Effect of cannabis confusion?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Fantasian, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Everytime i use the weed i got from my dealer i get this big head rush and it feels like the pressure of my head has increased and i feel really sedated like it's difficult to move and i want to lie down. Also i quite often feel overwhelmed and a bit sick. However when i use my friend John's weed i get a nice tingling all over my body partiularly in my legs and its a much more enjoyable experience. Why is this, is there anyway to make this differant or is it basically like using 2 differant drugs?

2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    One of the types of weed is probably a lot stronger than the other, namely the former. Strong weed to an inexperienced smoker can often have overwhelming effects.

3. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    I get that but even if i only smoke one hit of the first one it's definatly a differant feeling.... i just dont know...

4. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    One could be mainly a sativa strain and the other could be mainly Indica. These are the two basic categories of marijuana types. Many describe the difference between the two in effects as:

Indica: Mellow stoned, relaxing, cerebral.

Sativa: High, energised, feeling sedated when wearing off.

Of course there are many hybrids (possibly more than Indica and sativa in their original forms) but it's likely that what you have two very disimilar weeds because they're probably from two completely different strains.

5. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    ^^ I was thinking this too, theres not much else it could be but it just doesnt seem like that would make the difference (not to me anyway).

Was method of smoking different?

6. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    no difference in smoking at all and if anything the one which gave the much nicer feeling when my body went tingly had more weed in not less.

7. Caliform

Caliform Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    The difference is very easy; one effect is being high, the other is typically indicated as being stoned. Being stoned makes limbs heavy and in heavy stages induces a state of sleepyness. Stonedness comes from several strains of cannabis, a certain race, or it can be forced into existence with more nicotine. Hashish tend to give a certain high, so more 'refined' (less leafy material, more 'hairs') tops of weed can give a more high feeling. My two cents, or personal expirience on this one. I recognize it myself.

8. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    ^^ IMO this doesn't account for the nausea and overwhelmed feeling. Also the fact of hairs being present does not mean much about how high it's going to get you, sure it helps but there's bad weed with lots of hairs and good weed with none.

9. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    The thing is i still dont get when i take one toke from the head one im totally nailed, like i said beforew overwhelmed i just fall on the floor kinda dead...

I dont like that at all

10. anabolictrio

anabolictrio Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from italy
    you should smoke only pure indica strain.
    The most part of strain sold as indica dominant are mixed with sativa you should try these two:

-afghani #1
    -Legends Ultimate Indica

More over you should smoke only well ripened weed.

11. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Why? I find that mainly sativa strains are more potent and enjoyable.

12. anabolictrio

anabolictrio Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from italy
    :) not you! the guy who started this topic and who seems to have so trouble smoking certain strains.
    in my opinion a pure Indica strain ,low in THC is the best choice for him.

13. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    It's not like i have much choice, it's just who i can manage to get it off here in the uk...

14. Bongermann

Bongermann Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If you don't like the weed, don't smoke it. If you want one thing, and can't find it, then wait. You do have options here. Mainly being smoking or not smoking, maybe cut back? I know I don't smoke weed unless I know it's bud I'll enjoy smoking. You can easily afford to be picky here, you'll spend less money that way, and in the long run, can buy more of the kind you want when you can find it.

Try this: when you can't find the weed you want, save the money and wait until you find what you want. Then, take that money and buy the weed you want, along with any other money you would have spent anyways. You'll have more weed to last you longer until you can find the good stuff again.