1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Ecstasy euphoria VS opiates euphoria?

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by Comodo, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Comodo

Comodo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jan 13, 2007
    39 y/o from earth
    Hi, I was wondering: dose the euphoria produced by ecstasy have anything in common with streight and quality of opiates induced euphoria (mophine, heroine) say smoking and inhalation.
  2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Feb 26, 2006
    I am assuming You means "strength" and quality?

In SWIM's opinion, they have very little in common. MDMA euphoria is activated by a different set of receptors in the brain, and in SWIM's experience seems to heighten many senses, colors appear brighter, music sounds louder and brings joy just by hearing it, I cannot stop smiling, there is a certain overpowering joy which almost forces one to have fun. Conversations can become very intimate, even with total strangers.

Opiates are a very different euphoria for most people. For SWIM the opiate euphoria is more subtle, one can ride with it, or can go against it. If something bad happens during an opiate experience, I will still show the appropriate emotional reaction, unlike MDMA where I will try to find the bright side of such a situation. Also, while conversation and writing can bring great joy to SWIM while on opiates, this almost seems like more of an "intellectual" pleasure, whereby I will find interesting things to talk about, and deliberately use complex means of saying these things or draw comparisons (which work sober as well) which he would not ordinarily think of, rather than a more raw joy of MDMA where conversation would be enjoyable simply because most activities on MDMA are enjoyable.

Its a tough thing to define pleasure and euphoria when you think about it, SWIM's interesting in hearing more responses to this one.
  3. ThePopeIsMyPal

ThePopeIsMyPal Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Nov 10, 2006
    i find them to be very different on opiates i feel just very calm and it makes me feel great when i just relax but on x i feel like everything is great no matter if i hear good news or bad news and im still very happy
  4. mattprice

mattprice Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Oct 13, 2005
    from U.S.A.
    I find xtc eurphoria to be more intense compared to the euphoria one gets from opiates. I take opiates daily for his back, and likes the euphoria he gets from it. It's subtle and manageable. He takes them before he goes to work, and finds that work is way more fun! Whereas if swim gets some good xtc, the euphoria will be so intense, that he won't be able to talk to people without sounding like a pansy jackass!
  5. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Dec 11, 2004
    from bermuda
    In a word, no.
  6. Hehahohi

Hehahohi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Dec 14, 2014
    from norway
    I know this thread is like 10 years old, but i just ended up here.
    I feel like the euphoria on MDMA is "outside" or "dynamic" and the euphoria in opiates are "inside" or just "there".
    What I mean is that on MDMA everything you touch makes the euphoria better, like I can sit and stroke my hand back and forth on something and I just fall into the euphoria,
    then something happens and i stop stroking, and I have to start stroking again for a while to get that feeling back.
    On opiates the euphoria is just there and you can tap into it if you want to.

I dont know if this made sense but its kinda what i think.