Health - effects and hangovers

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by uirjub, Jul 6, 2006.

1. uirjub

uirjub Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hey..i need help here..

basically my fren had jus started drinking and it seems tat he's not stopping. i need to know the effects of alcohol to scare him and since he always come back home drunk he always get hangovers in the morning.

i wanna know how does alcohol harms the body and how to prevent having hangovers. hope u all will help me out with dis. thanks

~CHEERS~

2. robin_himself

robin_himself Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    swim can honestly tell you that "scaring" people into stopping something is a very hard thing to do. Talking about it and making one realise what he's doing that helps alot more. I posted alot of articles on Alcohol Harm in the drugnews section and if you use the forum search engine you'l find lots more.

Swim's hangover problems always stop/reduce when before he goes to bed (when drunk) he drink lots of water.

3. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from antigua_and_barbuda
    What ever you do don't lie too him... I remember how much health class used to lie to me when i was a freshman and all their scare tactics to keep u away from certain drugs, and when i figared out they were lies i never belived them again.

So id say the best way to help your friend is to show him exactly what it can do ( try a wikipedia search) and if he still wants to do it its his choice.