Ecstasy+Alcohol=Memory loss?

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by i like wimmins, Nov 15, 2004.

1. i like wimmins

i like wimmins Newbie

Reputation Points:
    This has happened 3 times now. I generally start off an evening by drinking, then move on to the chemical entertainment, but I have experienced an unpleasant phenomenon and was wondering if anyone else has. If I'm very drunk, then I take my pills, I get what I've been calling a "memory wipe" - whereby after the E has worn off, I find that I have absolutley zero recollection of anything that happened during the high, or even feeling the high itself. This happened to a friend of mine also, who got trashed, flipped, then the next morning was walking around asking about the location of her pills.
    I realize booze makes you forget stuff, but I've been drinking for a while and I know what it feels like to not remember from alcohol; this is different, its like a big fat section was cut out of my brain somehow. And this doesn't come from being black out drunk before hand, just reasonably, enjoyably drunk.
    Anyone else experienced something like this? Anyone have any insight?
    Thanx.

2. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've only been pretty hammered the once when dropping, and yep, I lost
    most of it (although I have vague flash backs). Those moments
    where I *wanted* to be sensible, I recall, the moments where I just
    melted into the wife, are a complete blur of love.

3. swwells

swwells Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yep, I have definitely lost entire periods of time when rolling after drinking.

4. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've never dropped without having at least two / three beers. I might do just E next time I do it..

5. swwells

swwells Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I think that alcohol might take away some of the effects of E as your body struggles with a depressant and stimulant at the same time. However, the alcohol takes away some of the anxiety associated with doing E (i.e. what the hell is this going to do to me). Other times, the opportunity presents itself out of the blue after quite a few drinks and then who am I to say no:)

6. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:

Whats everyone elses feelings on this?

7. Malc666the1

Malc666the1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi Peeps I'm new,

I used to take E but only when I was drunk years ago and as with every drug I take, I analise it's effects and try to reason whether or not it's good for me or not. I completely relate to your 'wipe-out' theory. However there is a bad note to this.

I had a brother who didn't smoke weed as much as me, if at all. I was lucky I wasn't an alcoholic like my big bruv and as you say, alcohol is a depressant. One of the last things I ever said to him. I knew he had been taking ecstacy for years but to what extent I never knew. He staggered into my house blind drunk and not a clue where he was at or what he was doing. Up tillthen I had never seen him in such a statebut after a few smokes, he mellowed out and began to be coherant. I had shouted at him and told him to stop drinking as he was getting worse and worse and he has an 11 year old son to look after.

Frank died3 weeks ago after a bout of depression, he had always suffered depression, as I did.He had not been to his work in over a month and every time he tried to make a go of it again, he'd slip back into his habits again. I never reallythought he'd been takingecstacy until one of his close friends told me he'd been lookingfor some E to cheer him up as he was on a downer.

Because of the sniffer dogs on the ferry to our island, there had been a ceasasion of supply andwhatever was available was in short supply. Just another example of the intolerable use of force by 'do-gooder' hypocrites and their methadone projects and needle exchange systems attempt to stem drug use. A complete waste of council resourses.

In answer to your question, YES there is definate memory loss due to alcohol and ecstacy combined.