Experience Report - Effects of Improperly Dried Mushrooms

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Muirner, May 25, 2005.

1. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    So last night I was at his boys house, who also doubles as swims connection. Anyways he pulls out this bag of mushrooms that he has to show SWIM. Anyways swim looks at them and says they look and smell nice, and give them back. The only difference was the cap wasnt a little ball it had "opened" so the cap looked long and flat, so it wasnt the usual mushrooms for where I live. Anyways after smoking two dutchies SWIM's boy sets a mushroom weighing 1.1 on SWIM's lap. The kid told SWIM to eat it, so swim being the lover of mushrooms that he is... ate it. He gave SWIM another .5 to make it ~1/2 an 1/8th.

The shrooms were not hard and brittle like i am used to. They felt kind of soft and mushy when i ate them. The over all taste of the mushroom is about the same as normal. After eating them, and just sitting back SWIM drank about 4 sips of water. About 30 minutes later I was on the phone with his G/F who dosent want him doing stuff like this, and he was talking when the drunkeness came in, and he started to feel good. So he ended up getting off the phone with her and then going to pick up a friend and off to another friends house.

When I got to his other friends house it was about 10pm. I was feeling more of a body high then anything else. He felt really stoned/happy, and he could feel most of the trip on the body, not to much on the visuals. Anyways the whole room watched tv for 40 mintues which I thought was a lot longer because he was tuned into the tv, and mulitpal conversations. At 11 o'clock the bowls started to be passed around. SWIM's friends turned on Drop Dead Fred and they began towatch it while smoking.

The movie was good,SWIM laughed a bunch, and it was enjoyable. The trip kept him up through the whole movie and it was a moderate trip.I ate dinner about3-4hrs prior to getting the mushroom injested into his body and this is what he attributes toa not full on trip. But it was a good body high that's for sure.

As for the mushrooms not being brittle andhard, did someone forget to let them dry out all the way, or what didSWIM experience?

Muirner

2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    A lot of the mushrooms I get over aren't completely dry and their effects are very much like you described. Along with some alcohol and some pot, it lifts you but doesn't really make you trip much. They're pretty messy on the bowels though. I fart a lot when I'm on them and make a horrific dump the next day. [​IMG]

3. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    When shrooms aren't dried out all the way, they kind of get a squishy
    feeling like really un-dense styrofoam or something... that's probably
    what was up with those.

4. ramjet

ramjet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I like it like that sometimes ... much more sociable and controlable
    than a full on [email protected], and I prefer the high to any other, even E,
    which has a tendency to make me gibber like a fool

5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Same thing happens to me. I essentially become a talking head on E. Mushies are the way to go...