is a possibility, but I am sure this thread will get more answers, and some of those answers will be more "for sure" than mine. I think I am right, though I don't know for sure.

5. sweetleaf64

sweetleaf64 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well in my friends case it takes 2 hours for the kratom high to peak so if you consume around 11 and then eat around 12 or so you are probably just coming to the peak.

But he does notice that it gets stronger after eating. He usually takes kratom around 1pm and then eats around 5:30. After eating he always feels like it's really strong, and if he smokes a cigarette around 7pm he sometimes ends up throwing up because of nausea. Which he finds odd because he never feels any nausea prior to that.

6. Raol Duke

Raol Duke Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim means like a second peak. Like I will feel the peak, then later when swim eats, it comes back full force randomly. But yes, i understand what you mean with the nausea and smoking

7. GedatusGreen

GedatusGreen Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My friend Jake absolutely thinks there is a boost, but there are conditions. He always takes Kratom on an empty stomach. In his experience, eating within the first 4 hours will diminish his buzz, probably because there is still powder in his stomach and it gets absorbed into the food. But if he waits 4 hours or longer, or when the powder is past his stomach, eating anything will give him a huge boost.

He only uses kratom in the evening, and his ritual is to take it about 6:30- he is buzzing by 7, and around 10:30 or 11, he will eat something before he goes to bed. This gives a very noticeable boost in effects as he drifts off to sleep. He has experimented with kratom and eating, and feels he has it down like a science. Hope this helps, this is only Jake's experience, so don't be angry if it is different for you :)

8. rawbeer

rawbeer Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have noticed this and I think it's due to the food kick starting your digestion. I've noticed the same thing with mushrooms on a few occasions. Not eating for several hours causes your stomach to sort of close up and then eating again causes it to kick back into gear.

I think what's happening here is that you still have some drugs sitting in your belly that are being slowly absorbed because your stomach is in resting mode. When you eat it stimulates digestion, and a wave of drugs hits your bloodstream. I've found that as long as I wait 1.5 hours from ingestion time food won't spoil the effects.

Also the second wave I get after eating is more sedative - if I don't eat the high remains edgier and more stimulating. So it's nice to come home from work, take some kratom, feel good and high and maybe do some yard work, play some guitar, then later on eat dinner, sit on my ass for a couple hours and head to bed. I find if I don't eat dinner and just try to sleep the kratom can keep me up. Even a small snack will make it more euphoric and sedating.

9. Raol Duke

Raol Duke Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yes i agree, it is more sedating, like almost nodding out after eating but when its first taken, its more stimulating. it keeps it interesting i guess

10. seaturtle

seaturtle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I know the feeling you're talking about. Now that I think about it, kratom is always way better if you take it and then eat a big meal an hour later.

I think it has alot to do with your body being satisfied since it has the food it needs, it's alot easier to get high when you aren't hungry. Increased digestion like others have suggested is probably important too. When the stomach is empty the digestive system goes into a lower gear, and eating kratom powder and juice alone wont kickstart it.

Tags: