1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Opinions - Eating after Kratom - Tea vs Toss and wash

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by OnTheStrength, Mar 12, 2014.

1. OnTheStrength

OnTheStrength Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.S.A.
    I know most of you can agree that eating an hour or so after toss and wash enhances the effects, I most definitely can. But on the other hand would eating even make a difference with tea seeing how the active alkaloids are in an easily digestible liquid form - and by the time you do eat the goodies are digested.

I can also see eating to soon after having the tea can diminish the subtle effects as well.

2. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    I don't think it is going to make any difference to the effect personally.
    Eating after the effects have kicked in often increases the effects, i have never heard of it doing the opposite with tea.

Why don't you do a few experiments and see what happens, then post the results here.

3. OnTheStrength

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.S.A.
    Can't say I notice anything.

The second time I did eat to soon and I'd say it did diminish the effects. Had some white grapefruit juice before hand - and that made a nice difference.

4. Looser

Looser Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Czech Republic
    tea is more fast onset and more intense lower time-scale
    eating is slower but longer

5. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Yes, Looser.
    But the issue being discussed is weather or not eating food after taking the kratom in different ways effects the experience.
    Whats your experience with this, have you eaten after kratom?

6. OnTheStrength

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.S.A.
    I've been eating my kratom (T&W) once a day 6-8 grams for about a week. I find the onset is longer as with the come up compared to tea. Also, eating an hour or so after T&W definitely enhances the effects. I've been eating bali for about a week and it seems to give me that pick me up needed for my demanding work pace.

7. Rewil

Rewil Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Earth
    If I take more kratom than whats the most ideal (every batch can be different in strength so it can happen even with the most careful person) I get a bit anxious and the experience is less euphoric. However if I eat something after I notice this, it gets better. I don't have much experience with tea, but I would assume it would work the same way as it does with powdered kratom.

8. fotia

fotia Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I'm not sure if eating an hour after kratom affects the high itself, but it seems like it makes one feel better, as if it were relaxing you and restoring the positive effects of the herb. It's hard to say.

One took a few grams of kratom before going out somewhere, started feeling a bit off at some point, and when he ate it felt better, almost as if it restored some positive effect.

I wonder if it's affecting the kratom high itself or if it's just creating a more relaxed and nurtured state that is interacting with the kratom high..

9. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Eating just re-starts the metabolism which helps to kick things up a notch.

10. dormouse95

dormouse95 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I've done both-eaten afterwards and not eaten. I think it's based on people's systems what's best for them, but for me-eating directly afterwards tends to take away the effect somewhat. However, if I don't eat at all while I'm on it, that takes away too. I've found waiting about an hour after taking it-then eating, worked best for me, unless I had skipped a meal or two and then I just felt sick till I ate.