Opinions - Eating Before/During a Mushroom Trip

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by blackbastard, Aug 9, 2005.

1. blackbastard

blackbastard Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    a word to those who do shrooms offhand.

think before you eat

I got home yesterday and thought that as it was a nice eve he would try the golden teachers he's been growing. swim ate around 3g of dried shrooms and sat in his garden wiating for the fun to start

when the clouds started looking incredibly textured swim knew something was happening, but when after 80-90 minutes nothing serious started happening, I thought about eating some dinner.

big mistake.

I was trying to eat while peaking. possibly as hard as trying to eat a meal on x. forcing it down, thinking it would be for the best, swim ate as much as he could.

swim then had to lay down and felt physically terrible waiting for the food to pass thru the system enough so that I could enjoy the rest of the mild trip.

didnt happen. swim's not a big fan of threshold visuals and wanted full on or nowt. paranoia about going back out into the garden abounded.

lesson learnt: plan your trips better in advance and dont eat while up

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2009
  2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I usually eat light before doing shrooms, avoid eating anything while peaking and once they begin to wear off I have a nice big meal with plenty of sweet vegetables and fruit juice.

3. Brie

Brie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    I also eat somthing before doing shrooms, not to much or else it will take a long time before it starts....

but you dont always have to plan your trips, i've had some unexpected trips and they were by far the best ones i had!

if you know enough about shrooms you know that you almost cant eat while tripping,

so you dont have to plan the trip just dont do nothing wrong......Edited by: Brie

4. big-lester

big-lester Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

yeah but they don't live in holland like we do Brian, they can't go to a shop and buy them when ever they want

but getting back to the point, if I eat before the trip I always get
    some nausea before I even eat the bastards, so I prefer to eat nothing.

ow...almost forgot to say,

he's right, unexpected trips are the best

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2009
  5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    What do you mean by unexpected? Walking in the woods and finding some shrooms and just doing them there and then kinda thing? I've never done anything like that myself. I almost always plan my trips: proper venue, music, triptoys, TV.

6. Brie

Brie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    Ok i forgot that not everyone can do an unexpexted trip, in holland you can have an idea at one evening just smoking some pot....and "Hey lets go trippin, about half an hour later you have them.....you can buy them at the shop here

thats to bad alot of people cant do it like that, i hope that you can have an unexpeced trip once cause they are the best.......