1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Health - effects and hangovers

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by uirjub, Jul 6, 2006.

1. uirjub

uirjub Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jul 6, 2006
    hey..i need help here..

basically my fren had jus started drinking and it seems tat he's not stopping. i need to know the effects of alcohol to scare him and since he always come back home drunk he always get hangovers in the morning.

i wanna know how does alcohol harms the body and how to prevent having hangovers. hope u all will help me out with dis. thanks

2. robin_himself

robin_himself Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Oct 10, 2005
    from The Netherlands
    swim can honestly tell you that "scaring" people into stopping something is a very hard thing to do. Talking about it and making one realise what he's doing that helps alot more. I posted alot of articles on Alcohol Harm in the drugnews section and if you use the forum search engine you'l find lots more.

Swim's hangover problems always stop/reduce when before he goes to bed (when drunk) he drink lots of water.
  3. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Jun 23, 2006
    from antigua_and_barbuda
    What ever you do don't lie too him... I remember how much health class used to lie to me when i was a freshman and all their scare tactics to keep u away from certain drugs, and when i figared out they were lies i never belived them again.

So id say the best way to help your friend is to show him exactly what it can do ( try a wikipedia search) and if he still wants to do it its his choice.