ecstasy question

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by miniswitzer18872, Sep 19, 2006.

1. miniswitzer18872

miniswitzer18872 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    ok i have a question... everyone knows how when you take ex your body releases serotin and it makes you feel good... but if you take ex for too long like say you pop your first pill at the middle of the day an you want to keep rolling until well into the night will your body run out of serotin and you wont feel good anymore? because ive heard a story of somone took ex early in the day and kept taking them periodically but then they still felt the effects of the pill they just didnt feel beautiful like earlier in the night and when your rolling... although they didnt have any more pills so im wondering if taking more pills would bring them back to ecstasy or if his body ran out of serotin and he was still feeling the effects of the drug just without the happy feeling. and if he took more ex would he feel good again?

2. N0ly

N0ly Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well in SWIM's experience he has noted that takeing one pill rollin goff that till it starts to fade. taking another only makes him edgy and agitated. yes he feels the speedy wanna dance wanna fuck feeling but he doesnt feel as good about himself. even after taking the second pill he still feels the depression from the first. does this really make sense to him NO but its what he feels. i say wait till you wanna really roll take two before then have a good time and call it a nite when they start to fade.

3. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    serotonin depletion can and does happen from a long run of ecstacy. redosing does not seem to have the same positive effects for many lab rats as taking the pills all at once, as n0ly says. also another danger of redosing is that MDMA inhibits its own metabolism with repeated dosing in a night, meaning that it will take longer to clear out of one's system...this translates to a longer period of time with the unpleasant stimulated, strung out feeling at the end of the night with a lack of positive effects.

please use the search engine before posting next time as I am almost sure this question has been answered before.

4. KomodoMK

KomodoMK Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I would usually agree that it does fade after the first 1 or 2. However, I did manage to keep an insane buzz going for over 36 hours one new years eve by taking 11 pretty high strength pills, however this is NOT a good idea and I really would not recommend doing it. Especially if your in experienced.

my friend L was taking X for 3 days straight and after the 3rd day the pills had no effect on her whatsoever. So eventually the Serotonin will deplete completley and doesn't matter how many you take, nothing is going to happen.

5. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    ^care to tell us of the aftermath of such abuse?

your consumption, like most, will likely be selflimiting due to obvious reasons - or you may end up like the UK gent who managed to chow down some 40,000 pills - by his not-all-too-there recollection.

6. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    <gurgle, snerk, bip...> yes Mommy a new pair of...<glep, zinl, spasmo...> too tight Mommy...<spong, drip, blap> I ate cauliflower....<ip, attr, gonk> wanna see toys?...

Pardon me. Yes, I too would like to hear the effect of such harmless abuse of MDMA. Surely the utter depletion of one's serotonin had something noteworthy to report. ^^^

7. VincentVan

VincentVan Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    No, it just does´nt sound right to me.
    It´s too simplistic:- MDMA makes you release more serotonine so after a while you just run out of it and you start to feel crappy - .
    I can´t be sure but I just don´t think it works that way.
    First of all MDMA does´nt act only on serotonine but on a number of neurotransmitters, axones, synapsys and neuroreceptors whose combined actions produce the pleasurable (and the unpleasurable) effects of E.
    Second , different areas and glands of the brain produce the different neurotransmitters ( serotonine included) according to the need for it required for neural activities; when these activities need to come to an end the brain doesn´t just run out of neurotransmitters, simply their actions are terminated by neuroinhibitors that bind to the appropriate receptors in order to avoid hyperstmulation (and death) of neural cells.

Let me see...
    Ok. here it should be possible to find some more info. on the subject.
    There are also some interesting pilot studies, approved by the FDA,in which MDMA is prescribed for therapeutical use, apparently whith glowing success.

http://www.maps.org/mdma/

In the meantime I´m gonna explore a bit further this theoretical possibility of neurotransmitter , and specially serotonine depletion. There may well be some truth in it.

VV

8. WrtngCocaineTutorial

WrtngCocaineTutorial Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Yes, yes and YES!
    I believe the same thing! If it's just a persons serotonin - in general - which is deplated then LSD, would have no effect. MDA would have no effect.
    This isn't true.

I believe your hypothesis about the bodies natural response to block the neuroreceptors in the parts of the brain which is hyperstimulated.

There is also a lower level of serotonin released when administering MDMA day after day, but this don't meen that the underlying cause is that the body don't have enough serotonin in general. As stated earlier, then MDA would't work. It's most likely other causes including neurotransmitters, axones, synapsys and neuroreceptors etc. which are more complicated than just running out.

9. KomodoMK

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Well when I was taking the 11 over 36 hour period, on new years day he still woke up fairly early and went for a meal with group of friends and stayed at pub all day, the only really noticeable effect was a very very short temper and some underlying tiredness. However, this was only the second or third time I had taken E. After this the most SWIM ever took in one night was around 5 with one or two exceptions.

As for L, when she did it for 3 days straight she was sleeping 12 hours a day for next 3-4 days after stopping, not very active as she usually is, maybe a little depressed. Some muscle aches and pains. Nothing much more really. I have known another person to do something similar however who spent 12 days ill in bed, hardly being able to move.

SWIM abused the magic of E and now it has gone. SWIM also started seeing tell tale symptoms of this abuse on the mind and body and has since stopped taking E except for the odd one here and there. Since SWIM done this he has noticed he feels a fair bit better and his short term memory has more or less come back.

I would advise everyone to stop when there body warns them before they do permanent damage, better still only use once every 3-6 months.

10. SPWIM

SPWIM Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've heard bananas are a good thing for replenishing serotonin but I'm not sure about rates of fill/drain when comparing ecstacy to bananas.

11. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    For christ sake, just take 120mg and call it a night. If you really want to party hard, then redose with 60mg a few hours into the roll. Some people just dont know when to stop, and if you have to take 5 + pills in a day then you might just be one of these people.

Ecstasy just isnt a drug that you need to be taking in large amounts over extended peroids of time. If you want to feel good all day then find a different drug that lasts longer. SWIM can think of plenty of substances that will last 12+ hours and are less likely to cause negative side effects the next day. Just My .02.

peace out...stay safe

cool

12. Ketamina

Ketamina Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, I have never rolled like some of folks' friends have here, but to avoid that feeling of seritonin depletion, SWIM usually doesn't wait for the first dose to fade. SWIM bumps again right after feeling the peak..and if she's feeling nutty, again during the second peak. I have read that's the best way to keep 'rolling', but since most of her information is gleaned from the internet, it's sometimes iffy on what is legitimate and what is not.

Anymore than three doses like that in a 24 hour period, and SWIM's mouth gets torn to shreds no matter what she does. :)

13. VincentVan

VincentVan Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Dear Ketamina
    I belive that what you call "Feeling of serotonin depletion" in reality is more a feeling of exaustion from neural, muscular and chardiac hyperactivity together with mild symptoms of chemical poisoning and the slight depression that always follows the use of excitant and euphorizant substances.
    I really think is always a smart thing to listen to the messages and suggestions that your body sends to you: i.e. if it makes you sick it can´t be good for you.
    I totally agree with Raven3´s post. E is a substance whose action is limited in time ; if you feel that you really want the symptoms of euphoria, well being and excitement or the allucinogenic and psychotropic effects to last for a longer period, it´s probably better for You to consider the possibility of switching to another substance so as to minimize the risks of overdosing, poisoning or even cerebral and neurological damage.
    I would suggest You to take a look at Shulgin´s classics PiHKAL and TiHKAL; where an ample pharmacopoea of interesting substances is described and explained to possible users.
    In this universe exist other things beside E.
    You just have to find out which ones are the best for you.
    Good luck.

VV

"The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it"
    (Marcus Aurelius Antoninus - "Meditationes" -"Meditations")

14. smogg

smogg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    54 y/o
    if ur are suppose to take 2 or more they would make the pills bigger thats swims advice enjoy just the one and make the most of it mind you in swims days one lasted for hours

15. smogg

smogg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    54 y/o
    and eat fruit and pasta a couple of hours before you go out keep ur energy levels up oh and drink lots of water before you take ur pill during and after

16. KomodoMK

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Please explain your logic behind this comment?

You fail to take into account that everyone reacts different, and thus the same amount of chemical will not have the same effect on everyone. Your body mass also has a part to play and then you have tolerance to the drug. I would have to take 3 to get the same effect a friend would get from 1 for these reasons. Oh, and you could have 60mg or 120mg of MDMA in a pill of the same size.

My advice would be to take it easy, and listen to your own body, learn what is best for you.

17. smogg

smogg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    54 y/o
    well I use to do a fair bit regulary with his friends his friends started to take more and more each week searching for that very first buzz but the more they would take the more they searched but could never find it swim just took one and had a wild night every time when it wore of that was the end of the night but eventualy we all fall into the trap and a habbit turns to an addiction and then gets all f****d up but his best nights were on one ee what i am saying is make the most of what you have taken, once you start taking more there is no going back to just one and if that one you have taken doesnt do that much for you change ur dealer or the ee unless you want everything to get all f***d up and i dont think your size makes any difference the ee goes to ur brain and most peeps brains are the same size

18. KomodoMK

Reputation Points:
    from earth
  19. Bildo

Bildo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

Well I'm pretty sure It's caused by an almost serotonin depletion and excess dopamine in the brain.

The initial "wow, everything's so amazing!!" feeling after taking mdma is due to all of the serotonin stored in your brain being released at once into the synaptic gaps of the serotonin synapses making you feel all happy and good, afte this initial "hit" of serotonin any more mdma is only going to release serotonin that has been produced since and what has already been released is destroyed.
    To keep on taking E throughout the night is silly, It's better to have one strong dose and leave it a couple of weeks to get your brain chemicals back to a healthy balance.
    And whoever said bananas were good for it is right, bananas contain (i think) 5-l-hydroxytryptophan which is the biological precurser to serotonin and will "sort you right out" after a hard night's partying.

20. Bildo

Bildo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    That's right, basically, the less often you use MDxx's the longer they last and the more intense the exprerience is.

Moderation is the key to everything, plus messing around with your own neurochemicals is a terrible idea, you'll turn into a right moody prick of your serotonin receptors become disabled and work a lot less efficiently which is what can happen after excess overuse.