Eating Oil

Discussion in 'Hashish & BHO' started by pokergod0588, Nov 21, 2005.

1. pokergod0588

pokergod0588 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    can the oil extracted from cannabis through the alcohol extraction be eaten? any dosages recommended? was thinking of putting it into capsules after it completely dries out

2. kritikal

kritikal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Yes, it would be no different to orally consuming cannabis in any other form.

Capsules would beideal for the oil unless you just scrape it up and shove it in your mouth.

I would go for a strong dose of the oil right away, consideringi would imagine you are an experienced smokerand who doesnt like to get stoned off their ass.

Depending on how potent your oil is, but a capsule full would be decent. When i had oil, 1 drop was comparable to about 2 cones, i would imagine a capsule would be able to hold around 10 drops.

Try increasing your dosages until you get to where you like. Don't increment it slowly, just double up your dosages or what not.

3. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    ^^ What he said will work, a gelcap or capsule would be nice. I have done it before just dipped his finger in it and ate, it works.

4. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I say go for the capsule method. Watch the dosage though, SWIM swallowed an 1/8th of caramello hash before and tripped out for hours (intense dreams, not knowing whether I was awake or not, completely lost touch with reality) so cannabis oil could probably do a lot more.

5. Mindless

Mindless Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    When cannabis is ingested by mouth it's effects can persist for some time. There can also be a considerable delay between ingestion/oral digestion) and the onset of effects. Cannabis oil can be particularly potent. These factors are worth bearing in mind, there is the potential for a quite uncomfortable and disturbing experience. Measurement of dose is important, as is allowing time for the onset of effects. I prefer to weigh orally digested doses of cannabis oil. I would not advise anyone to ingest an unknown quantity of cannabis oil. I am an avid and experienced user of cannabis and cannabis oil, but remain subject to nausea and dizziness, as well as variations in blood pressure and pulse.

Bonding THC to food-based lipids appears to lead to the strongest results, additional consumption of lipids (such as contained in milk) may also increase effects. The effects of orally digested cannabis can be erratic and hard to predict. 20mg of THC is considered a threshold recreational dose. For most people it is not feasible to measure doses this small accurately as THC content varies. It seems best to take as small a dose as possible initially and to allow plenty of time between doses when using this route of administration.

Source: Cannabis Wiki.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013