eating disorder and XTC

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by aimie*, Nov 24, 2006.

1. aimie*

aimie* Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have and eating disorder.. does this change the effects of ecstasy?

2. mickenator

mickenator Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o from U.K.
    Sorry to hear this but I has found that whenever they have used XTC it didn't seem to matter wether I had just eaten or they hadn't had anything to eat all day, so in swims opinion You shouldnt suffer.

3. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Kinda depends on the disorder. Thinking back to your other thread regarding flu-like symptoms, then someone with an anorexic/bulimic type disorder may well have a slightly (at least) compromised immune system along with potential malnourishment, which would leave one more prone to infections, especially when adding amphetamines & related substances such as mdma into the equation. Taking chemicals such as these can have an impact on one's health in the short term when it comes to fighting infection. As I mentioned in the other thread I think, many people have found themselves coming down with colds after rolling, although generally speaking this after clubbing, or if one is feeling run down anyway.

As for actual effects, one may find one's Self more prone to the more uncomfortable stimulating effects, lowering of blood sugar, heightened blood pressure & pulse, lowered liver & kidney function leading to harsher comedown (especially taking into account many anorexics tendency to drink a hell of a lot of water, caffeine & diet soda's containing phenylanimines (sp?a laxative in high enough doses) to flush their systems of all the nasty nutrients), potential for over-heating, lowering of seizure threshhold due to a combination of the above. A word about the comedown - many people have found that their self-esteem & confidence can be adversely affected at this time, especially when Terrible Tuesday hits. In my experience people with eating disorders do not need to take chances with their self-esteem & image. This alone should be reason enough for someone with an eating disorder to be very, very careful when dealing with stimulants, even if whilst acutely active in the system (i.e. rolling) it heightens one's self-esteem. There is a place for it in the therapy for eating disorders. However we're not talking therapy here.

Now, if the eating disorder is one where the person just can't stop stuffing their face, without purging, the effects may well be lessened, although not necessarily.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  4. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Awesome post above.

Just wanted to add, SWIF has a friend who finds it very difficult to stop eating. It is her eating disorder and she uses MDMA fairly regularly. It does support not eating as much but the following day after the roll is over her eating habits return to normal. IMO MDMA as a appitite suppressant isnt really very effective for people who have issues with food. For SWIF on the other hand he doesnt want to eat till teattime the following day.

5. The Ecstasy Dream

The Ecstasy Dream Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    I have an eating disorder as well. She went to a rave on Saturday, and all that she ate all day was an orange. When Swim rolled on a single Blue Dove that lasted all night, she didnt feel any discomfort. It actually might have felt better than her first roll.

Swim hopes You and others and even herself can get through their ED's.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
Tags: